Finding Insurance for someone with Cancer

rjm376

My husband has had cancer since 2000.  He has monthly shots, and various treatments when the tumors increase.  His quality of life is very good.  I inquired about travel insurance and was told that he would not be able to get insurance to cover his cancer since it is ongoing.  It is not considered pre-existing condition, since he is receiving treatments.  Has anyone with cancer been able to find a policy that would cover cancer?  

I suggest you call one of the brokers frequently mentioned on this forum, such as Steve at tripinsurancestore.com.  

I (no expert) would think that your husband's condition is the very definition of a pre-existing condition, as long as he is able to travel the day you purchase the insurance,

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

I agree with LDVinNC.

You have a special need with special circumstances.

Check out either https://tripinsurancestore.com/ and then CALL them or check out https://www.insuremytrip.com/

I've always used trip insurance store but have heard good things about the other.

From Steves website

Q. What is a Pre-Existing Medical Condition?

A. Any injury, illness, sickness or medical condition of an Insured or Family Member which either manifests itself or exists during the 60, 90, 180 or 365 days immediately preceding the day you buy Travel Insurance, unless the condition is controlled through the taking of prescription drugs or medication and remains controlled throughout the 60, 90, 180 or 365 day period. A pre-existing condition has manifested itself when medical care, treatment or diagnosis has been given. Any adjustment of a prescription causes that condition to be defined as a Pre-Existing Medical Condition, too.

Edited by klfrodo