Celebrity Vacation Planner

pauly

The Big Box TA mentioned here by Fouremco will no longer give SBC for Holland America, Princess or any cruises. It will be all Shop Cards starting this year. The agent I spoke to  intimated that it was the cruise lines dictating this but me thinks it was some exec at that Big Box who realized they would make money on the Shop Card but the cruise line would make money on the SBC. I will be looking elsewhere more often in the future.

6 minutes ago, Virgo61 said:

The Big Box TA mentioned here by Fouremco will no longer give SBC for Holland America, Princess or any cruises. It will be all Shop Cards starting this year. The agent I spoke to  intimated that it was the cruise lines dictating this but me thinks it was some exec at that Big Box who realized they would make money on the Shop Card but the cruise line would make money on the SBC. I will be looking elsewhere more often in the future.

Oh for sure it's not the cruise line. Of course they will make more on their shop card. I did see that offered on weekend when I priced out my cruise. I don't shop there anyway I'm a huge points collector and plan meals around store sales and extra points. 

31 minutes ago, Virgo61 said:

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the recent change, but I see that the website has been updated now to reflect it. As I'm used to the cash cards for all my Celebrity cruises, having the same now for my HAL cruises will require no adjustment. I agree with you and @drakes2 that the store realized that it would be better to have the money coming back to them and not going to the cruise line.

4 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

yes...I check quite often and don't see fluctuations daily or even weekly, but I do call my CVP on the occasion(s) when they change.  My point was that some posters say their CVP seems to give more attention to their accounts than others do.

Agree.  It seems that its more luck of the draw, rather than set service standard. 

On 1/23/2020 at 8:41 AM, Virgo61 said:

The agent I spoke to  intimated that it was the cruise lines dictating this

That would certainly be smart: "From now on, don't give your customers the chance to spend OBC!" 

I hope you find another TA who doesn't lie to you.

On 1/18/2020 at 3:08 AM, Pushka said:

Five cruises and have never been assigned one. 

This is my third X cruise and have had similar experience. Was assigned one first cruise and then she got promoted. Her replacement called me once and had the wrong ship and date. She never called back. Second cruise never assigned one, Then after final payment I got an email from a guy who said he was assigned to help me up to my sailing. I called and emailed with a question about WIFI, It took him days to get back  to me.  When he did , he had no answer, put me on hold, and still had no answer. I found out more on FB. Never heard from him again. Now this cruise , I have no one

Like @DebInAntigua, we have just talked to whoever gets on the phone and never had any problems getting anything we wanted. They have some type of code on my bookings on the CVP entry, but no one has ever asked or commented about it.

We have never received an extra goodie plate, or wine, or wanted one. There is all we could ever care to eat and drink already included in any cruise!

Edited by mayleeman