Barcelona cruise port shuttle

Retraitee

I would like to know, if We can take our luggage on  the Barcelona cruise port bus. Our hotel is on La Rambla and We would like to walk from the Columbus monument. We each have a large suitcase and  a small one.Thank you for all answers that would héla us.

18 minutes ago, Retraitee said:

I would like to know, if We can take our luggage on  the Barcelona cruise port bus. Our hotel is on La Rambla and We would like to walk from the Columbus monument. We each have a large suitcase and  a small one.Thank you for all answers that would héla us.

We have done this, most recently this last October. But we don’t travel with large suitcases. It is like a city bus. If you can lift and maneuver your bags up the stairs and down the aisle on your own, you should be ok...

• Like 1

If you have wheels on your luggage and don't have any mobility issues, you can walk to the Las Ramblas. I am 55 and done it a couple of times, it took me about 15 / 20 minutes. When you come off the ship just walk over the bridge in the port and do a right. Again it all depends on your situation, I have never taken the bus but I would guess that you will be able to take your luggage on board.

@Retraitee

Howdy and welcome back to Cruise Critic!! emo22.gif I see it has been a while since you have posted on the boards.

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum that is for general questions about cruising. 👍 

However since your new thread concerns a specific Port of Call, I have moved your thread to the  Ports of Call - Europe - Mediterranean - Eastern & Western - Spain Ports forum where it will be on-topic. Please browse through the thread titles on this new forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members will have already posted questions and received answers that will be of help.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

41 minutes ago, hkto said:

Not 15 min. At least 30 to Columbus statue

To the OP:

We docked at Moll Adossat, Terminal B, and the walk is about 30 minutes (perhaps a little more) to the Columbus monument. Then you would need to add on the distance to your hotel that is located on the Ramblas. The walk from the Columbus Monument to Placa Catalunya takes approximately 20 minutes. Check to see where your hotel is located along the Ramblas and add-on the appropriate time - you could conceivably be looking at a 50 minute walk to your hotel.

I would recommend a taxi to your hotel or, at the least, take the bus to Columbus Monument.

FYI: Carefully watch your belongings while walking the Ramblas with your luggage in tow - pickpockets are very active in this area.

Edited by dogs4fun

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 8:01 PM, Retraitee said:

You can definitely take your luggage on the cruise port bus.  The only purpose of that bus is taking passengers to/from the port, half which will be embarking/disembarking, and the other half on a port stop.  They have luggage racks.  I believe the cost was 3 Euro each way.  The bus goes between ship and the peninsula by the Teleferic tower next to Hotel Eurostars Grand Marina, which is about a 5 min walk from Columbus statue.  You could walk the same distance that the port bus travels, but you have to go across a bridge, which is inclined to allow ship traffic to flow underneath, and is at least 3km if you're coming from Port Terminal A.  If your ship is parked at another terminal further away, add on to that.  I wouldn't walk it with luggage, and we usually DIY and walk a LOT.  We saw people walking across that bridge, and they looked frustrated with their decision.  😄

Edited by twruger