walk from Playas Uvas and where to go in San Miguel

ktcat cruz

We are going to do a cruise excursion at Playa Uvas (Kayak and snorkel) in the morning, then figure we'll make our way back to San MIguel and the ship. We like to walk, is it walkable along the beach or roads or should we plan to take a taxi back? 

Anywhere special to check out in town? I read that the thirsty coyote might be a neat place to check out. Any tequila tastings or tours that might be fun?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ktcat cruz said:

We are going to do a cruise excursion at Playa Uvas (Kayak and snorkel) in the morning, then figure we'll make our way back to San MIguel and the ship. We like to walk, is it walkable along the beach or roads or should we plan to take a taxi back? 

Anywhere special to check out in town? I read that the thirsty coyote might be a neat place to check out. Any tequila tastings or tours that might be fun?

Thanks!

Google maps will show you the walk is almost 6 miles. You can do a virtual walk and it is certainly possible, along the road and sidewalk but very hot and cerainly not worth the time to me. Depending on which ship you are on it would be another 3 miles back to Puerta Maya or International,  unless you dock in town. I would taxi and save your time and energy for walking the back streets of downtown.

I haven't done any but there are tastings - you can check out Casa Mission, Buccanos, or Mexico Lindo, which has several locations including downtown. I think you are asking about Thirsty “ Cougar”.