Cruise Critic Community

6 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

... I hope folks got refunds for all their missed attractions.   ...

When the cruise line cancels events, the guests get automatic refunds.

57 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

I hope folks got refunds for all their missed attractions.

What a silly statement.  Of course they did.  🙄

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

What a silly statement.  Of course they did.  🙄

What's so silly about it?  Were you there?

I had a 3 night cruise a few years ago to Coco Cay and Nassau... both days were cancelled morning of due to winds... one became a sea day and the other day we went to Freeport instead... was happy they were able to offer a snorkel excursion at Freeport.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

16 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

We were at Coco Cay yesterday on Harmony.  The wind was blowing about 30 mph so nothing was operating - no zip line, no balloon, no tall water slides, no jet skis, no kayaks, no day cabanas (all tied down and loungers piled on top).  Basically nothing was open but the bars and snack shacks.  May as well have spent the day at sea but it was a chance to get off the ship after being at sea the day before.  I hope folks got refunds for all their missed attractions.  We just walked around the entire perimeter of Coco Cay, sat in the sun for a few moments before we were wind blown back to the ship by noon.  Oh well.  At least we can say we've been there.

Can you do that?  I thought parts of it were off limits.

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Can you do that?  I thought parts of it were off limits.

I'm not sure what you mean  off limits.  You have to purchase a pass for Thrill Waterpark if that's what you mean but it didn't matter since it was closed because of the wind, anyway.  If you look at the diagram of Coco Cay (they gave us a brochure on the ship),  there is a path all the way around Coco Cay with the amount of time it takes to walk to each area from the arrivals plaza. Of course, we couldn't walk out to Coco Beach Club or South Beach since they are still under construction and there was a chain across the dock to the jet skies since all those were also cancelled. Basically all the activities and rentals were closed. The Oasis  Lagoon pool was open as were the bars and grills but there were only a few brave souls in the water since it was rather cool with the wind blowing. A few of the market stalls were open - I actually bought a bright tie dye Coco Cay T shirt. 

2 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

I'm not sure what you mean  off limits.  You have to purchase a pass for Thrill Waterpark if that's what you mean but it didn't matter since it was closed because of the wind, anyway.  If you look at the diagram of Coco Cay (they gave us a brochure on the ship),  there is a path all the way around Coco Cay with the amount of time it takes to walk to each area from the arrivals plaza. Of course, we couldn't walk out to Coco Beach Club or South Beach since they are still under construction and there was a chain across the dock to the jet skies since all those were also cancelled. Basically all the activities and rentals were closed. The Oasis  Lagoon pool was open as were the bars and grills but there were only a few brave souls in the water since it was rather cool with the wind blowing. A few of the market stalls were open - I actually bought a bright tie dye Coco Cay T shirt. 

Coco Cay is an island.  When you said you walked around the entire perimeter of Coco Cay, I thought you meant that you walked around the entire perimeter of Coco Cay, the island.  

21 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Coco Cay is an island.  When you said you walked around the entire perimeter of Coco Cay, I thought you meant that you walked around the entire perimeter of Coco Cay, the island.  

I meant that we walked around the entire perimeter path that the trams go on plus Chill Island and the market place before coming back to the arrivals plaza. I didn't realize I had to be so specific for you to understand.  It's a very small island.

10 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

I meant that we walked around the entire perimeter path that the trams go on plus Chill Island and the market place before coming back to the arrivals plaza. I didn't realize I had to be so specific for you to understand.  It's a very small island.

That makes more sense.

When you said "We just walked around the entire perimeter of Coco Cay", I thought you meant that you walked around the entire perimeter of Coco Cay.  Silly me! 

Okay, you can walk around the ENTIRE perimeter of Coco Cay if you want to climb over the fence around the tanks and storage area off to the far right since you insist on me being absolutely literal about my entire perimeter comment. Geez.

The reason I asked about it in the first place is because I think it would be very interesting to walk around the entire perimeter of the island.  I was merely asking if that's what you actually did, because I would be interested in doing so the next time I'm there.  How was I to know that you didn't mean the entire perimeter?

We were on the December 29, 2019 sailing on Harmony - on our 3rd sea day, they announced Coco Cay was cancelled due to weather and Labadee would be substituted and switched with the sea day (Coco Cay was to be on Day 7 and we went to Labadee on Day 6).  We were disappointed as we had already been to Labadee but it worked out.  Since we already knew where to go we got a fantastic beach spot and the weather was perfect.  All shore excursions were cancelled and refunded to the OBC.

On 1/17/2020 at 9:50 AM, ashmo8 said:

I haven't. But I am more of a native beach kind of gal (St. John is more my fancy rather than St. Thomas). Coco Cay was perfect before (no pun intended) IMO. We aren't a waterpark or pool kind of family--just give us sand and some snorkel gear and we're happy(ok maybe a drink too)!

I snorkeled all the time we were in CC. It was great.

Also they added umbrellas to all loungers (free).

Less crowded beach due to people spending time in park.

No lines in food places as there are several.

It is a perfect beach day.

6 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

What's so silly about it?  Were you there?

I didn't need to be there to know that any time the cruise line/ship cancels something, they refund your money for it.