Wine Package - 10 day Crown?

dznymom

I am wondering if a Wine Package will be offered on our upcoming 10 night Crown cruise.  DH doesn't do alcohol (got water and a coffee card for him), so the drink package isn't an option, but wine with dinner and on my balcony are something that enhances my cruise. I have been happy with the wine package on previous cruises, but can't find any current  info even with a search of this site.  I'd rather get the package than have to drag on a number of bottles, as we aren't as young and strong as we used to be :classic_rolleyes: 

I can't remember if they have diet ginger ale onboard.  Is there any issue bringing a small amount of soda onboard these days?  

Thanks!

1 hour ago, paul929207 said:

We have been lucky getting the wine card on every cruise where we wanted it. It is NOT advertised. We always ask our assistant waiter on our first night in the MDR

Thank you.  I didn't know you could do that.  Do they have a sheet to look at?

3 hours ago, dznymom said:

I'd rather get the package than have to drag on a number of bottles, as we aren't as young and strong as we used to be :classic_rolleyes:

Unfortunately the availability of the wine package is becoming more difficult to predict. 😟

On a November 28 day cruise it was unavailable; on B2B 7-day cruises last Spring it was available.  The Silver package was discontinued when the new wine list (few $31 bottles) was implemented so if’s only the Gold package.

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price) plus 18% tip:

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

By sheet, do you mean wine list? If so, YES

Sorry, I meant how many bottles you get for a total price.  There used to be a 3 different packages I recall last time I saw it offered.  

26 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Sorry, I meant how many bottles you get for a total price.  There used to be a 3 different packages I recall last time I saw it offered.  

post 6 above - now only one package - Gold - 7 OR 10 OR 12 bottles

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

post 6 above - now only one package - Gold - 7 OR 10 OR 12 bottles

Thanks.  Time to put my glasses on😍 I was scanning and must have missed that.  That is still a good deal...if the wines are available to choose from.  

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Unfortunately the availability of the wine package is becoming more difficult to predict. 😟

On a November 28 day cruise it was unavailable; on B2B 7-day cruises last Spring it was available.  The Silver package was discontinued when the new wine list (few $31 bottles) was implemented so if’s only the Gold package.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

Thanks so much for the info. I preferred the Gold package previously so will hope they offer it.  I guess I will bring a couple extra bottles on with me, and if they don't have the package (or some appealing reasonably priced wines on the wine list) I should be able to find something in St Thomas or elsewhere.  I am assuming I can bring wine on in any port as long as I pay corkage?  

Lucky for me my husband is indulgent and will carry on whatever I want :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

That is still a good deal...if the wines are available to choose from.  

We’ve always had our wine selections available with a wine package but some have not been as fortunate.

Based on the cruise we’ll gamble on having a wine package on 10+ day cruises.  For our 28 day cruise on the Sky the package was unavailable but being in Italy we carried on some of our favorite wines during embarkation & turnaround day in Civitavecchia.  For our Spring B2B cruises with a drive to the Port of LA we’ll bring our favorites from home & not gamble on a wine package.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dznymom said:

Thanks so much for the info. I preferred the Gold package previously so will hope they offer it.  I guess I will bring a couple extra bottles on with me, and if they don't have the package (or some appealing reasonably priced wines on the wine list) I should be able to find something in St Thomas or elsewhere.  I am assuming I can bring wine on in any port as long as I pay corkage?  

Lucky for me my husband is indulgent and will carry on whatever I want :classic_biggrin:

We’ll bring our allotted free bottle for each of us & if there’s no wine package can replenish during a day in port.  

Sailing in North & South America and in Europe we’ve openly carried a couple of bottles of wine from ports.  We’re prepared to pay the $15 fee but have never been charged when carrying onboard.  Although for us we drink most of our wine in a dining room where they charge the $15 fee so for us we either pay it sooner or later.