Live From Regal 1/19/2020 E. Caribbean

Steelers0854

12 minutes ago, oncruisecontrol said:

Yikes.  We board the ship this Sunday 2/2/20, and are planning on parking at the port.  We don't want to park at Terminal 2 for embarkation only to disembark at Terminal 21---how would we get back to our car?  Do you know if the different Terminals for embarkation/disembarkation was just for your sailing?

Not to worry, I am parking at Terminal 2 for the same cruise.  We are due to return to the same terminal on February 9.

On 1/17/2020 at 6:47 PM, CruiseVA said:

Have an awesome adventure, we're on her on 2/2/2020 (I love typing that, almost as much as 2/20/2020). My daughter wanted to get married on 11/11/11 , but, the prices for a reception were thru the roof...

The wife and I just got off the Caribbean Princess for a ten day Panama Canal itinerary. We are Platinum level, two short of making Elite. Sadly we will not reach Elite. This was the worst cruise experience of our lives. Be careful with Medallions, when you order a drink, service or speciality restaurant because servers have ALL your personal information. Please be careful.

7 minutes ago, talbotj344 said:

The wife and I just got off the Caribbean Princess for a ten day Panama Canal itinerary. We are Platinum level, two short of making Elite. Sadly we will not reach Elite. This was the worst cruise experience of our lives. Be careful with Medallions, when you order a drink, service or speciality restaurant because servers have ALL your personal information. Please be careful.

When you say the servers have ALL your personal info, what does "ALL" include? 

1 minute ago, talbotj344 said:

Everything: full legal name, address, date of birth and phone number. I also believe they have your passport number too. 

And you know this for sure, how? I find it difficult to fathom that Princess would allow a dining room server to see a passenger's passport number and home address.  Birth date I can understand for alcohol purchases.

2 minutes ago, oncruisecontrol said:

And you know this for sure, how? I find it difficult to fathom that Princess would allow a dining room server to see a passenger's passport number and home address.  Birth date I can understand for alcohol purchases.

Order a drink using Medallion. When server brings your order ask them to see what personal info they have on you. You will be shocked. How I know, wife ordered drink during dinner. When dinner was over I hear my full name, only my wife uses it so it surprised me. I asked the bar person how she knew my name and her reply was “ I know everything’s about you.” She then listed off my full legal name, address, DOB (which they do not need, could have a symbol I am of drinking age), and when she started reading my phone number I stopped her. Another passenger said they also have my passport number but I am not 100% sure on that but the rest I am sure on the Caribbean Princess. 

31 minutes ago, oncruisecontrol said:

No need for a DoB. Under the old cruise card regime, there was a designation on your card that might state A10. That meant that the passenger had completed 10 cruise and currently were on their 11th, but the A signified that on those cruise' they were classed as an adult for the purposes of purchasing alcohol. I have no idea if such a scheme exists under a medallion Cruise, but by the sound of it, they have way more information available than could be gleaned off a cruise card.

I doubt that they have more info about you due to having the medallion v. the cruise card. You are talking about backend computer services not the frontend services. The Medallion is not different from the Cruise Card, it just make ID'ing you easier, but, once they know who you are, well, they know who you are. Ask for your Passport #, your fellow passenger is full of it most likely, if not, ask any other cruise ship to tell you what they know about you when you give them your cruise card.

Edited by CruiseVA
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, talbotj344 said:

Order a drink using Medallion. When server brings your order ask them to see what personal info they have on you. You will be shocked. How I know, wife ordered drink during dinner. When dinner was over I hear my full name, only my wife uses it so it surprised me. I asked the bar person how she knew my name and her reply was “ I know everything’s about you.” She then listed off my full legal name, address, DOB (which they do not need, could have a symbol I am of drinking age), and when she started reading my phone number I stopped her. Another passenger said they also have my passport number but I am not 100% sure on that but the rest I am sure on the Caribbean Princess. 

DOB! Awe come on the server has no right to have that!

Edited by Reader0108598

14 hours ago, talbotj344 said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Can you elaborate on what else turned you off Princess on this cruise? We had a one off experience on the Regal a few years ago but it wasn't bad enough to completely turn us off the entire line. Ironically, last year we had one of the best experiences we've ever had on any cruise and it was also on the Regal. 

It's been reported on this site before that the Medallion shows a lot of info about us - someone took a screen shot. It does give your name and birthdate - but I don't remember seeing the Passport number.

Edited by hllwdcruiser
  • Like 1

We were on this cruise also(1/19/20). We traveled with 3 other couples .

and all had a wonderful relaxing time.  Loved the ship, crew, food, entertainment and the new bedding.  We lover our deluxe balcony And having a love seat for seating.

We would definitely sail the Regal again💕

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, oatbagg1 said:

you'll L O V E the British Isles. We took Caribbean Princess and it was lovely. Do your research--Cruise ports aren't near the cities you'll cruise to. But there will be plenty of very nice tour guides outside the port -(Honest, clean, buses, well informed guides) that will drive you all around for mere pounds.  Don't miss Guernsey. A delightful port.

Would you please comment further about this?  We're on the Regal around the British Isles on May 4.  We're pretty taken aback at how difficult it seems to organize anything other than Princess tours and the prices (when you figure in exchange from CAD) are gobsmacking. We're particularly concerned right now with getting from South Queensferry up to St. Andrew's (have a round of golf booked) and from Invergordon to Inverness.  Any information would be appreciated a BIG THANK YOU to Steelers0854 for this enjoyable review!

Edited by ronandannette