Visa for Sri Lanka

rayc2009

Hi, I have spent 4 hours trying to obtain a free ETA  in Transit (cruise) for Sri Lank, however I am finding it difficult to find the government site, I keep completing application to find they are only agent seeking $60 per person which is outragous considering the ETA for Australian's are free.

I have read on cruise critic about being sucessful applying for the free ETA but nothing is displayed about the site to apply to without getting pushed on to an agent

Appreciate any assistance with resolving my issue

Regards

Ray Cooper

@rayc2009

Howdy Ray and welcome back to Cruise Critic!! emo22.gif I see it has been a while since you have posted on the boards. Some things around here look and work different since October 2018 when the previous vBulletin software was changed to Invision software.

Thank you for your new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. 👍 As broberts mentions above, please note the following information is at the top of each page in the forum:

Note:  This area is intended only for questions and answers relating to technical assistance in using these message boards.  Please do not post general cruise-related questions or Roll Calls here.

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Asia  Ports of Call - Asia  forum where it will be on-topic. Please browse through the thread titles on this new forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may help you. Also, since you are in Australia, you might want to check out our Australia & New Zealand Cruisers forum for help from your fellow citizens. 

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our  Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience, and you might win a prize from Cruise Critic! emo34.gif See the latest list of winners:  Review Your Cruise and You Could Win -- These Members Did! (January 16, 2020)

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

On 1/19/2020 at 4:37 AM, rayc2009 said:

Hi, I have spent 4 hours trying to obtain a free ETA  in Transit (cruise) for Sri Lank, however I am finding it difficult to find the government site,

Official website for Sri Lanka ETA application :

https://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/center.jsp?locale=en_US

No fee for applicants from Canada , USA

and other countries.

Application was 5 minutes to fill out, received

instant confirmation of application and 

10 minutes later the ETA approval via eMail.

Very easy and quick process, just have the

required information ready (Passport, Travel

Dates, Name of Vessel, etc.)

On 1/19/2020 at 9:37 AM, rayc2009 said:

Hi, I have spent 4 hours trying to obtain a free ETA  in Transit (cruise) for Sri Lank, however I am finding it difficult to find the government site, I keep completing application to find they are only agent seeking $60 per person which is outragous considering the ETA for Australian's are free.

I have read on cruise critic about being sucessful applying for the free ETA but nothing is displayed about the site to apply to without getting pushed on to an agent

Appreciate any assistance with resolving my issue

Regards

Ray Cooper

Hi Ray

Tried replying to your e mail, but it wouldn't deliver. However, SirWolf has given you the info. In case the site throws a wobbly, the root name is https://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/  and you can navigate from there. You want the single entry transit visa which is free (as shown on the list of fees).

Simon

Hi Sirwolf and Simon, Thank you for finding that web site amongst all those agencies trying to earn a dollar, I am now in touch with the correct site to issue my ETA at zero cost.

Many thanks and I will contibute to the site more as I get used to how it works, looking forward to my cruise

Regards

Ray Cooper Melbourne Aust