Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2020

barbpretz

On my last Princess cruise and couple years ago, we took everything in the refrigerator out and stuck it behind the TV (it sat on a shelf). We did this so that we could put water in the refrigerator and get it kind of cold.

Is it still possible to do this?

41 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

What was I the cooler that you removed?

They used to be more of a mini-bar.  We always asked the steward to remove them so we wouldn’t have charges.  Thank goodness that is a thing of the past!

1 hour ago, Cool_Dude said:

On my last Princess cruise and couple years ago, we took everything in the refrigerator out and stuck it behind the TV (it sat on a shelf). We did this so that we could put water in the refrigerator and get it kind of cold.

Is it still possible to do this?

Yes, but let your cabin steward know you are doing it. He/she may decide to remove the items from your cabin.

Our last several cruises the refrigerator has been empty.  There have been a couple of bottles of water on the shelf behind the TV but they were clearly labeled with a hang tag to let you know they were extra cost items. I haven't seen the soda and stuff in the refrigerator for a while now. (We used to just take them out and stick them on the shelf behind the TV.)

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/23/2020 at 1:26 PM, tennisobo said:

I admit I didn't know about the elevator dinging once when going up and twice when going down.  Thanks for that info!  My own way to remember this:

DingDongDown.  😉

Hi Susan,

Found an old post (now closed to replies) of yours.  Did you ever get an acceptable song?
Add/Message me if you need it.

Cheers,
Bob

Edited by Commodore Stubing

8 hours ago, Commodore Stubing said:

Hi Susan,

Found an old post (now closed to replies) of yours.  Did you ever get an acceptable song?
Add/Message me if you need it.

Cheers,
Bob

Since it was stipulated that the download be legal... You can download the song by Jack Jones (the original singer) on Amazon for $0.99

Note: It's not actually the original version from the TV show though. If I wanted the "real" version I'd just snag a program that lets one pull audio from youtube videos.

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Boat-Theme/dp/B000QLHPVA

Edited by Thrak

On 1/20/2020 at 1:23 AM, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

You can order off the kids menu if you want a change and the volcano is a good choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now this is one of the best secrets. I totally agree with you. I have at least one Volcano on every cruise. See Photo 😋

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

7382F545-7D38-4499-9635-20A3BE7F20E7.jpeg

53A0E9AE-B094-4C8B-8A6A-A4DB7725A461.jpeg

Another hint which may be obvious from the shrimp Caesar salad suggestion is from the everyday menu. I request the Alfredo and ask them to add shrimp or any version of protein. I also need to confess the I bring a small container of Old Bay seasoning for my daily shrimp cocktail and Alfredo at least once each trip! Last time I did this l had several waiters stop over who wanted to taste the Old Bay spice. Can't remember but one of the ships we sailed on had the Old Bay spice on hand. I was raised crabbing on the Chesapeake Bay each summer and McCormick spice Co. was a Maryland institution.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 12:07 AM, Thrak said:

I've seen pics of the newer carpets (and sailed on ships that have the newer carpet) and, despite folks saying how the pattern shows port and starboard as well as forward and aft, I have to admit I just don't see it. Perhaps I'm perceptually challenged but I just don't see it. The old green and red stripes were obvious. I never really seemed to need them (although, for some reason, my wife often did) and, when you know which way to go, a quick glance at the first cabin numbers as you enter the hallway will show you in which direction they are ascending or descending. (This is normally not an issue either but I have to admit that a couple of times I have confidently headed off in the wrong direction. Not far mind you but I have done so.)

The quickest and easiest way to tell which side of the ship that you're looking toward when you turn away from an elevator is to look at the drawing of the ship that is on the wall out in the hall. The bow of the ship in the drawing always faces toward the actual bow of the ship! At least it always has on every one of the Princess ships I've been on.

Bow of ship:              image.jpeg.08b26f3ac5cd87e32958822e8f333c0d.jpeg        :  Stern of ship

Tom

One can usually see a stateroom door from the elevator entrance. If the number is even it's Port side. If the number is odd it's Starboard. Once you walk to the correct side you can usually see two cabin numbers. If the numbers are decreasing that way is Forward. If the numbers are decreasing that way is Aft. Not real difficult.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

The quickest and easiest way to tell which side of the ship that you're looking toward when you turn away from an elevator is to look at the drawing of the ship that is on the wall out in the hall. The bow of the ship in the drawing always faces toward the actual bow of the ship! At least it always has on every one of the Princess ships I've been on.

Bow of ship:              image.jpeg.08b26f3ac5cd87e32958822e8f333c0d.jpeg        :  Stern of ship

The correct nautical terms are "pointy end" and "blunt end."

• Haha 5

• 5 months later...
On 1/23/2020 at 12:07 AM, Thrak said:

I've seen pics of the newer carpets (and sailed on ships that have the newer carpet) and, despite folks saying how the pattern shows port and starboard as well as forward and aft, I have to admit I just don't see it. Perhaps I'm perceptually challenged but I just don't see it. The old green and red stripes were obvious. I never really seemed to need them (although, for some reason, my wife often did) and, when you know which way to go, a quick glance at the first cabin numbers as you enter the hallway will show you in which direction they are ascending or descending. (This is normally not an issue either but I have to admit that a couple of times I have confidently headed off in the wrong direction. Not far mind you but I have done so.)

I have the same problem. For some reason, we always get the deck with this carpet pattern:

Carpet.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Grammy J said:

I’ve searched for your new site and it isn’t to be found. I’ve tried many combinations. Please help me find the site Princes Cruise secrets 2021! Thanks, Jan 

Change your search to search Topics.

image.png.1bfb717228ffc8361ab30c8edc1b75f9.png

Edited by Thrak