Question about crew interaction...

ncl757

19 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

We are happy to have crew contact, even at dinner.  On our Escape cruise, the Maître d' and Head Chef stopped by our table for comments and after a brief discussion, the Maître d' provided a complementary bottle of wine to go with our dinner.  Come on down!

We like that too.  I actually meant are the CN folks trying to sell you certs at dinner?

After reading through the comments, I can guess why some folks got *treats* and others didn't! LOL!! We have been asked on several occasions about our experiences on the ship we're on. We must be the odd ones out, we got treats (with the card from the person who spoke with us) each and every time. Once our son in law was even given a bottle of homemade hot sauce from the maitre'd  on the Pearl - his mother made the sauce. It pays to be nice, and gracious even when you do have complaints or concerns. (at least in our case!)

7 hours ago, DCP said:

After reading through the comments, I can guess why some folks got *treats* and others didn't! LOL!! We have been asked on several occasions about our experiences on the ship we're on. We must be the odd ones out, we got treats (with the card from the person who spoke with us) each and every time. Once our son in law was even given a bottle of homemade hot sauce from the maitre'd  on the Pearl - his mother made the sauce. It pays to be nice, and gracious even when you do have complaints or concerns. (at least in our case!)

Really. You imply because you think you are so nice and so special, NCL likes you more and gave you a "treat" while other people got secretly blacklisted:  NO TREAT.  LMAO  We are all so jealous of the bottle of hot sauce.  

Yes its probably on the survey checklist   Treat or no treat

🤣

Edited by david_sobe
  • Haha 1

I was on two B2b cruises and complimented the customer service folks on their pleasant demeanor. While they both were very nice, MSC  delivered two caps and two small travel bags to our cabin as thanks with a note. Nothing from NCL, but I wasn't expecting anything.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 9:52 PM, casofilia said:

This is an NCL thing.   Princess don't give you anything at all even when you politely point out gross failures to proof read important documents.

This is not true. We've sailed several times on Princess, and there were a few times we just happened to mention something either in light conversation with our waiter, or at Guest Services, and we received nice little "treats" as others have called it.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 4:15 PM, swmichigan cruiser said:

Even if they don't send you anything one of the best things NCL does is having their people out greeting people and asking the passengers what they can do for them. We have received things sent to our cabin  on many NCL cruises but the interaction is even more special.  They do such a great thing about attending the M&G and handing out their cards and getting to know the passengers. We have been fortunate to cruise a lot and from our experiences no other cruise line comes close to NCL for having their staff out meeting the people.

Hmm i dont want much interaction although i really appreciate the hard work, been on the jewel for 40 days , another great deal syd round trip but i doubt i will we go because everyone recognizes us as those wierdos that cruise all time, got to go to a different ship

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick addition to this subject. We are just off the Getaway, were approached in the MDR, and talked briefly with the two that stopped at our table, they asked for out cabin number. Later that night we had a dozen chocolate chip cookies delivered to our cabin (no note saying who they were from this time though!). I am assuming they were from the gentlemen who stopped at our table and asked how our cruise was. Once again, we got a *treat*. 🙂

I got a treat for contacting the Guest Services Manager to tell them about the boarding stampede that knocked over the mobility assistance boarding group - so they would leave more time after they go before they release the hounds.

And on out last trip, the cruise critic meet n mingle was repeated on the last sea day to ask for our feedback and the officers came and sat at our tables for discussions.

I have always found the Officers and staff and crew on NCL to be very approachable and interested to talk to us.  I believe it's the culture.  I did NOT get the same on Anthem of the Seas last year.  I think it's a key difference.