Curtis Stone Restaurant?

Justalone

13 minutes ago, Justalone said:

I am new to cruising.  

I read that there is a Curtis Stone (celebrity chef) restaurant called Share on Princess ships.

How is the food?   High end quality?

And are your required to share a table with others?

Thank you.

It’s only available on certain ships. The food isn’t too bad at all. A little eclectic at times.... Not your typical meat and 2 veg. The quality is good and no, no need to share tables. 🙂 

Share is our favorite specialty restaurant on Princess.  Yes, the portions are relatively small and the choices are limited but the food is excellent and lots of courses so you will be full.  We go whenever we can.  My husband and I order different things on each course and share.  We still talk about this one pork dish we had one night.  Be sure to order the chocolate mousse dessert.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

You get your own table. The food is more foo foo pretty, small portions and hyped as gourmet. I personally didn't care for the food and left and went to the buffet afterwards. Look at the menu and decide for yourself. 

I agree 100%. We did not care for any of our courses. We did read the menu ahead of time and the selections were not at all as expected. i don’t mean to be negative because I am a happy Princess cruiser. I just did not care for the choices in this restaurant. 

Edited by turquoisesea

We really enjoy going to SHARE. If you are on Emerald or Ruby you can go to SHARE.  We've taken cruises on the Ruby just to go to SHARE.  LOVE it. I know some people don't like it.  We have enjoyed every meal there. You can look at the menu, or any specialty restaurant before you cruise or eat there.  So, check it out.  We loved it

We went to Share on Ruby recently. Some of the dishes were fantastic but the pork cutlet was the worst pork dish I have ever had. It was fatty and tasteless. I cook that cut of pork regularly so know what it should taste like. It appeared to have been cooked at too low a temperature so the fat hadn't rendered and flavoured the meat. It literally left a bad taste on my mouth. Luckily there was a great dessert to follow.

BTW the menu on Sun is quite different and nowhere near as good.

9 hours ago, Justalone said:

I am new to cruising.  

I read that there is a Curtis Stone (celebrity chef) restaurant called Share on Princess ships.

Thank you.

SHARE is only on the Emerald, Ruby and Sun ships. We tried it on the Emerald. Just OK, not bad, not great. We don't plan to return. You get your own table. We prefer the Crown Grill or Sabatini's Trattoria which serves dishes more to our liking. There have been Curtis Stone mains that show up on the menu in the MDR's. 

11 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

You get your own table. The food is more foo foo pretty, small portions and hyped as gourmet. I personally didn't care for the food and left and went to the buffet afterwards. Look at the menu and decide for yourself. 

We went to a display on the Emerald as they were rolling Share out the first time. The amount of food presented looked like appetizers to my husband.

We never tried it and didn't care for the dishes in the DR either.

I guess our tastes are more basic. 

DW's former boss used to gift her dinners at a very famous exclusive restaurant in NY.  Like what I am hearing here, the portions were incredibly small and served on a very large platter with sauces drizzled onto the plate in an artsy pattern.  Every time we ate there, on the way home we would stop at Mickey D's drive through because we were still hungry even after a $300+ dinner.  Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll pass on dinner at Share.

• Like 1

Share is our favorite specialty Restaurant across all the lines we sail, with Solarium Bistro on Oasis class ships a close second. 

The food, every time we've eaten there, has been fantastic. Maybe a little out there for some, but for us - it's amazing. The dock confirm is flipping amazing. The pork ravioli in coconut cream is out of this world.   I truly wish Princess had expanded it to more ships.

55 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Share is our favorite specialty Restaurant across all the lines we sail, with Solarium Bistro on Oasis class ships a close second. 

The food, every time we've eaten there, has been fantastic. Maybe a little out there for some, but for us - it's amazing. The dock confirm is flipping amazing. The pork ravioli in coconut cream is out of this world.   I truly wish Princess had expanded it to more ships.

What is dock confirm, never heard of it?  Possibly meant duck confit???  Closest I can come to it.

Edited by stoneharborlady
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Justalone said:

I am new to cruising.  

Thank you.

I ate at Curtis Stone on recent cruise on the Emerald Princess. It was my 2nd time & this time I invited 2 of my table mates & they both enjoyed it. Many courses, 6, but the portions are just right so you don’t feel stuffed. 

Here’s some photos of some of the food. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3cb03fcf9083da716a4bd42f8027504e.jpeg

8DC89AD8-9D31-4273-A6E6-FA0BBEC36A95.jpeg

5AE5DBF5-412A-4941-95DD-E607F5157033.jpeg

A1C636FA-FFD9-4F2E-8B79-FC2334DC47DF.jpeg

5538678A-3D18-4B11-8BE7-72018D6A80E2.jpeg

Would I go there again. Yes..Both times I went everything was excellent & the portions just right. 

You do not share a table with anyone. We had a window table & the service was first class. 

Any questions please ask. 

Tom😀

3 hours ago, trbarton said:

I ate at Curtis Stone on recent cruise on the Emerald Princess. It was my 2nd time & this time I invited 2 of my table mates & they both enjoyed it. Many courses, 6, but the portions are just right so you don’t feel stuffed. 

Here’s some photos of some of the food. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3cb03fcf9083da716a4bd42f8027504e.jpeg

8DC89AD8-9D31-4273-A6E6-FA0BBEC36A95.jpeg

5AE5DBF5-412A-4941-95DD-E607F5157033.jpeg

A1C636FA-FFD9-4F2E-8B79-FC2334DC47DF.jpeg

5538678A-3D18-4B11-8BE7-72018D6A80E2.jpeg

Would I go there again. Yes..Both times I went everything was excellent & the portions just right. 

You do not share a table with anyone. We had a window table & the service was first class. 

Any questions please ask. 

Tom😀

That's OK for appetizers but what was the main course?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i was at Share on the Ruby and found it awesome. The food was forward thinking and delicious, the decor of the space was very nice in a Brooklyn/hipster sort of way, and the service was great. I look forward to future visits. 

We have had some Curtis Stone meals in the MDR. I wouldn't call them bad, but I would not say that I would choose them over the Crown Grill or even the MDR dishes.

We looked at the menu when we were on the Ruby but passed. 

The reviews seem split on this thread. Maybe we will give it a try when we are the Ruby again.

We had a specialty restaurant reservation gifted by our TA on our Alaska 2018 cruise on the Ruby Princess for our family group of 6 adults and 1 toddler (luckily a very well behaved and adventuresome eater).  We all loved it with the exception of the uncomfortable chairs noted in another post.  We're going on another family cruise this summer on the Caribbean Princess and the first thing everyone asked was "can we go to Share?"  They were disappointed to hear that there is no Share on the Caribbean Princess but we are looking forward to Sabatinis instead.

8 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That's OK for appetizers but what was the main course?

image.jpeg.189148fefed771b42d675feb302d453d.jpeg

This was the main course. I’m aware that other people will call all of these appetizers but I don’t agree. 

It’s like they say “Different Strokes for Different Folks”. 

Like any restaurant some will like it & others will not as you will see in these posts. 

Myself & my table mates were satisfied & we didn’t leave hungry. 

Tom😎

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

Even taking into account the fact that I couldn't eat the pork main course as it was too fatty and rather tasteless, I didn't leave feeling like I needed anything else. In fact some of the courses were a bit too big given the richness of those items.