Galápagos Flora Cruise Dec. 2019

airtana

This is a 3 minute slideshow showing some of the highlights of our recent Celebrity Flora Cruise and optional land tours to Quito, Lima, the Sacred Valley, Cuzco, and Machu Picchu.  To say it was the trip of a lifetime is an understatement.  We highly recommend this adventure to any and all travelers who want to experience something they cannot duplicate anywhere else on this planet.  Celebrity did an over the top, exceptional job in every aspect.  We felt thoroughly coddled throughout our journey and totally wrapped in their big embrace.  Accommodations, cuisine, tours all FIRST CLASS.   Simply amazing!!

• Like 3

On 1/18/2020 at 2:38 PM, airtana said:

This is a 3 minute slideshow showing some of the highlights of our recent Celebrity Flora Cruise and optional land tours to Quito, Lima, the Sacred Valley, Cuzco, and Machu Picchu.  To say it was the trip of a lifetime is an understatement.  We highly recommend this adventure to any and all travelers who want to experience something they cannot duplicate anywhere else on this planet.  Celebrity did an over the top, exceptional job in every aspect.  We felt thoroughly coddled throughout our journey and totally wrapped in their big embrace.  Accommodations, cuisine, tours all FIRST CLASS.   Simply amazing!!

IMG_0316.MOV

Thanks so much for posting - this is my husband's dream trip! We're hoping to do the same itinerary in 2024. 

• 2 years later...

Hi Airtana,  We are scheduled to do Flora on March 13, so just a couple of weeks from now.  We are on the  Outer loop and are scheduled to do the Machu Picchu portion post cruise.  Were you on the inner or outer loop?  I didn't see where you mentioned  that.  We are trying to decide whether to drop the Machu Picchu portion. I've been trying to hear from someone who has recently done that part.  I know it has started going again  just recently.  We have read in the health area on Celebrity that in Peru you are required to wear double masks and face shield and not sure if it's worth all that.  If someone who has recently gone could tell us if that is the case since some of these procedures have been written since the start of the pandemic it would be very helpful.  It looks like you eat on the train so would be hard to keep your masks etc on.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  My husband is ready to drop the Machu Picchu portion because of it and I know we'll probably never get back.  Thanks so much for all your information and your video.  It makes even more excited to go.  We also are in Atlanta area.  I see you are in Marrietta.  Thanks again!   Dee Dee

3 hours ago, Abbeydd said:

Hi Airtana,  We are scheduled to do Flora on March 13, so just a couple of weeks from now.  We are on the  Outer loop and are scheduled to do the Machu Picchu portion post cruise.  Were you on the inner or outer loop?  I didn't see where you mentioned  that.  We are trying to decide whether to drop the Machu Picchu portion. I've been trying to hear from someone who has recently done that part.  I know it has started going again  just recently.  We have read in the health area on Celebrity that in Peru you are required to wear double masks and face shield and not sure if it's worth all that.  If someone who has recently gone could tell us if that is the case since some of these procedures have been written since the start of the pandemic it would be very helpful.  It looks like you eat on the train so would be hard to keep your masks etc on.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  My husband is ready to drop the Machu Picchu portion because of it and I know we'll probably never get back.  Thanks so much for all your information and your video.  It makes even more excited to go.  We also are in Atlanta area.  I see you are in Marrietta.  Thanks again!   Dee Dee

We are booked on Xpedition 30 April cruise of the Galapagos and excited.   We did Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley and Cusco in 2019 prior to our X cruise from Chile to San Diego.    We found a wonderful private tour with PeruAgency.com for 1/4 the cost of the X excursion.  Cost was $799 pp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 9:34 AM, Abbeydd said:

I wonder if Peru still requires double masks, check out this link, apparently that was the rule in April 2021.

https://www.voanews.com/a/covid-19-pandemic_peru-begins-requiring-double-masks/6205104.html

Also, as much as I hate wearing masks, MP is worth having to wear double masks.  Only thing, because of the altitude and climbing all those hills, you need all the oxygen you can get.

Yes I wonder too if any requirements have changed but double masks and face shields are on the Celebrity website.  We can’t seem to get many answers from Celebrity people. We’re taking the train I believe so not sure how much climbing is required but I’m sure there will be some.   Did you do Machu Picchu on your own?  Also did you take altitude meds for the elevation? Thanks for your input.   Dee Dee