Line dance instruction - Passenger lead?

Peaches54

Even though I'm a Diamond+ member, I've only seen this happen once and it was on a Transatlantic cruise.  I posted an announcement on the Bulletin Board for a passenger lead line dance class.  What a GREAT turn out ---- we had 12-15 people every morning and we all took turns teaching different line dances.  Some country, some rock, some oldies music and dances. In just a few weeks (February 22) a group of 20 ladies are cruising on the Brilliance of the Seas and almost half of us love to line dance and willing to teach some dances to any others that would enjoy learning.  The problem is that the Bulletin Board is so very hard to find and the majority of passengers don't even know that it exists. Any suggestions on how to notify others about this?  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Peaches54 said:

Even though I'm a Diamond+ member, I've only seen this happen once and it was on a Transatlantic cruise.  I posted an announcement on the Bulletin Board for a passenger lead line dance class.  What a GREAT turn out ---- we had 12-15 people every morning and we all took turns teaching different line dances.  Some country, some rock, some oldies music and dances. In just a few weeks (February 22) a group of 20 ladies are cruising on the Brilliance of the Seas and almost half of us love to line dance and willing to teach some dances to any others that would enjoy learning.  The problem is that the Bulletin Board is so very hard to find and the majority of passengers don't even know that it exists. Any suggestions on how to notify others about this?  

Call the cruise line.

Edited by cruznjan

In the Carolinas, men do LOTS of the line dances...few are "country"...and some that folks do elsewhere, are done differently to "beach music"....  Heck...there are SONGS about line dances (which are also line dance songs in themselves!)....nothing wrong with a good line dance!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peaches54 said:

The problem is that the Bulletin Board is so very hard to find and the majority of passengers don't even know that it exists. Any suggestions on how to notify others about this?  

I don't have any suggestions but it would be terrific to get something like this on the daily activities.  Most of the women and some of the men in our family/friends group would love to participate in a fun activity like this.  I've seen them doing  county western to Zorba the Greek. They would have a great time.

Me, you would have to paint footprints on the floor otherwise I can't get the steps.   Haha   

Edited by ldubs

12 hours ago, cb at sea said:

In the Carolinas, men do LOTS of the line dances...few are "country"...and some that folks do elsewhere, are done differently to "beach music"....  Heck...there are SONGS about line dances (which are also line dance songs in themselves!)....nothing wrong with a good line dance!

CB - you are right!! Most o the songs we line dance to are not country.  There is nothing wrong with country, as a matter of fact I enjoy the new country music like Blake Shelton, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisely-------and I LOVE beach music--- wish I could do the Carolina Shag as well as others I have seen.

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In the 1980’s in Brooklyn,NY men and women line danced.

On my cruise last month there were line dancing classes.

On most every cruise I've been on, there has been at least one line class taught by the crew.  This would be additional line dance classes not taught by the crew.  

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In the 1980’s in Brooklyn,NY men and women line danced.

On my cruise last month there were line dancing classes.

In the early/mid 60s all the “yon teens” did either the ChezVous or the Wagner,s Walk. The Geator lives.

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

You could discuss it with the Cruise Director / Activities Team on board to see about getting it listed in the Cruise Compass.

I think this would be the way to handle it.  I think the amount of CD staff-led line dancing depends on whether anyone on the CD's team really likes to lead it.  On our Panama Canal cruise last fall, there was line dancing on deck almost every morning.  They might be happy to have a passenger willing to help out.

I hear there's a good sized group of line dancers on a mini-charter on Liberty Feb 2. Imagine the country band in the lounge will have a lot of line dancing unless they have private venues / events. Hopefully those not in the group (me) don't lose the nightly band sets as we enjoy listening to a few songs and maybe dancing a bit.