Live From the Sky Princess B2B January 25 - February 8, 2020

Woobstr112G

3 hours ago, cpjenks2001 said:

My friends and I are boarding the Sky 3/7/20. It will be my first-ever cruise. Looking forward to reading your live posts. Very excited to see what will be waiting for us! 😎

Pam

How exciting!  I think you will be very impressed by the Sky!

Bob, Denny and I are looking forward to your "live from" on the Sky.  Particularly interested in photos of your penthouse suite.  We booked an aft penthouse suite (R731) on the Discovery in 2021 and are curious to see if there are any changes.   Sure hope there are no soot issues.

Have a blast!  You and Holli deserve it.

Jan   

Hi Bob!

So happy that you and Holli will be on this cruise!  We were not able to make it but know you will have a great time with our friends Franky, Jack, Sam and Joanie!  Congratulations on your upcoming retirement - well deserved.

Looking forward to following along and hearing about all of you adventures!

denise

On 1/19/2020 at 6:46 PM, mellon1 said:

I am so sorry to hear about your Golden Retriever, Misha and recent health issues.  We have gone through the loss of our goldens also and it is so hard.  Misha will forever be in your hearts.  I wish you the best of health and hope you enjoy yourselves on the Sky.  We will look forward to reading your reviews.  All the best.

Hi Bob & Holli,

I can’t express my feelings any better then Mellon1did. I just hope you have a Great cruise!! 
Tony

An early good morning all from Palmdale Ca.  Well as expected, I woke up early (0400 local time) due to pre-cruise excitement.  On tap for today is to finish packing as, alas, I got side tracked yesterday and didn’t finish.  Other than that, all there is to do is take Holli to an appointment.  

Tomorrow, I will be taking our Golden Retriever pup Bailey to his pet hotel. It will be his first time away from us at the young age of 19 weeks.  Holli will not accompany me as it (as ir was with Misha) is too hard for her to part with her new boy.  She will however go with me when I pick him up. After dropping Bailey off, we will try and make it an early night as the limo will be picking us up at 0300 for our ride to Lax and a 0600 flight.

That’s all for now.  Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Anubi said:

Bob, how nice to have your Live From to follow!!  Phil and I are on the Sky in May/June for the Baltics and I'm looking forward to your impressions of the cruise...especially the martinis!!  😉 

I am so sorry to hear about Misha.  Please give Holli my condolences.  Its very hard to lose such a beloved member of the family.  

Wanda;

Thank you for your kind words (as well as thanks to others) for your kind words regarding Misha.  As far as the Sky is concerned,, congrats on your Baltic itinerary booking.  Holli has actually been talking about wanting to do another Baltic cruise.  We will take good care of the Sky for you.....

Bob

• Like 4

20 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Hello Bob

I have read some of your past reviews and you do a good job with both your reporting and your photos !

I realize that you and Holli are experienced travelers, but in reading about your packing plans, a thought came to mind.

Have you considered cross packing your luggage ? My DH andI usually take a large and a medium suitcase along with two carry-on bags. This is how we roll ( no pun intended!)no matter the length of cruise or vacation whenever a flight is involved.

By packing each other’s items in both suitcases, we are assured of some clothing if one  of the bags is mis-directed. Now, if both bags are lost, we each have a change of clothes packed in one of the carry-ones. This may seem a bit of over-planning, but it is kind of simple and has worked for us for many years - just a thought.

We are looking forward to your postings about the Sky as we are booked for a repositioning cruise from NYC to FLL this coming November. Reading reports from CC members are making us really look forward to our time on the ship.

I hope you have an enjoyable vacation !

Bon Voyage !

We’ve thought about cross packing.  While it is a sound solution, it just wouldn’t work for us.  About the closest we get, is packing a change of clothes in our carry one.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

An early good morning all from Palmdale Ca.  Well as expected, I woke up early (0400 local time) due to pre-cruise excitement.  On tap for today is to finish packing as, alas, I got side tracked yesterday and didn’t finish.  Other than that, all there is to do is take Holli to an appointment.  

Tomorrow, I will be taking our Golden Retriever pup Bailey to his pet hotel. It will be his first time away from us at the young age of 19 weeks.  Holli will not accompany me as it (as ir was with Misha) is too hard for her to part with her new boy.  She will however go with me when I pick him up. After dropping Bailey off, we will try and make it an early night as the limo will be picking us up at 0300 for our ride to Lax and a 0600 flight.

