Live From the Sky Princess B2B January 25 - February 8, 2020

Woobstr112G

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

Yup, I actually googled the specs for both planes.  We were in Business/First but it was still noticeable.....

Bob

So 1.5” more elbow room per seat. 🙂 Given that you flew through DFW, it’s more than likely that you were on American, so always a chance that the 737  plane had been “Oasis’d” where they have managed to add extra rows of seats that meant they had to shrink the seat pitch even in first class, meaning even less room vs. a 321. Thankfully, I’ve managed to avoid such an aircraft on my travels. (The AA Max aircraft are all Oasis layout) and I try to stick to A321s, though there is a move to densify those too. 😞 The only saving grace on an “Oasis” A321 is 5 rows in First, so a little more availability to be had. 

Roll on project “Kodiak” where they try to at least fix the screw up in the First class cabin. 

Good morning all from Ft. Lauderdale.  Well time change has me a little off kilter.  I was so tired from yesterday, that I was asleep probably before 2200 last night.  Slept straight through till about 30 minutes ago.  Now I'm wide awake.

Anyway, not too much on tap for today.  If the weather holds up, I'd like to get out and get some picture taking done with my new Canon 90D. Other than that, probably just hang out around the property.

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob

B3DB6B7F-A193-4DF1-B56D-C21E35940991.thumb.jpeg.e6f612275e2d754acf052fac53036153.jpeg

A later good morning to all from The Lago Mar in Ft.  Lauderdale.  Right now I’m in the hotel’s restaurant enjoying breakfast.  The breakfast is buffet style and is quite good. It was included in the price of the room.  

Prior to partaking in breakfast, I walked around the hotel’s private beach taking pictures.  The weather today is 1000% better than yesterday.  It was just a tad cool but the skies for the most part were clear.  There was a small amount of humidity but it was nothing to worry about.

So far, I am very impressed with the hotel.  All of the employee’s are very friendly and willing to help out.  I don’t see it changing for the next day so I would recommend this establishment for anyone considering a pre/post cruise stay in Ft. Lauderdale,

Thats all for now and I’ll probably check in later.

Bob

• Like 2

On 1/23/2020 at 7:10 AM, Woobstr112G said:

One quick question for those experienced b2b cruisers out there.  If you have the same cabin steward for both voyages, do you still tip (extra) at the end of each leg or at the end of the second voyage?

Bob

Hey Bob...  Hello from Walt Disney World.  Sorry to miss you and Holli...we begin our cruising on February 14th.

To answer your question, Nan and I give our extra tips at the end of each segment of a B2B. We find that works best for us. 

We wish you and Holli a fantastic experience onboard the Sky...

26 minutes ago, MaChere said:

Question. Is the Caribe balcony deck the same on the Sky as on the other ships? Half covered, half open? Hoping to book a Caribbean on the Sky perhaps for 2021. 

Thanks. Sharon

Caribe balconies on the Sky are not the same design as on Grand class ships.  They're quite narrow and fully covered as on other Royal class ships.

1 hour ago, MaChere said:

Question. Is the Caribe balcony deck the same on the Sky as on the other ships? Half covered, half open? Hoping to book a Caribbean on the Sky perhaps for 2021. 

Thanks. Sharon

As Lew wrote, most side facing balconies are as he described & are about 20% smaller (9’x4’) than standard balconies on the various types of Grand-class ships.

Forward & aft facing balconies, midship balconies and side facing cabins fore & aft on Dolphin deck (Majestic/Sky) are where most of the larger balconies are located.  Check deck plans for specific locations & here’s a 360° panoramic view of the Royal-class standard balconies that was posted on Cruise Critic.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/balcony-cabin-100478/balcony-cabin--v24189/

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Hey Bob...  Hello from Walt Disney World.  Sorry to miss you and Holli...we begin our cruising on February 14th.

To answer your question, Nan and I give our extra tips at the end of each segment of a B2B. We find that works best for us. 

Hope you're enjoying Disney!  OKW?  

Sorry our time on the Sky doesn't overlap.

Joanie

Edited by sssteele
Oops

20 minutes ago, sssteele said:

Hope you're enjoying Disney!  OKW?  

