waitlisted time line?

MCOgirl

Hi fellow cruisers,

This is our first time on SS.WE  are waitlisted for a Vista suite. Having never experienced  this before.

Do you usually get a room and how far out would it be assigned prior to the sail date?

Thank you

4 hours ago, carefreecruise said:

travelers have up to 120 days before they need to pay in full on a lot of cruises. So soon after that date some rooms open up and that is about the time they will notify you. So good luck. 

I don't believe that's true regarding allocation dates. This is like saying SS won't sell any further allocation of accommodation when T-120 has passed.

I've never had a GTY, but have for 3 of the 4 future cruises I currently have booked and don't expect to hear until 2 or 3 weeks prior to departure. Even then it can be subject to change. (There was a recent thread a couple of months ago where exactly that happened.)

Edited by les37b

Previous threads

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2684596-gty-suite/?tab=comments#comment-58228387   Still not allocated on 26 days - allocated on 14 days as a double upgrade

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2704787-suite-gty/?tab=comments#comment-58624673  Allocated on 30 Days as a double upgrade

I genuinely don't expect to hear for any of mine until 2 weeks to go..... but I'f I got the above I'd be very happy. If I got my booked category, so be it.... its a gamble that sometimes pays off. The downside is not knowing and sometimes meaning you could have got a better suite number (more midship) than you ended up with.

Well well well...... The mystery and plot thickens and it just goes to show there is no hard and fast rule and things are as clear as mud. I've mentioned I've only previously seen on CC Silversea GTY being allocated are from a month to go and until this thread, I've never seen anything suggesting to the contrary...... Until now.........

I just looked in my.silversea for a browse..... Looking to see in my next which is showing as 194 days had the tour program showing yet..... It wasn't. But I just looked at my first GTY to see if my flights were showing yet and blow me.... not only are the flights there ...but so is my suite allocation..... and a very happy bunny I am! Woo hoo! I can only imagine its because there are so limited an allocation of Vista's on the Moon they could confidently allocate this far out. (309 to be exact!)

So, to clarify........ it could be allocated at anytime.... and since I've not been officially informed, I guess this allocation could be a mistake and removed. I'm hoping it won't be though!

Take a screenshot Les! 

When we originally reserved, we were allocated 510 (Verandah) but they wanted around 7k more than the GTY. We weren't sure about paying £700 per day when we wouldn't know what the weather would be like so opted for the GTY. I Checked regularly and it showed as GTY right up until -8, it suddenly changed on -7 to 510. Not sure if coincidence was involved or not. Either way we were very pleased and saved £7k.

50 minutes ago, MrsWaldo said:

But is waitlist the same as a Gty.  My TA said waitlist is only when cruise is fully booked so you wait for a cancellation. 

A GTY means you are on board 

Yes, you are completely correct and have fallen in now on the 120 days to go implication so apologise to carefreecruise for my initial interpretation and muxed with the OP regarding being allocated a suite. my bad! Yes, wait listing and GTY are different and answer given by carefreecruise I wholeheartedely agree.

Edited by les37b

We have just booked and “paid in full” for a Vista on the Spirit for next year. We decided on a Vista, over a Verandah for some 1500(£ 😀 ) reasons.

I never even considered looking at the GTY option so I must bear that in mind in the future.

Annoyingly the ‘deadline’ for our fare payment was January 3 ... after which the prices did not go up.

7 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

But is waitlist the same as a Gty.  My TA said waitlist is only when cruise is fully booked so you wait for a cancellation. 

A GTY means you are on board 

I agree MRS.WALDO They are two totally differnt things.Yes the Vista Suites are sold out and we are waitlist for one to hopefully open.All we had to put down was a deposit.Thats what I was curious about   -Have others had any success with this waitlist option .?If so how long do you wait to hear something.As we want to spend a month in Asia and hope to leave the US at the beginning  of Feb.

Thank you all for your replies

9 hours ago, les37b said:

Yes, you are completely correct and have fallen in now on the 120 days to go implication so apologise to carefreecruise for my initial interpretation and muxed with the OP regarding being allocated a suite. my bad! Yes, wait listing and GTY are different and answer given by carefreecruise I wholeheartedely agree.

OK , thanks Les I can stop crying now...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1