Difference between Vibe Beach Club and Spice H2O

scubamommy!

Hello New NCL cruiser here. Breakaway in April. Giving each question its own thread,

Can someone explain to me the difference between Vibe Beach Club and Spice H2O? Are they both an adult only outdoor deck? I understand Vibe you pay extra to use and  I can't figure out the answer if you do for Spice H2O. They both serve the same drinks? Same kind of decks? One of them has water elements but I'm getting confused as to which one. We have a large group so don't plan on getting extra pay options for a sundeck since all can't and we want to stick together. But if anyone has insight to these that want to share to make it easier for me to understand that would be great. TIA. 

Edited by scubamommy!

Spice H2O is adults only during the day, usually at night they have parties there, kids welcome. There is a bar at Spice & usually bar waiters walking around. They have loungers out during the day, a hot tub & the grotto - a waterfall you can walk thru to cool off during the heat. There is smoking allowed (I believe) on the bar side (if you smoke ir want to avoid it). But the biggest difference is a BirdTravels noted - $200

Enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have had usually just used H2O, but on a Southern Caribbean 12 day cruise I purchased Vibe passes and did not regret spending the money.  As others have stated it is limited access adult only sundeck.  
You were always guaranteed a lounge chair with nice thick padded cushion, never had a problem getting an umbrella if needing some shade, exclusive bartender for Vibe so no wait for a drink, in fact our Bartender, Ramos, usually brought me another one even before I ordered on.  

It usually is a quiet space, on our particular cruise, the group of people would bought the passes seemed to really get along when we met and became a very animated group sitting around the covered bar, or in the hot tubs.  It is large enough though that you are able to sit away from that area for true peace and quiet.

But what I think Truly made the experience is the personalized service we received from the bar staff.  I enjoyed being greeted each morning by name, him know what I drink and knowing to bring me a large glasses of ice water with you adult beverage.  We will be sailing in 2 weeks, and it is my understanding that that bartender is onboard, and we are looking forward to seeing him again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I believe Vibe is much quieter, too. Fewer people and no main pool deck noise. 

You don't really hear main pool deck noise in Spice. How loud Spice is depends. When I was on breakaway in Oct they didn't play and music or movies/shows during the day. The screen only had different water/beach scenes and they did have the accompanying sound of those scenes but it was very low. So the noise in spice was just people talking and the wind. 

22 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

You don't really hear main pool deck noise in Spice. How loud Spice is depends. When I was on breakaway in Oct they didn't play and music or movies/shows during the day. The screen only had different water/beach scenes and they did have the accompanying sound of those scenes but it was very low. So the noise in spice was just people talking and the wind. 

That's good to hear and know--thanks!

Both areas have hot tubs. The Spice H2O has a large water feature to cool off in. Vibe has a much smaller place to cool off.  We enjoyed relaxing in Spice H2O on several cruises. There are servers coming around to take your drink orders in Spice, but you should always order a drink the first time they ask or they think you don't want any and may not come back for awhile to ask you again. They figure out pretty fast who the drinkers are and come back to the drinkers regularly. We would rather go to Spice H2O and use the money saved by not purchasing Vibe passes for something else. It is a fun place to spend some time.

• Thanks 2

My DH and I have been on the Breakaway. 

As I recall, Spice H2O has limited shade. The loungers are typical of what you would find on the pool deck. The padded loungers are located in Vibe.

There a smoking section on SpiceH2O located on one side of the bar.  At times, the smoke wafts out into the seating area on the port side.

I noticed that you have taken severalCelebrity cruises,some on M class ships that offer the adult only enclosed  Solariums with the soothing pool. I would be interested to see how you compare the area on Celebrity ships and what is offered on the Breakaway. We have experienced Spice H2O and the Solarium on the Summit. We prefer the Summit area. YMMV

Bon voyage !

• Like 1

I was recently on Getaway. Vibe was a ghost town, I never saw more than 4 people in there at one time. It looked really great and I would probably splurge on that if I ever went back. Spice was crowded and the smoke was too much for me to want to stay there for long. 

• Like 1

MJSailors-I love the solarium on the M class ships. The thelassotherapy pool is great. It's also very peaceful. It also is out of the sun, which is why I asked my original question. I'll see in 2 weeks how well I'll like the Bliss. Our first cruise was on the Dawn and we haven't been back to NCL since as we prefer traditional to freestyle cruising. We like the same waiters and tablemates every night, but a cruise was cancelled and the Bliss cruise had perfect timing and the benefit of no flying so we decided to give NCL another try.

Just my opinion, but Vibe is 100% worth it.  Usually by the end of the week, you’ll have made friends there and the staff will be like family.  I’ve only popped into Spice 2 or 3 times in my last 6 cruises, and never stayed long.  But I understand with a large group if not everyone wants to buy a pass, it would be tough.  They have more relaxing areas and thelassotherapy hot tubs/pool in the spa but that also requires a pass to be purchased.  But I highly recommend that as well.

13 hours ago, MJSailors said:

My DH and I have been on the Breakaway. 

As I recall, Spice H2O has limited shade. The loungers are typical of what you would find on the pool deck. The padded loungers are located in Vibe.

There a smoking section on SpiceH2O located on one side of the bar.  At times, the smoke wafts out into the seating area on the port side.

I noticed that you have taken severalCelebrity cruises,some on M class ships that offer the adult only enclosed  Solariums with the soothing pool. I would be interested to see how you compare the area on Celebrity ships and what is offered on the Breakaway. We have experienced Spice H2O and the Solarium on the Summit. We prefer the Summit area. YMMV

Bon voyage !

Our favorite cruise line is Celebrity, but the only ship they had at this time when we booked was their new ship the Edge and they wanted $1,000.00 more PER PERSON than this NCL cruise, so we decided to try a new line. From what I am reading the entertainment looks better, the food will be comparable and the service might not be as good. So if we go in with those expectations hopefully we will only be pleasently surprised. Either way I know we will have a great vacation, because it is what you make of it. I'm excited to try a new line!

I can understand why you didn’t book the Edge for such a high fare price. From the photos that I have seen of the ship, it doesn’t appear to be as comfortable as other,more traditional Celebrity ships. I doubt that we would book a cruise on that ship either.

However, we would like to see the changes to the Summit after the refit done last Spring.

Enjoy the cruise on the Breakaway. I would suggest getting passes for the Vibe area as it can be a quieter area than the pool decks. 

When we were on the ship,we enjoyed lunch at Taste or Savor on sea days. The Waterfront is an interesting outside area on the ship,especially in the evenings. 

If you wish to try a new line, you may want to consider Princess in addition to NCL.

Enjoy your vacation !

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 12:36 PM, scubamommy! said:

Our favorite cruise line is Celebrity, but the only ship they had at this time when we booked was their new ship the Edge and they wanted $1,000.00 more PER PERSON than this NCL cruise, so we decided to try a new line. From what I am reading the entertainment looks better, the food will be comparable and the service might not be as good. So if we go in with those expectations hopefully we will only be pleasently surprised. Either way I know we will have a great vacation, because it is what you make of it. I'm excited to try a new line!

Great attitude, but I suspect the food will not be comparable--so be prepared to be slightly disappointed in that area.