How many cruise pax monitor Cruise Critic?

jsf

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

I am on a roll call for a P&O cruise next year. 3 members on it. The social media page also has a roll call. 60 on it so far. I just think most UK cruisers just don't know about CC, or if they do, they tend to think it is for American cruisers only.

Perhaps there’s a problem understanding our various American accents. I know I have difficulty with scousers and glaswegians. 

28 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

Perhaps there’s a problem understanding our various American accents. I know I have difficulty with scousers and glaswegians. 

Well, I'm a Brit, and I have trouble at times as well!

However,  going back to the original topic, the social media pages are much more user friendly than CC, and attract a much younger age group than would seem to be the case here. 

15 hours ago, davecttr said:

I suppose you have to be able to speak and read English to gain anything out of CC. That eliminates a LOT of cruisers.

The UK based Marella forum here has a dozen or so regular posters but the FB pages are very busy

It is said that maybe forums like this comprise the lunatic fringe of cruisers!

I find most people outside of Australia have an accent, some are easier to understand than others.

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I find most people outside of Australia have an accent, some are easier to understand than others.

Don't people from different parts of Australia have different accents,one place I have never been but given that people accross the UK & the USA have differing accents by region I would be surprised if Australia was different!

22 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Don't people from different parts of Australia have different accents,one place I have never been but given that people accross the UK & the USA have differing accents by region I would be surprised if Australia was different!

Yeah there are differences between the states but then it is all aussie.

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yeah there are differences between the states but then it is all aussie.

When I worked for  Qa.ntas the aussie said they could  understand  me better.  Maybe  cause  I'm  from  the  South  and  speak more slowly. 

33 minutes ago, clo said:

When I worked for  Qa.ntas the aussie said they could  understand  me better.  Maybe  cause  I'm  from  the  South  and  speak more slowly. 

Speaking slower helps no matter what the accent, especially with Scottish accents.