First Time On Queen Mary 2 Questions

luvtocruise88

1 minute ago, luvtocruise88 said:

Sailing for the first time on Queen Mary 2 - 22 Day Asia Trip departing Feb 13 from Singapore to Sydney.  How do I find out what the theme nights are? Anyone been on the QM2 with this itinerary before?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Hello! 

Here is the link to the themed evenings: 

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/Dress_Code_M927_M015.pdf

I can't comment on the itinerary, sadly. 

General tips...! Well, there are plenty of them! 

The ship is lovely, a lot quieter for its size than other lines, so enjoy the space and public areas. The decks are extensive, still even after the additional cabins were put on, so there is plenty of outside space to enjoy. You will read criticism of things like food and service on occasion, but go with an open mind and enjoy the experience. I have never had an issue onboard with things like that, in fact non at all, but I am sure on the odd occasion they do happen. 

🙂

Thank you for the link on themed evenings! Was hoping for a roaring 20's night but still all looks good! I love trying new cruise lines and always have an open mind.  I welcome any tips on sailing the QM2 as I usually pack light, but don't think I will be able to for this trip! Thanks again

• Like 1

I think, if sailing on the QM2, and you really want to make the most of it, then you do need to take a few things with you to make the best of the formal evenings and balls, and to some who want to travel very light, then it might be a bit of extra on top of what they want to take... But, if you are clever with what you pack then you can make the same things go a long way by accessorising or changing a shirt or blouse with the same jacket or trousers/skirt or changing the look of a tux or dinner suit (not sure if you are male or female) with different colour ties or bow ties... Or, for ladies changing scarfs and jewellery to make one dress or outfit look very different! 

But, I am sure you are already all over that if you have cruised a lot before! 🙂

I do have a couple of go to dresses that I can change scarves/jewelry. Also have a beautiful pair of silk pants I can bring different blouses for dinner. It’s just a little overwhelming as I have never had to pack for a month before! 

Thanks for all your help (:

39 minutes ago, luvtocruise88 said:

I do have a couple of go to dresses that I can change scarves/jewelry. Also have a beautiful pair of silk pants I can bring different blouses for dinner. It’s just a little overwhelming as I have never had to pack for a month before! 

Thanks for all your help 🙂

Free laundry on board to help with that

You might consider sending a large bag to the ship, and then home again. Cunard used to have a product called White Star Luggage, but they now recommend LuggageForward.com . I used them to send a 50 lb. suitcase to Hamburg, and then back to Texas when we arrived in NYC last September. They were easy to work with, and they handle international pickups. You might give them a call, or use their site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, luvtocruise88 said:

Sailing for the first time on Queen Mary 2 - 22 Day Asia Trip departing Feb 13 from Singapore to Sydney.  How do I find out what the theme nights are? Anyone been on the QM2 with this itinerary before?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

luvtocruise88,

Welcome to Cunard and the Queen Mary 2...You will truly love your first time on board. We still remember several decades ago our first sailing and we are still sailing on her, another coming soon.

It will take time to learn about her but with 22 days, you will really enjoy all that she will offer you....ex dining, excursions, entertainment... and take memories home to remember...

Oh yes, you will want to return to sail on her again...

5 hours ago, luvtocruise88 said:

Thank you for all the helpful info!  My husband and I can't wait for our first QM2 cruise! It's also our first long cruise because we are first time empty nesters! 😀

Another Good & Great Reason to Celebrate!