Haven on the Getaway - Sleeping arrangements for 3rd and 4th guest H2, H3, H6

vinotinto

Hi, sorry if this has been discussed before. I searched and didn’t quite get an answer on this. I’m trying to decide if I even want to put an upgrade offer. We’re in a mini-Suite in the Getaway and I have a few options in the Haven, including the Owner’s suites (H2 and H3) and the Aft Penthouses (H6). Do I understand correctly that the sleeping areas in all of these is that white pull-out sofa bed in the living room, shared by the 3rd and 4th guest? If that’s the case, what is the size of the sofa bed (Double, Queen, King)? And one last question, can the king size bed in the bedroom be pulled into 2 twins?

Seems like we could potentially downgrade the current sleeping situation going from the pull down and sofa bed in the mini suite to one of these categories in the Haven. TIA!

Edited by vinotinto
Clarity

If "sofa-bed with pullman above it" is important, take a look at the 2 BR Family Villa. The ones that sleep 6 have a pullman in the 2nd bedroom in addition to the single or double sofa-bed below.

The balcony will be smaller/more shallow in the 2BR (like your current mini-suite) than the other choices (H2 DOS/H3 OS).

As a side note, NCL is changing the alphanumeric codes for many staterooms including the suites. What we currently call a "H6" will not be what is called a H6 in the future. The same with what we currently call a H5 or H4, for example. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If "sofa-bed with pullman above it" is important, take a look at the 2 BR Family Villa. The ones that sleep 6 have a pullman in the 2nd bedroom in addition to the single or double sofa-bed below.

The balcony will be smaller/more shallow in the 2BR (like your current mini-suite) than the other choices (H2 DOS/H3 OS).

As a side note, NCL is changing the alphanumeric codes for many staterooms including the suites. What we currently call a "H6" will not be what is called a H6 in the future. The same with what we currently call a H5 or H4, for example. 

Yes, the description of the 2 BR is clear about the sleeping areas. The description of the Aft PH and Owner’s Suites are less clear. 

This is for a sailing that is in a few months and it’s only for the purpose of deciding what upgrade advantage cabins to put an offer/bid based on our group composition.

Disclaimer - this is all secondhand knowledge but is the result of me researching the heck out of this.  

No one here seems to know how large the sofa bed is, lol.  I've heard from many people that it's a double, but from a few people that it's a king.  (??). Someone stated that it can be made out to either size depending on pillow configuration, but I only saw that once.  So... confusing.

I have seen video evidence on youtube that you can have the sofa made into a smallish bed and they will also make up a cot for a forth person and have that set up under the tv in the living room.  That was our hope when we were booked in an aft haven - until I decided that I wanted a living room that wasn't infested with my two 14 year olds and upgraded us to the 2br, lol.

I also read that one person's son slept outside on one of the deck chairs and the butler started making one up for him to sleep on instead of the sofa.

• Thanks 1

We've stayed in the BA Dos. I'd have to look at pictures for size of bed.  It doesn't split.

The inner two rooms currently are H3 OS and outer two are H2 DOS.  Rooms leak noise from movable wall.  If you are in a mini your bid must be high since four rooms total with others bidding.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LeesaB said:

No one here seems to know how large the sofa bed is, lol.  I've heard from many people that it's a double, but from a few people that it's a king.  (??). Someone stated that it can be made out to either size depending on pillow configuration, but I only saw that once.  So... confusing.

Hi - we are on the Getaway in an H6.  I had a similar question and I did a search on CC, and found this post for the Breakaway.  I would think the sofa bed on Getaway and Breakaway would be very similar, but not sure:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2600369-breakaway-haven-aft-h6-sofa-bed-question/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. This helps tremendously! Here is what I have from these threads. Does this sound right for owner’s cabins and aft penthouse suites on haven on getaway?

• 3rd and 4th person share a sofa bed.
  • Size of sofa bed is unclear, with some saying it’s a double, but some saying it feels bigger than that once it’s made up. 
  • Some just opt to sleep on the floor or one of the balcony chairs rather than share  the sofa bed between 2 people.
  • Sofa bed is hard, but they may be able to bring an egg crate.

thanks all!

Edited by vinotinto

The OS and DOS are very different rooms on BA/GA.  The Dos is about double the OS size.

In both cases, 3&4 would share bed.  Sofa about size of queen in DOS.  I'll post picture.  In contrast, sofa on Escape DOS like king or bigger and plenty comfy.  Don't recall BA/GA being too bad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

The OS and DOS are very different rooms on BA/GA.  The Dos is about double the OS size.

In both cases, 3&4 would share bed.  Sofa about size of queen in DOS.  I'll post picture.  In contrast, sofa on Escape DOS like king or bigger and plenty comfy.  Don't recall BA/GA being too bad.

Thank you. It helps to have confirmation that the 3rd and 4th have to share a sofa on the Getaway and that it’s not king sized, maybe queen size.