Bermuda Excursion

georgiaguy

Hey! So we are going to be heading to Bermuda on Summit in July. In all my cruising time Bermuda is a place I have never been. We are there for the almost three days with two over nights. We also got all four perks and a good bit of OBC when we booked. With the perks taken care of I am looking into an excursion and that is why I am here today. I was thinking it might be nice to book one of the snorkeling ones, you know go out on a boat, float around, see fish and such, you know relaxing. Anyway, I would love some suggestions if anyone has any. Thanks! 

13 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

I was thinking it might be nice to book one of the snorkeling ones, you know go out on a boat, float around, see fish and such, you know relaxing. Anyway, I would love some suggestions if anyone has any. Thanks! 

Generally Bermuda is very easy to do things on your own without having to use ship excursions which tend to be more expensive than the same thing arranged on your own. Some of the best things in Bermuda are close to free-- like headed to Horseshoe Bay beach for the day.

That being said, if you have some OBC to burn something like a snorkel trip or catamaran sail might be a good way to do it. The Restless Native is a popular one that we've done once and enjoyed for half a day. You can also rent a Boston Whaler for half a day to go snorkling on your own which we do and really enjoy-- just not sure if your ship offers something like that you could book with onboard credit. 

To be clear, I am looking at it because we have a good bit of OBC and we dont gamble and drinks and gratuities are covered so basically this seems a good place to spend OBC and get and experience we might not otherwise get. We have 52 hours docked so we are definitely planning some kind of just head to the beach trip. 

Edited by georgiaguy

5 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Generally Bermuda is very easy to do things on your own without having to use ship excursions which tend to be more expensive than the same thing arranged on your own. Some of the best things in Bermuda are close to free-- like headed to Horseshoe Bay beach for the day.

That being said, if you have some OBC to burn something like a snorkel trip or catamaran sail might be a good way to do it. The Restless Native is a popular one that we've done once and enjoyed for half a day. You can also rent a Boston Whaler for half a day to go snorkling on your own which we do and really enjoy-- just not sure if your ship offers something like that you could book with onboard credit. 

We have a Whaler rented for 6 hours in April and can you just tell me a little about your times doing this, like easy to get to beaches and some of the small islands?.....thanks

17 hours ago, hogwildcruzers said:

We have a Whaler rented for 6 hours in April and can you just tell me a little about your times doing this, like easy to get to beaches and some of the small islands?.....thanks

6 hours might a little much-- I think we did 4 and ended up turning it in a little bit early. In April it's going to be quite cold still-- water temperature will be in the mid 60s so swimming isn't really going to be a lot of fun. Air temperature will only be just over 70 degrees but likely a little colder most of the day. 

We usually rent from Somerset Watersports (which I think rebranded to BDA Watersports)-- they limit you to an operating area. You can head up towards the HMS Vixen wreck and there are a number of tiny little islands you can get close to but a lot of them are rocky instead of sandy so beaching the boat isn't easy or really practical. The operating are specifically prevents you from taking the boats to the nicer beaches like Horseshoe Bay so that won't be an option. You can come into the main harbor through some bridges but you are not allowed to round the point at the Dockyard for some reason from what I remember. 

On 1/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, princeton123211 said:

Not sure how the Summit works for booking excursions, but Princess wants payment when you book. We always have a lot of OBC on Princess and use it for excursions but need to book after we board to do so. Worth checking because I wouldn't want to have to rely on the cruise line to refund me anything I put on my CC in advance then tried to change once on board.

You can do so much on your own in Bermuda so choose something on your departure day if you book with the cruise ship. That way they must have you back in time to sail. If there is anything listed for that day you would like to try.

Enjoy Bermuda it is a lovely place with wonderful people.

13 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Not sure how the Summit works for booking excursions, but Princess wants payment when you book. We always have a lot of OBC on Princess and use it for excursions but need to book after we board to do so.

What’s nice is Celebrity lets you use it in advance, at least the part that is already showing up. That is why I am leaning toward and excursion. Leaning toward one on our first day in Bermuda. We do not arrive until Noon and there is one on a catamaran that looks like fun. 

10 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

What’s nice is Celebrity lets you use it in advance, at least the part that is already showing up. That is why I am leaning toward and excursion. Leaning toward one on our first day in Bermuda. We do not arrive until Noon and there is one on a catamaran that looks like fun. 

Sounds like fun, enjoy.

I have done the Famous Homes and Hideaways Tour twice and enjoyed it.Leaves from the Dockyard and the ship price is not much more than if you booked it yourself. Lots of times it is only available through the ship.

Laura