Day pass for Riu Jalisco (Puerto Vallarta)

aricczona

I am considering a day pass for this resort (through Resorts for a day). I am curious if anyone here has tried this before and what the experience was like. There are 2 other Riu resorts listed, but this one was priced the best(Others were Riu Vallarta and Riu Pacifico).  As far as the inclusions, it says lunch and "snacks" as well as cocktails and soft drinks. I was wondering where the lunch was, buffet or restaurant? And is it a one time serving or can I re-visit? Also are the drinks only from the pool bar or in the resort as well?  Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by aricczona
added info

I cannot help you with those details, why not check with the hotel itself.

However be aware Riu hotels are NOT in Puerto Vallarta but in Nuevo Vallarta. This is about a 20 minutes or more cab ride from the cruise terminal. There is a local bus leaving from opposite the cruise terminal at the bustop, check with the guy with the clipboard for the right bus. Of course this ride will be much longer then the cab ride.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:06 AM, Ine said:

I cannot help you with those details, why not check with the hotel itself.

However be aware Riu hotels are NOT in Puerto Vallarta but in Nuevo Vallarta. This is about a 20 minutes or more cab ride from the cruise terminal. There is a local bus leaving from opposite the cruise terminal at the bustop, check with the guy with the clipboard for the right bus. Of course this ride will be much longer then the cab ride.

Ine......we are planning on a day pass at Now Amber Resort (part of Secrets).  Do you have any opinion on that hotel or location?  Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, marshalltp said:

Ine......we are planning on a day pass at Now Amber Resort (part of Secrets).  Do you have any opinion on that hotel or location?  Thanks in advance

Both are excellent, situated in the hotelzone of Puerto Vallarta and not that far from the cruise terminal. Just a short cab ride away. You can see this on this map. Cruiseterminal - Marine terminal-  on top of the page, Now Amber more or less at the bottom. https://vallartainfo.com/vallarta-hotel-zone/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ine said:

Both are excellent, situated in the hotelzone of Puerto Vallarta and not that far from the cruise terminal. Just a short cab ride away. You can see this on this map. Cruiseterminal - Marine terminal-  on top of the page, Now Amber more or less at the bottom. https://vallartainfo.com/vallarta-hotel-zone/

Thanks for your help

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marshalltp said:

Thanks for your help

Better check with the hotel before going there if they give out daypasses that day. If the hotel is full or almost full often there will be no daypasses.