Celebrity Vacation Planner

pauly

I was curious as to how people got connected with their Celebrity Vacation Planner? The guy I use is a dud, and I know we can not solicit referrals for CVP's, so I would like to know how you got connected with them, and how long have you been using them and do you you use them for every cruise?

Thank you

Paul

Edited by pauly

Just now, pauly said:

I was curious as to how people got connected with their Celebrity Vacation Planner? The guy I use is a dud, and I know we can solicit referrals for CVP's, so I would like to know how you got connected with them, and how long have you been using them and do you you use them for every cruise?

Thank you

Paul

I was assigned a 'planner', used him for 6 years until he was promoted, at which time he recommended another, until she was promoted after 5 years.  They were both super great and we were very satisfied.  I've now been assigned the 3rd CVP but it's only been a few months.  She appears to be very helpful so far.  I haven't solicited any change, but would do so immediately if there was an unresolved issue or personality differences - which could happen with any agent, outside X or in.

2 minutes ago, pauly said:

True and Thank you. I think my guy has just been at it too long and burned out.

My CVP's were young and eager...also VERY patient....I'm usually prepared from online investigation and provide details so they don't have to do a lot of work initially.  But, if I want changes - cabin, price decreases, etc - they have quickly honoured my requests if valid.  Also follow up phone calls may be a little later than I'd like, but I recognize work load, so I have to be patient also.  I usually communicate by email which gets faster results.  Hope you're successful with your change if that's what you elect to do.

3 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

My CVP's were young and eager...also VERY patient....I'm usually prepared from online investigation and provide details so they don't have to do a lot of work initially.  But, if I want changes - cabin, price decreases, etc - they have quickly honoured my requests if valid.  Also follow up phone calls may be a little later than I'd like, but I recognize work load, so I have to be patient also.  I usually communicate by email which gets faster results.  Hope you're successful with your change if that's what you elect to do.

Thank you. I am even on LinkedIn searching for Celebrity Vacation Planners

1 minute ago, pauly said:

Thank you. I am even on LinkedIn searching for Celebrity Vacation Planners

So I'm confused...are you looking for a travel agent outside Celebrity who books Celebrity cruises or are you looking for a CVP who actually works for Celebrity?  I didn't think the CVPs would be advertising themselves on LInkedIn.....learn something new every day if that's the case...LOL.

3 hours ago, pauly said:

CVP's inside celebrity and yes there are some on LinkedIn. But its hard to tell who is good by the duties and possibly a picture! LOL

IMO....if they're looking for a job on LinkedIn, maybe they're not happy where they are and not the dedicated employee you may be looking for?

8 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Forget about Vacation Planners and get a good TA.  Booking with Celebrity is costing you a boatload of $$$.

Just curious as to why X costs you more cash than a TA. Anyone I've used in Canada and it's been 14 years since I have has been pretty useless.  Now I either book with a US website or directly with the line.

• Like 3

B

Just now, drakes2 said:

Just curious as to why X costs you more cash than a TA. Anyone I've used in Canada and it's been 14 years since I have has been pretty useless.  Now I either book with a US website or directly with the line.

Because with a good TA, you will save 8-10% over what Celebrity direct will charge you.  Might be in Group pricing or refundable OBCs or some other benefit.  None of which any cruise line can offer.  What we have saved in the last few years has totally paid for several cruises.

8 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

B

Because with a good TA, you will save 8-10% over what Celebrity direct will charge you.  Might be in Group pricing or refundable OBCs or some other benefit.  None of which any cruise line can offer.  What we have saved in the last few years has totally paid for several cruises.

No travel agency in Canada will offer that type of discount. In past years I've booked with many US agencies and been part of their group booking plus on board credit and a couple bottles of wine but they charge USD then left to the mercy of my bank to do the conversion at prevailing rates. I have a US credit card but it does not offer free medical and cancellation insurance that my Canadian card does. Two years ago I cancelled due to medical reasons and got every penny back.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Forget about Vacation Planners and get a good TA.  Booking with Celebrity is costing you a boatload of $$$.

i just compared my next cruise with a TA based in US....costing more with same perks, NRD, and I think the $$ conversion was higher (didn't really do the math on paper).  Will stay with X but keep eyes open for a better TA deal, then present to X agent as another poster advised.  OP.....Just keep checking for X sales, especially far out from sail date or right before final payment...and sign up for their emails which advertise these sales.

Edited by oceangoer2
  • Like 1

Dunno.  We've referred customers to our TA from Canada, the UK and Australia and each one was happy with how much dough they were able to save.  Can't imagine how a TA could possibly be more than the cruise line.  They deal with the same pricing deck, not including conversion, which of course can be a definite factor.

