Clever Loyalty change no-one has noticed has already happened

compman9

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

DL overflow is only the 2nd floor MH (and sometimes only part of it).  1st floor MH is open to anyone during DL HH.

That may depend on specific sailing/ship - on Ovation TP, even the lower part of MH was used as a DL extension.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Why would Pinnacles want to go to Diamond Lounges when they have there own Suite. Lounges?

Perhaps they want to be with D, D+ friends or family in the D lounge. 

Perhaps the coffee machine in the suite lounge does not have decaf, but the machine in the D lounge does. 

Perhaps they know the concierge or prefer a particular server. 

Perhaps the D lounge is closer to their cabin or closer to where they need to be next. 

I’m sure there are many reasons. 
m

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Perhaps they want to be with D, D+ friends or family in the D lounge. 

Perhaps the coffee machine in the suite lounge does not have decaf, but the machine in the D lounge does. 

Perhaps they know the concierge or prefer a particular server. 

Perhaps the D lounge is closer to their cabin or closer to where they need to be next. 

I’m sure there are many reasons. 
m

Meet your friends elsewhere, get coffee elsewhere, book cabin near CL then or where you would like to be. Just trying to alleviate overcrowding in the DL like alleviating crowding in CL/SL. 

• Haha 1

We became diamond plus just before Rccl started changing the lounges, based on status. If I had known of the changes before hand, I would have not been on a mission to get us to diamond plus and cruised on other lines.  We will probably never reach pinnacle so my thought is diamond is where it’s at.  A bogo that you can get on some ships and a picture (we have many in drawers) just not that a big deal to us.   Turning diamond was a very special event/cruise.  We now buy the drink package because of the crowding in the lounges so it doesn’t matter to us anymore.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

It can be an anytime venue or open to all happy hour venue, thats up to the cruise director and what entertainers they have at their disposal. 

Viking Crown Lounges used to be used this way until RCI stopped scheduling entertainment there and then said "See, no one goes here..." and now you have VCL's on the big ships as Suites Lounges. 

I never went up there at that time of day, honest

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

The Music Hall on Anthem is used during the day for different things, but most is on the lower level.  The overflow from the Diamond lounge has been using a portion of the upper level of the Music Hall for years.  Not an issue at all.

We had a birthday party in Music Hall last week on Oasis.  I guess I should have raised a stink😉

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, maggieq said:

We became diamond plus just before Rccl started changing the lounges, based on status. If I had known of the changes before hand, I would have not been on a mission to get us to diamond plus and cruised on other lines.  We will probably never reach pinnacle so my thought is diamond is where it’s at.  A bogo that you can get on some ships and a picture (we have many in drawers) just not that a big deal to us.   Turning diamond was a very special event/cruise.  We now buy the drink package because of the crowding in the lounges so it doesn’t matter to us anymore.  

We had a 15 night Princess Hawaiian cruise in November and the food and service was far superior to our recent RCCL cruises.

Royal USP is the loyalty lounges.

As a D+ Royal please be careful,there is better cruise experiences elsewhere.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, compman9 said:

I see, that's interesting. I wonder when they were introduced and how they might relate to future changes

I also heard there were alterations to the diamond plus booking discount a couple of years ago, is this also true?

No, it is not. 

But feel free to start another false rumor. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Definitely not allowed on Anthem  

Unless it's quite recently, when I sailed in August on 9 nite NE/ Canada I had full usage of the CL.  It was easier for me than the DL as my cabin was on the 12the deck and only about a dozen cabin away..

3 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Unless it's quite recently, when I sailed in August on 9 nite NE/ Canada I had full usage of the CL.

D+ getting kicked out of the CL started this month across the fleet - first with the "overcrowding" e-mails and now it seems with replacing the CL sign with an SL one.

Biker, who wonders why RCI even bothered with the e-mail scheme.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Unless it's quite recently, when I sailed in August on 9 nite NE/ Canada I had full usage of the CL.  It was easier for me than the DL as my cabin was on the 12the deck and only about a dozen cabin away..

Yes very recent

3 hours ago, LorraineP said:

So there’s Diamond PLUS and  Diamond+. What is the difference?

Disney+

ESPN+

Diamond+

Millennials running the show. "Check it out, lets removing this stodgy old "Plus" and replace it with this sleek, aerodynamic '+'. See, now we're a hip company too!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Just got this email. Diamond+ kicked out of CL.
The Concierge Lounge is now only available to the Pinnacle members and Diamond and Diamond Plus members will now have exclusive rights to the Diamond Club. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Sincerely,
Sean Stewart
Royal Guest Experience Management

This does not say that suite guests are able to use the CL. The new signs and this letter seem to contradict each other.

We will be in a suite next month on the Serenade. We will make diamond during this cruise (big whoop) so we won't be able to use the DL or get the 3 vouchers. 

Will we be allowed in the CL?

9 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

This does not say that suite guests are able to use the CL. The new signs and this letter seem to contradict each other.

We will be in a suite next month on the Serenade. We will make diamond during this cruise (big whoop) so we won't be able to use the DL or get the 3 vouchers. 

Yes. That was in the context of C&A levels. It is for suites. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Probably because they are just firing off emails from an office somewhere. I seriously doubt if they analyze every word or exclusion like we do. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, twangster said:

It's been almost a year and half since the change to small font and the "+" that came with it.  I don't see them adding more tiers (or + marks).  I can see benefits being adjusted, but not more levels.

The small extra perks at the 340/350 and 525 level have existed for a while now, assigning them an extra "+"  achieves nothing.

With the removal of CL's over time they are melting D+ more into D.  Getting rid of of "PLUS" and replacing it with "+"  is consistent with that end.  "You have to squint to see the +, you are still just a Diamond" is how I interpreted it.

Or maybe it's just a bean counter that figured less ink over millions of cards saves $100.  

I pulled out my sea pass cards for the last two years to see the difference in how they mark my status. In 2018 I was Diamond Plus and in 2019 it did change to Diamond+, as you state. The other main change around that time is that they started adding your Club Royale status. So, now they say: Crown & Anchor: Diamond+ / Club Royale: Prime

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has put 3 drinks on everyone’s cards to alleviate that.  They will not expand the lounges as they really don’t care about the fights for seats.  The reason that D+ are now getting the boot from the concierge lounge is the suite guests have complained about the overcrowding and Royal is acting upon the suite guests concerns. 

As they should. 

• Like 4