Cabins with interconnecting doors ?

Tikka234

Looking to book 2 balcony cabins for daughter and 2 kids and me and hubby, a couple of cabins we are looking at have connecting doors do these change layout space in cabins ( having extra door) we don't want this just these are one in location were looking at.

Any reviews thanks 

15 hours ago, Tikka234 said:

Looking to book 2 balcony cabins for daughter and 2 kids and me and hubby, a couple of cabins we are looking at have connecting doors do these change layout space in cabins ( having extra door) we don't want this just these are one in location were looking at.

Any reviews thanks 

They can do depending on the ships design, however if you are having 2 balcony cabins you can ask to have the balcony dividing door opened, this will give you access to each other without any compromise on cabin space.

Edited by terrierjohn

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

They can do depending on the ships design, however if you are having 2 balcony cabins you can ask to have the balcony dividing door opened, this will give you access to each other without any compromise on cabin space.

Thanks have been and booked this morning didn't go for connecting cabins just 2 balconies together and as you say will get balcony door opened  that's a cruise for 2021 to look forward to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Hmmm, just realised my cabin on Iona has a connecting door.  Do you get much noise through it? Think it will feel odd having a door I cant open in my cabin. 

I think you will be able to open it.  Then there is a second door you cannot open in the same door frame.

Regards John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john watson said:

I think you will be able to open it.  Then there is a second door you cannot open in the same door frame.

Regards John

The problem is that the holes in the cabin frame will result in much poorer sound insulation in that area.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davemorton said:

Hope they dont imnd a little snoring then. 😞

You will be fine Dave. 

The most noticeable thing about the newer ships to me is how sound insulation technology has improved. 

For example, Aurora is lovely, but you do hear your neighbours drawers opening, toilet flushing etc. The interconnecting doors have a padded 'thing' over them. 

Ventura is much better and Britannia excellent, so I'm sure they would have addressed potential issues with sealing systems on the doors etc. 

Andy 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, Tikka234 said:

Thanks have been and booked this morning didn't go for connecting cabins just 2 balconies together and as you say will get balcony door opened  that's a cruise for 2021 to look forward to.

Last year on Aurora, we were told that it’s now P and O’s policy not to open the balcony doors. The doors are for fire access only. No doubt each ship will differ as they always do!!

On 1/21/2020 at 3:25 PM, Lady Meer said:

Last year on Aurora, we were told that it’s now P and O’s policy not to open the balcony doors. The doors are for fire access only. No doubt each ship will differ as they always do!!

As you said all the ship's are different - on Brittania last August the cabin's next to us had their balcony doors open between their 2 cabins.

On 1/21/2020 at 3:25 PM, Lady Meer said:

I hope you're wrong because my advice to the OP was to use the balcony's doors as a connection. 

Actually thinking about it, the balcony doors are more useful for cleaning purposes, allowing them to access all the balconies from one point only, I doubt they would make good fire escapes, except for very localised fires where the corridor isn't accessible.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:02 AM, AndyMichelle said:

You will be fine Dave. 

The most noticeable thing about the newer ships to me is how sound insulation technology has improved. 

For example, Aurora is lovely, but you do hear your neighbours drawers opening, toilet flushing etc. The interconnecting doors have a padded 'thing' over them. 

Ventura is much better and Britannia excellent, so I'm sure they would have addressed potential issues with sealing systems on the doors etc. 

Andy 

Oh dear our neighbour on Ventura wasn't happy about my husbands snoring pity the people next door to us on Aurora then  🙄

1 hour ago, Elaine0138 said:

Oh dear our neighbour on Ventura wasn't happy about my husbands snoring pity the people next door to us on Aurora then  🙄

I snore badly, but have never had any complaints... Perhaps our  neighbours have just been polite.. 

Andy 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Elaine0138 said:

Remember, if you are a snorer and have interconnecting doors to leave your side unlocked.  The lady in the next cabin can send her husband through to roll you onto your side.  It is the decent thing to do as she will not want you keeping her awake all night,

Regards John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, john watson said:

Remember, if you are a snorer and have interconnecting doors to leave your side unlocked.  The lady in the next cabin can send her husband through to roll you onto your side.  It is the decent thing to do as she will not want you keeping her awake all night,

Regards John

I think, in a suite, the butler does it for you... 

Andy