Evening dress code after 6pm in public areas?

NC4CRUISE

20 minutes ago, NC4CRUISE said:

My wife and I are planning a cruise this August. We are looking at the MSC Seaside. But recently I saw that MSC has a dress code that states, no shorts or t-shirts in public areas after 6pm. How strict are they on this rule? 

That rule went out a long time ago. Men are not supposed to wear shorts in the dining room after 6 p.m. but I never saw it enforced. Sailed on the Seaside in October and most recently on the Mera last month.

In public areas they're not so strict but we've seen people refused entry to the dining room wearing shorts. 

They do appear to be less strict on Caribbean sailings as the American lines are more casual and there were complaints from the US guests who were used to that dress code. 

European sailings certainly adhere more to the dress code. 

12 hours ago, NC4CRUISE said:

My wife and I are planning a cruise this August. We are looking at the MSC Seaside. But recently I saw that MSC has a dress code that states, no shorts or t-shirts in public areas after 6pm. How strict are they on this rule? 

Not at all strict. We often change into shorts and t-shirts after dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all, good to know.  I wondered as I live in Florida and Caribbean sailings do not really enforce dress codes other than Formal night which is nice because you just go onboard with a roller bag and relax for your vacay.  Relaxed, Island style.  First time on MSC and wondered about the dining and had planned on dressing, glad to know the extra togs won't be wasted.

When we go Med we always dress because of the areas/sites you go to, a lot of churches, museums, etc.