Aruba questions for family with teens

tbiesinger

We will be in Aruba from 8 AM to 10 PM on April 7. We would like to do the UTV tour with rockabeach tours. I am wondering if you would recommend the morning or afternoon tour and why.  

Also, since we will be in port so long, and since the first tour costs a lot of money, what other fun things are there to do for families that are inexpensive or free besides going to the beach for the day?  My kids are ages 17, 15, 12, and 10. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

We rented a 6 passenger UTV from Justin's for I think $370 for 8 hours (although we got there a little late so it was actually just 10am-5pm). Our kids are 17, 14, 11, and 9! I just posted on another thread what we did with the UTV. By the time we were done, everyone was pretty wiped so we went back on the ship and ate (we skipped lunch) and showered, then went back off the ship to do some shopping right at the port.

I don't really know anything else to do besides the beach. Maybe the bird sanctuary? If you keep the tour, I'd probably pair it with the beach personally. I was worried about afternoon being hot, but I didn't notice it. Afternoon is probably a little more crowded at the natural pool, but I'd probably still do an afternoon tour because it's a long day in port. Personal preference though.