Toddler Death Law Suit Update

28 minutes ago, Newleno said:

everyone knows the window was open, everyone knows the child was held over the railing  and was either placed over the ledge of the window or on the ledge of the window.  If the child was just placed on the railing it would be impossible for the child to fall out of the window on to the concrete below, if the child was just placed on the railing in that case the child would have landed on the deck.  Grandpa had the child way over the railing in order for the tragedy to occur.  If the child wanted to bang on the glass then the best place  to do that would have been on the ground.

Regarding the bolded, I don't think that's true.  If a toddler is standing on the railing, and leans (and falls) forward, I think there's a good chance they could end up out the window.  That space (between railing and window) is only 12".  The average height of a 18 month old girl is 30"+

• Like 2

Even if there had been glass there, was he planning on just letting her stand on the railing without holding her?  Glass or no glass, he still should have had a good grip on her since he was holding her above the railing.  But he knows and the attorney knows that the window was open.  It's all just smoke and mirrors to get a settlement.  Very dishonest.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Any clear glass window in the world be be difficult to decipher if it’s opened or closed at that distance. If this is the best prosecution can do, maybe it will get dismissed. 🤔🙄

There is no "prosecution" in this case.  It's a civil suit.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

Sounds like the other lawyer is just throwing anything he can into the mix hoping for a hit.

That’s how it goes, throw the mud everywhere and whoever it sticks to most pays the cost. In this case it’s RC, and the SGF is the peverbial Teflon Don. 

4 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

didnt he plea guilty to  negligent homicide?

That's a different case. You are confusing the criminal case with the civil suit. The comment I was responding to was regarding the civil suit. There is no prosecution in a civil suit.

Edited by time4u2go

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

That's a different case. You are confusing the criminal case with the civil case.

right, i thought he was saying there was no criminal case,  

looking at the video ,he was for sure dangling her out of the open window. very stupid and the family is in denial. 

• Like 2

I’m on Freedom right now and the window the poor child fell from appears to be completely gone. El Loco Fresh is in that corner and there are less windows than before. I’m sure that was planned BEFORE the incident. I also saw a man open one of the windows on that side and I’m pretty sure I heard him say to his friends, “How can you not tell it’s open?!”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I’m on Freedom right now and the window the poor child fell from appears to be completely gone. El Loco Fresh is in that corner and there are less windows than before. I’m sure that was planned BEFORE the incident. I also saw a man open one of the windows on that side and I’m pretty sure I heard him say to his friends, “How can you not tell it’s open?!”

They took out Squeeze?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 9:35 PM, seaman11 said:

right, i thought he was saying there was no criminal case,  

looking at the video ,he was for sure dangling her out of the open window. very stupid and the family is in denial. 

Just trying to suck blood out of a rock. There is no case one way or the other. 

• Like 1

Docket last updated: 03/25/2020 11:59 PM EDT 

Wednesday, March 25, 2020
46   image.png.55b26ec4ba493ea70c08602f914dfb28.png order - Order (PAPERLESS or pdf attached) Wed 03/25 10:30 AM 
ORDER directing Plaintiffs to file a response to45 Defendant's Partially Unopposed MOTION for Enlargement of Pre-Trial Deadlines and Continuance. Signed by Senior Judge Donald L. Graham on 3/25/20. See attached document for full details. (gfw)
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
45   image.png.5e59f0fc2360073cb802767d93a958a7.png motion Continue Tue 03/24 9:40 PM 
MOTION to Continue pretrial deadlines and trial re37 Scheduling Order,, by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.. Responses due by 4/7/2020(Chardon, Carlos)
    Att: 1 image.png.6a6855850dacab3da79d0ef8acf4e57c.png Text of Proposed Order
Monday, March 23, 2020
44   image.png.8e9cf4a277912bde72a71347f2b9e8bf.png notice Notice (Other) Mon 03/23 1:54 PM 
NOTICE of Compliance by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. re43 Order in Compliance with Court Order (Louis, Marshall)Text Modified on 3/23/2020 (cqs)
Friday, March 20, 2020
43   image.png.ff6e29f0721d70ea58151d995488670d.png order - Order (PAPERLESS or pdf attached) Fri 03/20 5:04 PM 
ORDER granting conditionally42 Notice of Appearance. Signed by Senior Judge Donald L. Graham on 3/20/2020. See attached document for full details. (kpe)
42   image.png.37640919043204103c560357064bef7e.png notice Notice of Attorney Appearance Fri 03/20 2:02 PM 
NOTICE of Attorney Appearance by Marshall Dore Louis on behalf of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.. Attorney Marshall Dore Louis added to party Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.(pty:dft). (Louis, Marshall)
Monday, March 16, 2020
41   image.png.6629de3d19c7f49b26258da955639d91.png 8 pgs order Order on Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Claim Mon 03/16 1:42 PM 
ORDER denying30 Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Claim. Signed by Senior Judge Donald L. Graham on 3/16/2020. See attached document for full details. (jbs)