Sorry our time on the Sky doesn't overlap.

Joanie

Hi Joanie...

Yes, we're at Old Key West.  This is our first stay here since they remodeled and we're enjoying the new look.

Hope to catch up with you guys on a cruise again...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MaChere said:

Thank you for the Caribe balcony information. That's a bit disappointing. Love the larger balcony with partial coverage. 

Sharon

Amen but they don't want to give us anything like that! I mean if you are enjoying your balcony you are not out spending money on the ship! I  will sail the older ships as long as possible. Although the way prices are going don't know how long! Sadly we are headed toward land vacations ...Florida

here we come for our anniversary !

🙂

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

Good afternoon everyone.  I just got back from a Target run to pick up a number of items both Holli and I forgot to pack.  We were off our game this cruise in packing since we only found out we could actually go on this cruise a short eight days prior to sailing.  Oh well😊.  The Target run solved all of my miscues.  We are getting ready to head to the hotel's gift shop to look for a sweater for Holli.

We haven't made any specific plans for dinner.  We make catch an Uber and head out to see what's available.  Or, we might eat at the hotel's restaurant.

Bob

• Like 2

6 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Hello Lew.  Nice to hear from you.  I've been looking at some Viking itineraries for after my retirement.  Hopefully our paths will cross again on a future voyage.  I will pass on your regards to Holli.  We both wish you and Nan a wonderful cruising experience as well.....😊😊😊

Bob

4 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

What lens or lenses are you using Bob ?

My everyday walk around lens is an IS 15X85.  I also brought the IS 18x135 that came with my 90D.  Lastly, I also brought along my old reliable non-IS 75x300 that I purchased way back when when I bought my first Canon camera (30D).....😊😊😊

Bob

6 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Bob, will you be able to see the ships come into port;  how close is this hotel to the port entrance?  

Yes, they do pass by the hotel's beach.  Probably won't see the Sky come in in the morning.....😊😊😊

Bob

19 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good afternoon everyone.  I just got back from a Target run to pick up a number of items both Holli and I forgot to pack.  We were off our game this cruise in packing since we only found out we could actually go on this cruise a short eight days prior to sailing.  Oh well😊.  The Target run solved all of my miscues.  We are getting ready to head to the hotel's gift shop to look for a sweater for Holli.

We haven't made any specific plans for dinner.  We make catch an Uber and head out to see what's available.  Or, we might eat at the hotel's restaurant.

Bob

Kelly’s Landing is excellent.

Good evening all.  I had an unfortunate incident earlier during dinner.  We decided to eat at the pool bar area of the hotel.  While eating dinner, I excused myself to use the facilities. The closest one was a short distance away near the entrance to the hotel’s beach area.  As I was exiting, I made a quick right turn to head back to rejoin Holli.  Due no lightning outside at the entrance, I didn’t see an approximate 3x1 decorative rock formation.  

Yup you guessed it, I did a 1 & 1/2 with a full twist and landed face down on the rock formation.  My right ankle/shin took the worst of it with the shin quite swollen and quite painful.  I am hoping some ice will do the twist.  Really terrible luck the night before we board.....

Bob

Ice and elevate for sure, and ace-bandage for support if it’s available at the hotel.  If time, maybe have the Uber stop by Publix and grab a Velcro ankle brace which can help stabilize if it feels a bit wobbly.  So very sorry this happened!

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good evening all.  I had an unfortunate incident earlier during dinner.  We decided to eat at the pool bar area of the hotel.  While eating dinner, I excused myself to use the facilities. The closest one was a short distance away near the entrance to the hotel’s beach area.  As I was exiting, I made a quick right turn to head back to rejoin Holli.  Due no lightning outside at the entrance, I didn’t see an approximate 3x1 decorative rock formation.  

Yup you guessed it, I did a 1 & 1/2 with a full twist and landed face down on the rock formation.  My right ankle/shin took the worst of it with the shin quite swollen and quite painful.  I am hoping some ice will do the twist.  Really terrible luck the night before we board.....

Bob

So sorry to hear that Bob. Hopefully the ice did the trick and there will be not much swelling. 

Bon Voyage