That’s all for now.  Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob

Have a wonderful time ! Enjoy the excitement of getting there!

17 hours ago, I object 2 said:

Bob, Denny and I are looking forward to your "live from" on the Sky.  Particularly interested in photos of your penthouse suite.  We booked an aft penthouse suite (R731) on the Discovery in 2021 and are curious to see if there are any changes.   Sure hope there are no soot issues.

Have a blast!  You and Holli deserve it.

Jan   

Hi Jan;

The aft PH is designed differently (IMHO) Riviera deck PH’s. The Riviera deck PH’s are side by side while the connection of the two rooms in the aft PH’s is angled.  I also hope there are no soot issues as the Dolphin deck balconies are the largest ones (excluding the Sky Suites) on the ship.  I loved the size of our Dolphin PH on the Royal with the exception of the very prest soot issues.....

Bob

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 4hunters said:

Hi Bob - I'll be following along.  Are you two still booked on our May 6th cruise?

No, unfortunately we cancelled.  We mainly booked to sail with Holli’s sister and her DH (who was a retired Deputy Sheriff doing the same job I do).  Tragically however, he passed away this past Fall. 

We still have the Alaska R/T booked (directly after the 10 day cruise).  We will decide before final payment (next month) if we are still going to sail.....

Bob

Just now, Woobstr112G said:

No, unfortunately we cancelled.  We mainly booked to sail with Holli’s sister and her DH (who was a retired Deputy Sheriff doing the same job I do).  Tragically however, he passed away this past Fall. 

We still have the Alaska R/T booked (directly after the 10 day cruise).  We will decide before final payment (next month) if we are still going to sail.....

Bob

My condolences to Holli's sister.  Enjoy your cruise(s)!

Scott

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

Wanda;

Thank you for your kind words (as well as thanks to others) for your kind words regarding Misha.  As far as the Sky is concerned,, congrats on your Baltic itinerary booking.  Holli has actually been talking about wanting to do another Baltic cruise.  We will take good care of the Sky for you.....

Bob

Bob,

If that is the case that Holli is talking about another Baltic, join myself and about 15 friends as we are sailing on the Sky on April 24, 2021 to the Baltic. Check it out onboard now while you are cruising. Would be great fun. Hope you consider it.

1 hour ago, CruisinLow said:

Bob,

If that is the case that Holli is talking about another Baltic, join myself and about 15 friends as we are sailing on the Sky on April 24, 2021 to the Baltic. Check it out onboard now while you are cruising. Would be great fun. Hope you consider it.

Hi Ann;

A very tempting offer indeed and it would be great to once again sail with the Brea crew.  I will mention it to Holli.  If she has her back surgery in June, it may not be possible as it will be less than a year after surgery.  Never say never though.....😊😊😊

Bob

3 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

Bob please pass our condolences onto Holli.  We briefly met Holli's sister and husband  when we joined you on your balcony for that unforgettable sail out of Venice.  It was a bit chilly...LOL...so they disappeared and came back with mittens and hats, then they disappeared and came back wrapped up in a blanket.  Then the pair of them quietly disappeared for the duration of the sail out.  We found that hilarious since Phil was wearing a light jacket and I was wearing a wool pashmina.  Lovely memory.    

19 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Bob please pass our condolences onto Holli.  We briefly met Holli's sister and husband  when we joined you on your balcony for that unforgettable sail out of Venice.  It was a bit chilly...LOL...so they disappeared and came back with mittens and hats, then they disappeared and came back wrapped up in a blanket.  Then the pair of them quietly disappeared for the duration of the sail out.  We found that hilarious since Phil was wearing a light jacket and I was wearing a wool pashmina.  Lovely memory.    

Wanda;

I will pass on your kind words to Holli and yes, the sail away was quite interesting and memorable...

Bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

**Packing Update**

I’m officially done packing.  Now all I have to do is wait till Holli tells me how much room I need to make for her items.....😂😂😂

Bob

Bob, I see it's no different at our home as yours when packing for a cruise. I always pack on the light side so I have extra room in my suitcase for Darlene's extra clothes and it's always best to never say a word about it. :classic_biggrin:

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

• Haha 1