Ocean Cay YC Questions

EMc&DrS

I know the YC area on OC has its own bar.  Is there a restaurant as well?  If you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a cabana, are there at least complimentary chairs to use in that area?  Is the beach nice?  Any other insights or pics would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, EMc&DrS said:

I know the YC area on OC has its own bar.  Is there a restaurant as well?  If you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a cabana, are there at least complimentary chairs to use in that area?  Is the beach nice?  Any other insights or pics would be appreciated!

Yes, Ocean House Restaurant is the YC only Restaurant, with it's own menu, different from elsewhere, complimentary. Limited hours, only 12-2 when we were there. 

Chairs, towels and Umbrellas all complimentary in YC area. 

Loads if photos of the YC area, menus, etc in existing OC posts. 

Edited by reedprincess

28 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Yes, Ocean House Restaurant is the YC only Restaurant, with it's own menu, different from elsewhere, complimentary. Limited hours, only 12-2 when we were there. 

Exactly what we experienced last week.  Do be prepared to wait for a table if not in line when the restaurant opens.  They will also ask couples to share tables for four and you'll receive attitude if you say no (at least that was our experience).  In my opinion there are not sufficient tables to serve a full YC in two hours, especially when some passengers just want to sit in the shade and nurse their drinks/food.  We enjoyed the food (IIRC we had ceviche and octopus salad to start; fish taco or sandwich and carne asada for entrees; and creme caramel that was really flan for dessert) but some people might have an issue with the size of the plates (more tapas sized than regular sized).

Edited by capriccio

6 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Exactly what we experienced last week.  Do be prepared to wait for a table if not in line when the restaurant opens.  They will also ask couples to share tables for four and you'll receive attitude if you say no (at least that was our experience).  In my opinion there are not sufficient tables to serve a full YC in two hours, especially when some passengers just want to sit in the shade and nurse their drinks/food.  We enjoyed the food (IIRC we had ceviche and octopus salad to start; fish taco or sandwich and carne asada for entrees; and creme caramel that was really flan for dessert) but some people might have an issue with the size of the plates (more tapas sized than regular sized).

Sounds delicious--thanks.  (Sharing tables with other guests--like the old days of cruising!)

34 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Thanks for the info.  I haven't yet seen any pics of the YC beach, but I'll keep looking.

1 hour ago, EMc&DrS said:

Sounds delicious--thanks.  (Sharing tables with other guests--like the old days of cruising!)

Thanks for the info.  I haven't yet seen any pics of the YC beach, but I'll keep looking.

Check out this name on FB and she has just returned from a visit to the island.  She has great pictures on her posts. 

Lisa Moore.  Hope you can find it and see what the island looks like.  Also there may be videos posted to YouTube.  We asked to let a couple waiting for seats in the Beach House to eat to join us.  We don't have a problem with that.  It's too bad that some want to just hang out with drinks and not make room during the serving hours. 

Check out this post here on CC.

Edited by Cruisergal1208
add info

36 minutes ago, George C said:

We were there second day it was open , food was great I had lobster roll which I loved, service on beach was amazing waiters came by every few minutes asking if we wanted a drink . Only issue was there was just one bathroom .

Last Saturday there was a 3 stall portable potty building (1 stall designated men, 1 designated women, 1 designated unisex) set up across the path from the beach in addition to the single bathroom in the restaurant.  Each enclosure had a sink, the toilets flushed by a foot operated pedal, and it was (as far as portable potties go) a nice setup. 

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 10:00 AM, reedprincess said:

Are umbrellas included at the yacht club beach on OC? I reserved one for my cruise next month but will cancel if they are included. 

Edited by jimmyjackson

38 minutes ago, jimmyjackson said:

Are umbrellas included at the yacht club beach on OC? I reserved one for my cruise next month but will cancel if they are included. 

Yes, they are included.  Find where you want to sit in loungers and they will bring you an umbrella.  One worked great for us in 2 loungers. Go ahead and cancel your rented one.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jimmyjackson said:

Yes, they're included/complimentary, which is why I listed them as such. 

Cancel and get your money back!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjackson said:

Thank you. I thought I’d seen a few posts in other threads saying umbrellas weren’t included at the Yacht Club beach so wanted to make sure. I’ll go ahead and cancel. 

They weren't when I visited the second sailing glad they are now!