Thoughts on our embarkation and disembark time Symphony

cdoobiest

Hi everyone looking forward to our upcoming cruise Feb 15.  I just booked our transportation and the company we are using gave their suggestions for times but I don't agree.  The car service was stating that the RCCL new terminal is very busy and much more congested than the other terminals and from past pickup and drop off?!

We are staying Hyatt House in FLL Dania Beach and arriving the night before the cruise.  I arranged a van to pick us all up the day of the cruise Sat Feb 15.  The car service recommended 11am to avoid the crowds of people coming off of Symphony but I was thinking 10 am pickup to allow for 30 min drive to port and I figure by the time we get our luggage to the porters, go through security and get checked in, it should be time to board the ship.  I think we will all get antsy hanging at the hotel until 11am!

Coming back on Sat Feb 22, we have a flight at 11:45 am from Miami airport back to Boston.  The car service recommended pickup at 8:30 to avoid the mass rush of people leaving the boat.  I was thinking if we have breakfast in main dining room at 7:30 when it opens, leave the ship by 8:30 with pickup at 9am, we should have more than enough time to get to Miami airport by 9:30-10 am.  I think I rather enjoy our last moments on the ship and have one nice last breakfast rather than hang out early at the airport.  

Do you think I should go with my plan of pickup at 10am FLL hotel and disembark 9am or follow the car service recommendation of 11am pickup FLL and disembark 8:30 am.   I wonder if the car service is recommending these times so they can maximize rides from other potential customers!  Thanks for the advice in advance!

We walked on and off the Symphony last year. They move people along and you hardly have time to stop to tie your shoe or use the bathroom. We had a 10:00 flight and had hours to wait in the airport. 

However, don't plan on lingering on the last morning. They want you off the ship. Breakfast is a buffet and you are booted off asap. If you plan to walk your bags off you might be OK. But if you are leaving your bags the night before... I wouldn't do it.