Toddler Death Law Suit Update

50 minutes ago, KelSny1011 said:

I follow a couple of news feeds on FB.  It was shocking to read.  I refrained from even commenting.  I was also on the FOX news article comment section too, and it seems like many are on RCI's side at least there.  

I want RCI to fight this and win, I truly do.  However, I know that sometimes these type of cases become nuisance settlements and they will settle outside of court.

Winkeman files suits like this aiming for a settlement.  In this case Royal has chosen to stand their ground so his method may be backfiring.  I also have followed this on several sites and very few people think Royal is at fault.  I suspect those that do have never cruised.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Winkeman files suits like this aiming for a settlement.  In this case Royal has chosen to stand their ground so his method may be backfiring.  I also have followed this on several sites and very few people think Royal is at fault.  I suspect those that do have never cruised.

+1

20 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

It goes further than that depending on the type of forum you're looking at. True crime followers, for example, are about 50/50 convinced he did it on purpose. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

+1 as well.

Besides whatever sentence for GMPA, he, the family and the lawyers should reimburse RCCL for legal fees and the Courts for all their expenses.

These phony suits have to come to an end. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

It goes further than that depending on the type of forum you're looking at. True crime followers, for example, are about 50/50 convinced he did it on purpose. 

I understand that some believe that he dropped her intentionally (I do not) but before getting to that point, we have to convince some people that he (Anello) is at fault and not RCCL.

There are still people who believe that Chloe walked out of an open window that was in a children's play area.🙄

Watching CBS, Gayle King doesn't understand why Anello was charged. Huh? Gayle isn't the sharpest and being Oprah's friend can do wonders for a career but in what universe is picking up a child over a safety railing, extending the child past the safety railing, holding the child past the safety railing for over 30 seconds, and dropping the child out of a window to her death NOT a crime?

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I understand that some believe that he dropped her intentionally (I do not) but before getting to that point, we have to convince some people that he (Anello) is at fault and not RCCL.

There are still people who believe that Chloe walked out of an open window that was in a children's play area.🙄

Watching CBS, Gayle King doesn't understand why Anello was charged. Huh? Gayle isn't the sharpest and being Oprah's friend can do wonders for a career but in what universe is picking up a child over a safety railing, extending the child past the safety railing, holding the child past the safety railing for over 30 seconds, and dropping the child out of a window to her death NOT a crime?

I assume those folks are never going to get past a level of cognition that is roughly "cute kid dead, must blame big company!". Not sure of the solution if the actual videos didn't convince them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

He sees SOMETHING (plane, bird, dock activity, cloud, whatever) and thinks "Chloe would like to see this".  So he picks her up so she's at his eye level.  He points at the whatever, "look Chloe!"  He continues to hold her there.  She gets bored or excited and starts to squirm.  She slips out of his grasp, her momentum carries her forward through the window.  He tries to grab her, perhaps narrowly missing, and either doesn't succeed or can't hold the grip and she falls.  

Only speculation but I think you might be onto something.  There is the small airport right beside the cruise ship port, where they would have boarded.  I have seen small planes and choppers land there over the years.

540541468_ScreenShot2020-02-26at1_53_50PM.thumb.png.f255d0a1fbbb3829b77e61e3b3887ab0.png

• Like 1

@A&L_Ont & @S.A.M.J.R. In a much earlier post I said I think there was something he wanted her to see. She was at the bottom window. He was leaning out the top. I think a bird, plane, dog, etc. was there. He bends down and says "Chloe you wanna see the ______?" Picks her up and over the rail to see and after 30 seconds....

@grapau27 It was pointed out to me that if you watch closely, Chloe also stops at the column. I had to put it in slo-mo.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Only speculation but I think you might be onto something.  There is the small airport right beside the cruise ship port, where they would have boarded.  I have seen small planes and choppers land there over the years.

540541468_ScreenShot2020-02-26at1_53_50PM.thumb.png.f255d0a1fbbb3829b77e61e3b3887ab0.png

Is the cruise pier across the inlet?  If so, then they were on the wrong side of the ship to see a plane land. 

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Back in July, within a day or 2 of the incident, someone reported that it was a small plane.

In theory, flight records could show if the times mesh with the act. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I thought it strange why he squated down against the post while Chloe walked away.

Maybe he was in deep thought or playing hide and seek but then he suddenly stood up went straight to the open window,leaned out then picked Chloe up and out of the window.

Only Anello knows why.

Chloe walks over to the post and stops.  He went over and squatted down to be on her level.  She toddles away and he takes a second or two to get up.  Sorry, that just doesn't seem unusual to me.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JennyB1977 said:

@A&L_Ont & @S.A.M.J.R. In a much earlier post I said I think there was something he wanted her to see. She was at the bottom window. He was leaning out the top. I think a bird, plane, dog, etc. was there. He bends down and says "Chloe you wanna see the ______?" Picks her up and over the rail to see and after 30 seconds....

You did and possibly what sadly happened.

I don't see any reference of Anello saying this though.He only said that he is colour blind and the window was closed

Just now, grapau27 said:

You did and possibly what sadly happened.

I don't see any reference of Anello saying this though.He only said that he is colour blind and the window was closed

He hasn't.  If he did, that sabotages his criminal case (remember he was insistent that he was innocent) AND the family's case.   

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Is the cruise pier across the inlet?  If so, then they were on the wrong side of the ship to see a plane land. 

They dock where the arrow is pointed. They can dock facing either direction.

77253445-BC7E-4A92-9C17-28A7E4806596.thumb.jpeg.7874c2c4d87756388c346eebbfcdafea.jpeg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

That’s the terminal that Freedom docks at. The buildings between the runway and the water

7CAD4BDB-EF78-47F1-87B7-F79E56E682A4.png

Edited by ATC cruiser
  • Like 1

I watched the video again and it's roughly 34 seconds where he has her outside the railing.  I also believe there was something he wanted to show her.  I also watched the other cruisers who were around during the incident and I do see two larger males get up from the seats very near where GF and Chloe were.  I wonder if they knew what he was doing.  I know that if I saw that it would make me feel very uncomfortable,  however I do not know if I would say something.  

16 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I've had speeding tickets with more harsh penalties.

No one was killed.

No one was hurt.

No property was damaged.

I may have killed a few bugs on my helmet or windshield. Anello killed a human child.

No words. I'm livid with this injustice for Chloe. And......the parents are going ahead with suing Royal Caribbean. So wrong on every level.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

No words. I'm livid with this injustice for Chloe. And......the parents are going ahead with suing Royal Caribbean. So wrong on every level.

I wouldn't expect any movement on the lawsuit until Anello appears in court to formally change his plea.   Even then Winkleman may not drop it since the burden of proof is lower.  I think the term is "preponderance of the evidence" as opposed to "beyond a reasonable doubt".  Of course, the judge could rule the suit as being without merit and throw it out.  

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope RCI stand their ground.

IMO paying a settlement indicates acceptance of guilt and RCI are blameless and if anyone should be sued it should be Anello.

With how the stock has taken a pummel from covid 19, I hope so too. i think that negatives outweigh the positives. 

From an AP story:

Chloe Wiegand’s parents sued Royal Caribbean in December, accusing the operator of negligence in her death by allowing the 11th-floor window in the ship’s children's play area to be open.

Winkleman said Anello’s proposed guilty plea in Chloe’s death would have “little or no effect at all on the civil lawsuit,” noting that Anello is not a party to that case

“He’s not a party to that case and therefore it is not relevant,” Winkleman said.