FCD benefits reduced?

VMax1700

Currently on Koningsdam and picked up a Future Cruise Deposit Request Form from the FCC's desk.  It states On Board Spending Money per person (based on length of cruise)......All Staterooms/suite categories.... 3 to 10 days usd 25; 11 to 21 days usd 50;  22 to 50 days usd 75; 51+ days usd 100.

Previously the OBC was based on cruise length AND CATEGORY of stateroom booked. Anyone know when this changed?

157929540301969841602055266764.jpg

37 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Oh, no!  I don't like that at all.  Do you know if they're still doubling the OBC if booked within 60 days of disembarkation (ZPM)?

I hope they will honor the benefits for FCDs purchased prior to this change.  

Me too as we bought 2 each last week on NA under the old 3 tier plan. 

That's a HUGE drop in the amount of OBC! I have always managed to get $250 for my longer cruises, and that was for an inside cabin!
I don't recall there being a different amount of OBC based on cabin category, but only based on length of cruise. 

16 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I don't recall there being a different amount of OBC based on cabin category, but only based on length of cruise. 

The FCD program for 2014 can be found at https://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FCD-Program-May-2014.pdf

and it is for 3 tiers based on length and cabin type.

My FCD's from 2018 and 2019 show 3  levels of OBC per length of cruise based on stateroom category.

I have left a note in the FCC's mailbox so we will see the outcome.

Edited by VMax1700
Fat fingers!

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

I don't recall there being a different amount of OBC based on cabin category, but only based on length of cruise

Yes, there used to be Int/OV, Verandah, and Suite amounts, if I am remembering correctly.  I remember this because I managed to move myself into a verandah on one cruise and the higher OBC covered the price difference between an OV and a verandah.

We dropped one in the box for 3 FCD on our Dec 7 cruise.  Asked for the email notification to be sent.  Never got the notification and never charged for it.  Notified HAL once we got home they said there was nothing they can do.  Would always make sure to get hard copy on ship and never go email route again.

8 minutes ago, GRACECRUISE said:

We dropped one in the box for 3 FCD on our Dec 7 cruise.  Asked for the email notification to be sent.  Never got the notification and never charged for it.  Notified HAL once we got home they said there was nothing they can do.  Would always make sure to get hard copy on ship and never go email route again.

On our last cruise, the consultant would only do it via email.  I objected, saying what if there is a mistake (as happened on a prior cruise)?  I wanted the ability to correct if there was one.  The response was "I don't make mistakes"!  As it happened she didn't make a mistake, lucky for me.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

28 minutes ago, VennDiagram said:

To me, the wording is ambiguous/unclear.  I don't expect you to know the answer, but I do wonder if the "we" referenced applies only to the FCC desk onboard.

To me "We' is FCC's in general.

I have asked them the question and will look for an appointment

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Oh, no!  I don't like that at all.  Do you know if they're still doubling the OBC if booked within 60 days of disembarkation (ZPM)?

I hope they will honor the benefits for FCDs purchased prior to this change.  

Earlier this week we applied FCDs purchased on N.A. in Nov 2019 on a Nov 2020 cruise. On our HAL invoice, we have been credited with FCD OBC based on the old formula of cabin category & length of cruise. We were also credited with the ZPM (within 60 days) OBC bonus. Both OBC amounts reflect what was listed on our FCD printed (and emailed) receipts and the ZPM offer HAL emailed after disembarking.

Some thoughts:

So, ZPM is likely gone, too?

As for OBC, HAL has been offering some with proms lately.  Hmm.  

I noticed a big box Canadian company that used to give OBC on a sliding scale in respect to how much you spent on the cruise.  Now, I notice that the credit amount (as a gift card) is for spending in their stores, not on HAL.  

This new formula for the FCC "punishes" pax for booking higher categories.  Everyone is now equal.  How good is that? :)

• Like 1