Miss A Port In Cruise Insurance

cyndyga

Just took a look at their web site. They have changed it dramatically. The $ value listed are the policy limits.

https://travel.nationwide.com/plans/cruise?WT.srch=1&wt.tsrc=NIS_Banner_Travel_Desktop_Google&wt.mc_id=NIS_Desktop_Travel_Banner_Google_NA_NA_UM_NA_NA_NA&utm_medium=cpm&utm_campaign=nis&utm_source=google&utm_content=travel:desktop:google:na:um:na:NA&utm_term=NA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiuiW-KSR5wIVBcpkCh1hMQvWEAAYASACEgLU5_D_BwE

Itinerary Changes
  • Ports of call changed prior to departure (not available to residents of FL, MN, MO, NH, NY, OR, PA, VA, WA)
  • Fire, mechanical, other covered issue impacting cruise experience (not available to residents of FL, MN, MO, NH, NY, OR, PA, VA, WA)
  • Itinerary change after departure causing you to miss a pre-paid excursion

• $100
  •  
  •  
  • $100
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • $250

Yes I also noticed they have made a lot of changes to this particular coverage over the last few years with more and more hurricanes.  We actually got to collect on it when our itinerary changed prior to departure due to a hurricane last September.  At that time our coverage was $250/pp for an itinerary change, looks like they've dropped it once again.  One of the main reason we choose this insurance with this added option when sailing during that season.  Oh well.

I am jumping on this a little late, but here are a few comments to add to what the other posters have already said. There was another thread that talked about the reduced benefits in the Nationwide Cruise plans. It was several months ago, but I believe the benefit amounts are current.  I posted a link to the thread below.

The Nationwide plans offer three itinerary change benefits:

1. Ports of call changed prior to departure
  2. Specific covered issues impacting cruise experience after departure
  3. Itinerary change after departure causing you to miss a pre-paid excursion

I am also unaware of any other insurance plans that specifically cover items 1 or 2.  (If someone knows of one, please post) Other plans may cover item 3 if you have a financial loss, but most reputable tour companies will refund your money if your ship misses a port or is delayed so you cannot make an excursion.  Thus in most instances, item 3 will never come into play.

Here is the other thread on Nationwide's reduction of benefit amounts.

• Thanks 1