6 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Dunno.  We've referred customers to our TA from Canada, the UK and Australia and each one was happy with how much dough they were able to save.  Can't imagine how a TA could possibly be more than the cruise line.  They deal with the same pricing deck, not including conversion, which of course can be a definite factor.

I booked during an X sale which has elapsed and onboard, so not fair to compare I guess.  I'm told a TAs pricing is in line with X...but they CAN offer more OBC, wine, and maybe group discounts...but that's the US.  Canada can't offer these and the conversion is at the mercy of either the TA's bank or Cda's.  Isn't cost effective for me to book in the US.  Others have had success so it's possible if you spend the time.

Edited by oceangoer2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

and I think the $$ conversion was higher (didn't really do the math on paper).

The $ conversion will, for sure be higher plus the fact that when it hits your credit card usually a few days later it's even more.  I'm not one for surprises and I like to know exactly what my cruise will cost.  I actually did the math on my upcoming cruise and had I not booked with X it would have been another 70 or so bucks. 

48 minutes ago, pauly said:

Well, thats all I have to go by....pjcomeau17@gmail.com

My vacation planner is great and we prefer to book direct so its the best of both worlds.  Ours was assigned to us, but if you're not happy you can switch.  

Our friends from Canada always book with our U.S. TA.  They get 10% OBC after taxes & port charges.  For example, if your cruise costs around $3500, taxes & port charges will be around $500, so my TA gives us $300 in OBC.  If we don't spend it, it's refundable and gets credited back to our credit card.

We're experienced cruises, so don't need a CVP to take care of us.  Don't really need a TA as I make all the arrangements myself, but why give up free money?  😉 🍷

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I only did used a TA once and was completely underwhelmed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

We're experienced cruises, so don't need a CVP to take care of us

We also dont need services of a CVP but we would not have received the additional OBC and bottle of red Cab had we booked online.  

I absolutely LOVE our CVP!  He has called us when there's a good deal to be had, even though I follow prices on our booked cruises every day, sometimes it's hard to figure out all the details by doing a mock booking.  I'm not looking for more OBC - we never use what we have and are always looking for something to buy on the last night to spend it all.  I love that I have someone specific to call, knows me, knows what I'm going to ask ahead of time (I swear he reads my mind), can book all my dinner reservations ahead of time, sends me extra info on all excursions, emails and calls me back on time, and has saved me a ton of money. I also like the control that booking directly accords...when there are issues with the cruise, it's much easier to deal with than a TA.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

No travel agency in Canada will offer that type of discount.

Not so! That was the case, and still is for the majority of Canadian TA's who believe that a bottle of wine is a significant perk! But ever since a certain Big Box store extended its travel arm to Canada a couple of years ago, I get this type of discount on every cruise that I book with them.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

I'm not looking for more OBC - we never use what we have and are always looking for something to buy on the last night to spend it all.  I love that I have someone specific to call, knows me, knows what I'm going to ask ahead of time (I swear he reads my mind), can book all my dinner reservations ahead of time, sends me extra info on all excursions, emails and calls me back on time, and has saved me a ton of money. I also like the control that booking directly accords...when there are issues with the cruise, it's much easier to deal with than a TA.

Um. if the TA gives you OBC, it goes back to your credit card at the end of the cruise.  Absolutely no reason to spend it.

And our TA, who works out of home, is available at 6:00 AM. No Celebrity CVP is working at that time.  And honestly, I have every bit as much "control" over my booking as someone who books with the cruise line.

Like I said, we've saved enough in the last couple years to fully pay for several sailings.  The savings in the last 18 months or so?  Around $6000.  

2 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

IMO....if they're looking for a job on LinkedIn, maybe they're not happy where they are and not the dedicated employee you may be looking for?

I don’t think you understand how linked in works.  While there is a section on employment opportunities it’s primarily a networking site.   I use it to stay connected to former colleagues and business partners, not to look for work.  Comes in very handy when looking for a vendor to assist with a work project or staying UTD on business trends.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

I absolutely LOVE our CVP!  He has called us when there's a good deal to be had, even though I follow prices on our booked cruises every day, sometimes it's hard to figure out all the details by doing a mock booking.  I'm not looking for more OBC - we never use what we have and are always looking for something to buy on the last night to spend it all.  I love that I have someone specific to call, knows me, knows what I'm going to ask ahead of time (I swear he reads my mind), can book all my dinner reservations ahead of time, sends me extra info on all excursions, emails and calls me back on time, and has saved me a ton of money. I also like the control that booking directly accords...when there are issues with the cruise, it's much easier to deal with than a TA.

THANKS!!!!