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/31355031/Wiegand_et_al_v_Royal_Caribbean_Cruises_Ltd

I cruised march 8-15 in a balcony.  I told my husband that Royal Caribbean must clean their windows a heck of a lot better than NCL cause i can tell the difference on the balcony and everywhere else we went. 

We were talking to another couple on the waterfront.  They had this  glass  area and open area.  We all talked about just how stupid grandpa had to be.  You could feel the breeze (with ship sitting still in hot Roatán) coming  thru the open areas. You could be colored blind and still see a color difference between the open area and the glass. Who makes stripped window’s.

it wouldn’t do to have me on his jury cause i call stupid.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

I cruised march 8-15 in a balcony.  I told my husband that Royal Caribbean must clean their windows a heck of a lot better than NCL cause i can tell the difference on the balcony and everywhere else we went. 

We were talking to another couple on the waterfront.  They had this  glass  area and open area.  We all talked about just how stupid grandpa had to be.  You could feel the breeze (with ship sitting still in hot Roatán) coming  thru the open areas. You could be colored blind and still see a color difference between the open area and the glass. Who makes stripped window’s.

it wouldn’t do to have me on his jury cause i call stupid.

not only that on video he stuck his head out of the window then dangled the baby out it.   he is either a schmuck or did it on purpose.  what person grandfather age doesnt know the dangerous of such actions, if im a juror the family gets nothing and must be made to watch the video as to see clearly who was at fault. (as i understand it the family refused to watch it)

• Like 1

What is happening with Anello's trail?

I know he has decided to change his plea to guilty and his trail was due to start in April but what is the latest please.

Is Puerto Rico holding trails and plea hearing at the moment? 

• 1 month later...

looks like a mediation in November

image.png.8cf606e7f3bbc52936b18ec53b837ffc.png adr Notice of Mediator Selection and/or Hearing Tue 04/14 9:15 AM
NOTICE of Mediator Selection and Hearing. Selected/Added Manuel R Morales, Jr as Mediator. Mediation Hearing set for 11/19/2020 @ 10 am. (Morales, Manuel)

9 hours ago, csnarpy said:

looks like a mediation in November

image.png.8cf606e7f3bbc52936b18ec53b837ffc.png adr Notice of Mediator Selection and/or Hearing Tue 04/14 9:15 AM
NOTICE of Mediator Selection and Hearing. Selected/Added Manuel R Morales, Jr as Mediator. Mediation Hearing set for 11/19/2020 @ 10 am. (Morales, Manuel)

was that for the lawsuit or the criminal charges?

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

was that for the lawsuit or the criminal charges?

Likely for civil matter.  Your passenger contract requires mediation/arbitration prior to any trial.  

The. Criminal matter is totally separate and is in Puerto Rico.  If he's pleading then no trial just appearance before court and putting plea on the record and agreement on sentence.  I can't recall what the plea agreement is but I'm sure someone will find it!