Live From Regal 1/19/2020 E. Caribbean

Steelers0854

Live From Regal Princess 1/19

DW and I are excited to be back with Princess after a short hiatus.  Once we hit Platinum on Princess we decided we would try all the other mass market lines out there to see if we were missing anything or liked another brand better.  With Carnival, Celebrity, NCL, Disney, and Royal under our belts we got an email that our Future Cruise Deposit (or credit, whatever they call it these days) was about to expire!  Well we couldn’t have any of that!  So we looked around and found a great January cruise for a good price, and a Medallion cruise none the less.  I have wanted to try the medallion technology since it was announced so I was excited we were going to be able to give it a try.  Winter has been kind of mild this year so this isn’t as much of a winter getaway as I thought it would be, but warmer weather here we come!

We are Platinum so we get 150 minutes each of free internet, but i wanted to run the “improved” internet through its paces.  So I got the unlimited package for a cool $50 bucks (which compared to every other line is an absolute steal) and got ready for our trip.

Getting “Ocean Ready” was a breeze.  Download the app, login and fill in the blanks.  10 minutes and both DW were ready to go (despite her gripes that when I took her picture she wasn’t ready and told me if they displayed that photo anywhere on the ship I would be single by the end of the cruise).  We filled everything out in mid December.  We got our Medallions via FedEx just after New Years.  No email from Princess, they just showed up one day.  So we were ready to go for our trip.

BDF8B759-3E2F-4249-B90A-4D44F146DE1B.thumb.jpeg.ffd1e54b7fa8e936f0469c86c0380a22.jpegE4DB1077-59AD-49F6-B08C-5C29BDE37D53.thumb.jpeg.f2cd66b7247bb4f66256b7864875b635.jpeg

This itinerary is taking us to Princess Cays, St Thomas and St Maarten.  The one interesting thing is that we are in St Thomas from 10am - 10pm, I have never been in St Thomas that late before so it should be interesting to be there at night.

We are getting things finalized, bags are packed and ready to go as we leave tomorrow.  We always travel down early just in case.  With this large weather system hitting the eastern US tomorrow hopefully flights don’t get cancelled and we make it down ok.  We don’t leave until late in the day, so I am not sure if that’s a good or bad thing!

• Like 3

I will be very curious of how you feel about the Regal and Princess in general compared to Celebrity. We were on the Celebrity Reflection about a year ago and were not fans of that ship or Celebrity. The Regal is our favorite ship.

Enjoy!

Have an awesome adventure, we're on her on 2/2/2020 (I love typing that, almost as much as 2/20/2020). My daughter wanted to get married on 11/11/11 , but, the prices for a reception were thru the roof...

Edited by CruiseVA

This live from will also have a fair amount of info for those with food allergies. DW found out about a year ago that she is allergic to Dairy, Gluten, and Eggs. So I will do my best to post about how the food is from that perspective. Things are looking positive as we filled in the cruise personalized noting her allergens and someone contacted her within a week to ask what kind of milk she wanted (soy or rice, almond is not an option). 

More to come. Thanks for following along!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Following along. We were on the Regal last February and in our opinion the food was the best we've had on any Princess ship including the 2 other times we were on the Regal. This year we will be on the Sky in March on the same itinerary as you.

We are also Platinum  and have been toying with giving Celebrity a try. I'd be very interested to read your comparisons.

I definitely sympathize with your DW in regards to the medallion photo...I have a picture of my dog for my profile pic - he's way cuter than I am! 🐶

• Haha 1

We are on the same trip as you. When I read your thread title I thought for a moment we'd missed the ship! Looking forward to boarding tomorrow and am anxious to see if we have a new mattress after last week's wet dock.

We just landed at the airport and are waiting for our gate to clear so we can deplane. Was 27 degrees at home when we left, and it's 75 here now 🤗

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

On Regal for their Christmas sailing. Wonderful cruise with nice food, excellent music (loved the piazza shows), good service and nothing but good memories. Will follow your "Live" with interest. Happy sailing and enjoy.

Six cruises on the Regal tells you that it’s one of our favourite ships 👍🏼. In fact, there were certain aspects of it that I missed during our two weeks on the Sky over the holidays. Have a fantastic respite from winter! Would do anything to be back in the Caribbean right now.

Also looking forward to your posts. We will be boarding Regal 1/26.  This is also our return cruise after a 10 year hiatus.  Glad you made it out despite the snow.  We have about 5” where I am in NY.  Hearing an abundance of great things about Regal and have all the Ocean apps ready. Enjoy! 

We were on Regal just before she went into wet dock.  I just watched her arrival into Port Everglades on PTZTV this morning.

You'll love the departure from St. Thomas at night.  Be sure to be up topside.  The lights of the island are enchanting.

Bon Voyage!

Eunice and Benny in the Crooners bar are awesome, btw...