Kauai Boat ride of the Napli Coast,any recommendations?

luvcruises1105

Hi everyone. My husband and I will be in Kauai next year in April 2021, we will only be there from 8am to 5pm on a Princess ship. We are very interested in a boat ride of the Napali Coast. I hear it is just breathtaking. We dont really want a snorkeling trip and due to time constraints we cant do a dinner or sunset cruise. We are hopeful to get some recommendations from any of you who have done this before. Hubby is in his 60s and I am in my 40s. Just would like a nice relaxing cruise along the Napali coast. Any tour companies you can recommend for a few hours while we are there?  Thank you in advance❤🛳

• Like 1

We did the Napali Coast through Princess. Most of the time was cruising along the Napali coastline and cliffs. The boat ride was spectacular. We saw a school of spinner dolphins, and the captain stopped the boat so we could watch them. We also went into a few caves and then stopped for snorkeling. Lunch was served during the snorkel time, and there were people who did not go in the water. Even if you stay on the boat, you can see fish and maybe turtles from the boat.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We really recommend this excursion! The Na Pali coast is beautiful! 

We went twice (2 different cruise) but both were in Feb. Prime whale season! Altho we did not get near any whales, the naturalist onboard put a mike(hydrophone) in the water and we heard them singing. 

First time was on the small "Zodiac type" boat. If you sit in the back it is (somewhat) less bumpy. The 2nd time was on a larger boat that had a canopy. We really enjoyed it. My husband is a snorkeler/diver and he went in both times and said he saw some fish but was mostly awed by the turtles. Since it's been several years since we've done this excursion, I don't know if the Na Pali Explorer company is still the company that does this, but we thought it was really cool. We would do it again!

When it's closer to your cruise,  see if you can contact folks on that itinerary a few cruises before yours to see if they can tell you what company does the excursion. Then you can see the type of boats they have on their website. With the Princess excursion they pick you up and bring you back. No hoping you make it back to the ship on time. We loved it!

Have fun! Aloha!

• 4 months later...
On 2/12/2020 at 10:29 AM, scottca075 said:

The only way I would do a Na Pali tour on a short window (8AM to 5PM) is on the official cruise company tour.

I second Scott. 

Also, I am SO excited for you to see it! ❤️ It is BY FAR my favorite activity on all the islands. It is incredible.