Live From Regal 1/19/2020 E. Caribbean

Steelers0854

We got up I the nick of time to make breakfast. DW was hesitant since she forgot about asking about breakfast at dinner the night before. Happy to report this has been the best experience at sea for her allergies yet. 

So DW can’t have Gluten, Eggs or Dairy. We sat down and Magda, head waitress, came over and was absolutely wonderful. She went over the menu and took down what DW wanted. Came back and informed us while the sausage links had Gluten, the bacon and hash browns are safe. In addition we found out she can eat the Gluten free bread and have both pancakes and French toast if she orders those the day before. Magda also encouraged us to check Alfredos because she thought the gluten feee pizza crust she could also eat. Needless to say DW was beyond thrilled. 

Here is the breakfast menu for today. 

9DD79E80-DEAD-48B6-B324-C10E9F3CA98D.thumb.jpeg.990d475b3c9d90a068bba579eda3ba39.jpeg

I had the blueberry waffles which were delicious. Sorry no photos. We share a table and I always feel awkward taking photos of the meals. 

• Like 2

So I was excited to give this Ocean Now feature a try. We found a great shady spot on the pool deck and I fired the app up. Bonus, first drink order under $12 was free!  Put in my order and waited. Not but a couple minutes later I see the waiter wandering on the other side of the deck. Ugh. He walked up stairs and all around the opposite side of the ship I was on. Finally I just walked over to him and grabbed my drink lol. His device was somehow showing me on the other side of the ship. The process was Super easy to use, the guy got close but not ideal. 

Me 0 - Ocean App 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

So I was excited to give this Ocean Now feature a try. We found a great shady spot on the pool deck and I fired the app up. Bonus, first drink order under $12 was free!  Put in my order and waited. Not but a couple minutes later I see the waiter wandering on the other side of the deck. Ugh. He walked up stairs and all around the opposite side of the ship I was on. Finally I just walked over to him and grabbed my drink lol. His device was somehow showing me on the other side of the ship. The process was Super easy to use, the guy got close but not ideal. 

Me 0 - Ocean App 1

Ugh ! They have some bugs for sure! It does show the paranoid people they cannot really track us !..lol They may know about where you are but that's it!

Edited by Reader0108598

The location thing needs some tweaking, I used it the last cruise to locate my wife, said she was in our cabin when I saw her walking towards me in the buffet area - LOL!

I ordered my free drink while I was sitting at the bar on our last cruise. I watched the bartender make it & place it on the bar for the server to take it, when the server picked it up, he had an odd look on his face, looked up & I waved at him. We all had a good laugh.

Question - are there bars of soap in the cabins? We're going to be on the Regal for the 2/2/2020 sailing. The Sky did not have any in December, and, I heard they were doing away with them fleetwide, just not sure how soon. Since the Sky was spanky new, I don't think it ever had a bar of soap.

Edited by CruiseVA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiseVA said:

I ordered my free drink while I was sitting at the bar on our last cruise. I watched the bartender make it & place it on the bar for the server to take it, when the server picked it up, he had an odd look on his face, looked up & I waved at him. We all had a good laugh.

I wonder if you get another free drink on your next medallion cruise or is it a once in a lifetime experience??

2 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

The location thing needs some tweaking, I used it the last cruise to locate my wife, said she was in our cabin when I saw her walking towards me in the buffet area - LOL!

Question - are there bars of soap in the cabins? We're going to be on the Regal for the 2/2/2020 sailing. The Sky did not have any in December, and, I heard they were doing away with them fleetwide, just not sure how soon. Since the Sky was spanky new, I don't think it ever had a bar of soap.

no bars of soap. You get the bottle of body wash and other of shampoo/conditioner. 

1 hour ago, Malleykatt said:

Loving the photos. Giving me lots of tips  and ideas for our British Isles cruise in July.

Keep them coming Thanks.

glad you’re enjoying it!  I’m jealous of your British isles cruise!

33 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I wonder if you get another free drink on your next medallion cruise or is it a once in a lifetime experience??

my guess is it’s a promo they are doing for the new tech and as such will be first free drink on board ordered through it until they get more people using it. YMMV though. 

Edited by Steelers0854

We relaxed on loungers at the pool for awhile and then headed to the cabin to get ready. It was lunch time and we decided to check out Alfredo’s to see if DW could in fact eat there. Turns out their Gluten free pizza also doesn’t have dairy or eggs so she was good to go. 

I got one of the anti pasta dishes and a Hawaiian pizza and DW got a veggie pizza with pepperoni sans cheese of course. 

7D0DC545-C548-4DA6-A9BD-CABB32D5F98F.thumb.jpeg.2ee50b9c8da7ad74a22c8882b5ddde64.jpeg

97E7D231-D6EB-4FAA-B7BA-E0082AC226E5.thumb.jpeg.a10b551b3f9e159f76424dc8b39fba76.jpeg

I thought the pizza was great as always. Love these ships with Alfredo’s!

