Tango, Salsa & Samba Voyage on the Pursuit Review with Lots of Photos and Menus

MVPinBoynton

4 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thank you for posting the link, since I am not allowed to.  I see that you are going to be going through the Suez Canal this year.  We did that a couple years ago and just loved Petra, Oman and the UAE.  Awesome places.  The Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque is obviously on everyone's "must see" list when in the area.  If you get a chance, you should try to go back to it at night, since it is a much different and truly amazing.

Suezi-4502.jpg

This will be the fourth time we’ve done the Suez route on Azamara. Long story short, the first twice we chose it for the sea days as first DH, then I, had new knees so couldn’t do much walking. Last time we actually managed to do Petra and also Luxor/Valley of the Kings. It remains our favourite route & this time we stop at Ashdod so we can see a Jerusalem & the Dead Sea.

I don’t think we’ll get the the Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque as we are staying on in Dubai for a couple of days to see Dubai Expo which starts not long before we get there and is on for 6 months.

2 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

This will be the fourth time we’ve done the Suez route on Azamara. Long story short, the first twice we chose it for the sea days as first DH, then I, had new knees so couldn’t do much walking. Last time we actually managed to do Petra and also Luxor/Valley of the Kings. It remains our favourite route & this time we stop at Ashdod so we can see a Jerusalem & the Dead Sea.

I don’t think we’ll get the the Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque as we are staying on in Dubai for a couple of days to see Dubai Expo which starts not long before we get there and is on for 6 months.

Sorry you won't see the mosque.  It is an amazing place.  Jerusalem is just awesome!  The Dead Sea was most interesting, but it keeps getting smaller and smaller.  Glad you will get there before it dries up.

• Like 1

We were on this cruise so thanks for posting all the great photos and review. They have bought back some very good memories, even if you did manage to catch my ugly mug in an unflattering moment in one of them! 

I agree with you 100% so many aspects which is always reassuring. Aqulina dissapointed and our first Prime C meal was not great at all. I overheard someone say the steaks looked rare but tasted as if they well well done. That pretty much hit the nail on the head. The chateaubriand we had second time around was much better. You are also right abut the hypnotist show not needing a second outing and a comedian would definitely have been welcome.  Vadym was also one of our favorite waiters including Amadeo and Nayron in the living room.

The Mexican trio were awkward, repetitive and had some internal friction going on. There was hardly any tango, samba or salsa either. It was mostly generic latin pop covers and brief dance lessons covereing Dominican and Cuban styles. We only caught a bit of the young crooner but the lack of showmanship you mentioned was especially noticable after the excellent high energy Martin Kaye shows. 

Overall there were way more positives though and we loved it love the experience.

12 minutes ago, Robson1 said:

We were on this cruise so thanks for posting all the great photos and review. They have bought back some very good memories, even if you did manage to catch my ugly mug in an unflattering moment in one of them! 

I agree with you 100% so many aspects which is always reassuring. Aqulina dissapointed and our first Prime C meal was not great at all. I overheard someone say the steaks looked rare but tasted as if they well well done. That pretty much hit the nail on the head. The chateaubriand we had second time around was much better. You are also right abut the hypnotist show not needing a second outing and a comedian would definitely have been welcome.  Vadym was also one of our favorite waiters including Amadeo and Nayron in the living room.

The Mexican trio were awkward, repetitive and had some internal friction going on. There was hardly any tango, samba or salsa either. It was mostly generic latin pop covers and brief dance lessons covereing Dominican and Cuban styles. We only caught a bit of the young crooner but the lack of showmanship you mentioned was especially noticable after the excellent high energy Martin Kaye shows. 

Overall there were way more positives though and we loved it love the experience.

you are correct about way more positives.  The few negatives can be hits or misses on any cruise.  I was very pleased with the cruise. 

Hi Mike. I don't know if you will remember us from 2005 when we were on the Tahitian Princess together, sailing around the Tahiti area. We were so sorry to hear of your loss of Carol whose friendship on that cruise we still remember.

We can still recall you joining in with the local dancers when they came on board and have pictures somewhere.

We loved reading about your trip on the Pursuit and are very glad you enjoyed it so much. We thought your review was very professionally written as usual.

We have sailed on the Pursuit a few times now, including the Transatlantic Rio to Lisbon last March, so we could identify with your review of the ship.

Our next trip in March is on the Oceania Sirena, which you probably know was actually the Tahitian Princess and then the Ocean Princess (when we also sailed on her in the Far East around 2010), so that will also be interesting for us to see how it has been refurbished. It will be our first cruise on Oceania as usually we try to sail with Azamara, but on this occasion none of the ships would have been located where we wished to visit.

Kind regards and we hope that you enjoy your future cruises.

David and Julia

35 minutes ago, davidandjulia said:

Hi Mike. I don't know if you will remember us from 2005 when we were on the Tahitian Princess together, sailing around the Tahiti area. We were so sorry to hear of your loss of Carol whose friendship on that cruise we still remember.

We can still recall you joining in with the local dancers when they came on board and have pictures somewhere.

We loved reading about your trip on the Pursuit and are very glad you enjoyed it so much. We thought your review was very professionally written as usual.

We have sailed on the Pursuit a few times now, including the Transatlantic Rio to Lisbon last March, so we could identify with your review of the ship.

Our next trip in March is on the Oceania Sirena, which you probably know was actually the Tahitian Princess and then the Ocean Princess (when we also sailed on her in the Far East around 2010), so that will also be interesting for us to see how it has been refurbished. It will be our first cruise on Oceania as usually we try to sail with Azamara, but on this occasion none of the ships would have been located where we wished to visit.

Kind regards and we hope that you enjoy your future cruises.

David and Julia

I certainly do remember you two.  That was such a wonderful cruise.  We met some lifetime friends on that one.  We so enjoyed visiting your overwater bungalow before the cruise.  With that cruise being 15 years ago, the photos in the review are very small, but they still bring back the fond memories.  T'hank you for your kind words.

I have been on five Oceania cruises.  I do believe that you will thoroughly enjoy your cruise with them.  They are my favorite line.