Transport from Ship at Civitavecchia to Train Station

bobmacliberty

We will be disembarking from our Royal cruise in Civitavecchia and plan to travel on to Florence by train.  I'm looking for the easiest way to get from the ship to the Civitavecchia train station.  I understand the shuttle bus to Largo della Pace and then bus/walk to the train station option.  The 2 of us will likely have 3 pieces of luggage plus backpacks and I'd rather pay a taxi or private car to transport us and our stuff.  I know from a previous cruise that stopped here that tour guides could pick up customers at the ship.  Is this also true for local transportation?  Is a taxi/car to the train station even an option?  I recall reading somewhere that taxis don't want to make this trip because it's too short.  We're on Royal's Explorer of the Seas arriving on 8 September at 5:00am (not sure which dock) and we're targeting for the 9:16am train to Roma Termini.  Thanks for any help.

For the amount it would cost you for a car service from the port to the train station at Civitavecchia (assuming you can find one that will take this fare) you might as well pay a little more and have them take you to Rome for the train (you'd have to change trains there anyway, there are no direct trains from Civitavecchia to Florence).

There is extremely low likelihood that you would be able to pick up a taxi from the ship directly. Usually only taxis with pre-reserved pick-ups are allowed into the port. 

Even if you take the port shuttle to the main drop off/pick-up area at Largo della Pace, the odds are slim of getting a taxi to the station as it is such a short trip.

Your options are either to pack lighter and manage the luggage, or as eurocruiser says you could arrange a private driver to pick you up from the ship and transport you to Rome to catch your train for Florence.