DW’s pizza:

EF04D540-5196-4B8E-A204-D9FBB4990D78.thumb.jpeg.1fe04eaf86e86ca0880c993116d595f8.jpeg

DW thought her pizza was good, not great, but was thankful for having options onboard and she could get something different!

Edited by Steelers0854
  • Like 1

I have a question about the gluten free pizza at Alfredo's.  We'll be on the ship next week and I am gluten intolerant.  Did you have to tell them ahead of time that you needed gluten free or were they able to make it when it was ordered?  Thanks for your help and enjoy your cruise!

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 11:11 AM, Steelers0854 said:

They said rooms would t be ready til 2pm. But ours was ready right when we boarded. No signs or closed doors blocked our way so we went in and dropped our bags and headed for lunch. I’ll post some rooms photos when we get back down there. 

IIRC Regal just came out of a week long wet dock in Freeport.  Since there were no disembarking PAX to clean up after, the rooms were probably made up and ready days before your boarding.  I wonder how it will be for us in two weeks?  :classic_unsure: 

5 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

So I was excited to give this Ocean Now feature a try. We found a great shady spot on the pool deck and I fired the app up. Bonus, first drink order under $12 was free!  

Thanks for the tip about the first free drink for free using the app!!! I'm definitely taking advantage of the freebie next week. 

1 hour ago, rngrgh2009 said:

I have a question about the gluten free pizza at Alfredo's.  We'll be on the ship next week and I am gluten intolerant.  Did you have to tell them ahead of time that you needed gluten free or were they able to make it when it was ordered?  Thanks for your help and enjoy your cruise!

Made on demand, no advanced notice given. They also say they use different prep and cool areas as well. They have been very sensitive to DW’s issues while onboard and thus far no problems!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

Made on demand, no advanced notice given. They also say they use different prep and cool areas as well. They have been very sensitive to DW’s issues while onboard and thus far no problems!

Thank you so much!  I am looking forward to eating there.

We didn’t do much this afternoon but hang out on the balcony and read. Before long it was getting near dinner time. We headed to the Piazza and sat and listened to some live music while we waited for dinner. 

It’s Italian Night!  Here is the menu for tonight. 

2FE0137E-0395-462E-9C37-FD277FB64D95.thumb.jpeg.2d49f5536009275b466bd2dd880b7d93.jpeg

DW preordered the Minestrone soup, salad and the pot roast.  She enjoyed the Minestrone soup the best and said the pot roast was good as well. 

44EE0DC3-17B6-4D9C-A883-B021E6662061.thumb.jpeg.3ba4755e8d4b7cfd5b46447f91dece67.jpeg

I got the Shrimp cocktail, minestrone soup, salad and the chicken entree. Everything was very good. I also had some of the pasta special which is out of this world good. 

21A577A0-7C5D-4B17-BB90-1D4DA29C031A.thumb.jpeg.a1866e9be989c89e18d18f033419f5d0.jpeg

F065627D-873E-491C-A188-4C671B982108.thumb.jpeg.73fcdd56ea01081c1be73a4c129eb683.jpeg

3678A50C-5730-4F0F-8C4B-B188FE00A7E1.thumb.jpeg.7d1024b0c869392439493cf458fcad22.jpeg

160AADFE-C45D-4A91-9B01-AAF10045C386.thumb.jpeg.a39e4c251c91b3d8c86c5e8f97cf6fa7.jpeg

FA28BCCB-52F5-4CBC-B56C-D86CB910ECBD.thumb.jpeg.63176f14ac96b6e345d1cd253d94d51e.jpeg

For dessert the highlight was the tiramisu. The chef had even made DW a version she could eat and she it’s it’s the best dessert she has had. Here’s hoping it was made correctly!  She also got the limoncello sorbet. 

8818D8E8-7841-45A4-9948-448848F2DD3C.thumb.jpeg.8cc2390b408067296deb6e0a6992421a.jpeg

AC1B0F8B-3A5A-45EB-86A5-F8F8976D57A7.thumb.jpeg.b91a3647910324d9dce9c1b59326657e.jpeg

10E8995B-0F27-45C2-8FCD-7330BC0C5C48.thumb.jpeg.be4b7e278c73ade53ed896c938d8a95e.jpeg

57FB46CD-9BE8-4D60-A143-1E3146D72640.jpeg

88900092-9E2F-4FDB-9ED9-239AC65FCF69.jpeg

Edited by Steelers0854

I forgot to mention the show we went to last night was excellent. The singers and dancers were very good and it was a fun “soul” themed but it included a lot of oldie classics I wouldn’t normally put with soul. Very well done. 

tonight we are headed to the comedian. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

It has been available to us on 3 cruises now.

It is a promo they are using as an incentive to try the Medallion drink ordering/delivery.

Who knows when it will go away.

30 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It has been available to us on 3 cruises now.

It is a promo they are using as an incentive to try the Medallion drink ordering/delivery.

Who knows when it will go away.

If it turns out that it is something I really like, then it will go away.  :classic_sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1