Requesting a quote

reustmd

In browsing Viking Ocean cruises I've noticed you can call them to request quotes. Is this really an opportunity to negotiate pricing/packaging? Or is this just customer service which'll provide the same offers/pricing you can get yourself on the website?

It’s always been the same price for us. I know some fellow cruisers have stated that they have developed a relationship with some of the representatives and have been able to negotiate better deals (usually something included rather than money off I think. 

We tend to find what we want online or as a result of a promo email from Viking and then book with a travel agent who gives us the maximum allowable onboard credit allowed by Viking.  We have never been able to get the phone representatives to match that credit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

It’s always been the same price for us. I know some fellow cruisers have stated that they have developed a relationship with some of the representatives and have been able to negotiate better deals (usually something included rather than money off I think. 

We tend to find what we want online or as a result of a promo email from Viking and then book with a travel agent who gives us the maximum allowable onboard credit allowed by Viking.  We have never been able to get the phone representatives to match that credit. 

Thank you! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, just_dont said:

If I'm not mistaken, requesting a quote gets you the detailed itinerary, including port arrival and departure times and whether they are expecting to be docked or tender.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My experience also.  The phone folks are able to answer detailed questions that are not necessarily clear on the website.  Negotiating?  If you mean money off, I've never experienced that or heard of anyone just getting money off.  On the other hand, sometimes the phone representatives will point something out to  you that will save you money.  For example, on our currently-booked cruise, the representative noted that we had previously booked business class airfare and pointed out that if we booked one level of stateroom higher than we were planning, we would get a special deal on business class airfare.  It ended up that we got the higher level of stateroom for about the same price we would have paid for the lower level stateroom plus business airfare.

• Like 1