Cruise Critic Community
golf4me2010

How to use shore excursion credit?

Hi,

Added an excursion to my cart but there was no way for me to add the excursion credit to it. Can someone explain how that works and how you apply the credit to a booking?

Thx

Anthony

You account will be credited with $50.00 after the completion of the excursion, remember it is per cabin not per person.

You would need to call to book and they will not charge you until you are on the ship.  

3 minutes ago, cadmille said:

You account will be credited with $50.00 after the completion of the excursion, remember it is per cabin not per person.

Also wondering since I've never had the excursion credit offer/promo before......so essentially you pay the full price on your credit card if booking in advance, and then while on the cruise if you complete the excursion they put a $50 credit on your on board account?

I also have $50 shore excursion credit, I think you have to call and reserve the excursion then they will apply the credit to your account. Shore excursion number 866-625-1167

In a nutshell - if you have the excursion credit, it is applied to your account after you take an excursion.  $50/cabin (unless you have double then it would be $100).  If you don't take a NCL excursion at a given port, there is no credit.

If you book online, you will pay for your excursion and the $50 will apply to other on-board expenses or returned to you at the end of the cruise if you have pre-paid for everything and don't have on-board expenses.

If you call to book, you can choose to charge the cost of the excursions to your on-board account, in which case the $50 will help to offset the cost of the excursions, plus any OBC you might have can also be used to pay for excursions.  The same applies if you book an excursion onboard.

The $50 will never be applied until the day of the excursion - past any cancellation opportunity.  The exception to this is if you take a post-cruise excursion - in that case, the credit is applied to your final bill.

I’ve done this a couple times... it is best to call the NCL excursion line.  They will book your excursion and not charge you in advance.  After you board, you will be charged in full to your onboard account the entire cost of all excursions booked.(be sure if you have a latitudes discount it is applied).  Then each day after you return from the excursions your on board account will be credited $50.  If you have a disembark excursion, that is credited the day before.

My method

Phone Miami shore excursion desk.  They will ask for your booking number and will know you have the shorex perk.

Do NOT BOOK your shore excursions but RESERVE them.

In that way there is no discussion about paying or not paying, the person will automatically reserve them for you and tou will receive a Shorex Confirmation email.

When on board ALL reserved shorex will be charged overnight the first night.  (CHECK you have any Latitude discount allowed; you may have to talk with the on board shorex staff)

Overnight after you have done the shorex the $50 (or $100 if you got two perks) will be credited to your account.  (Or less if the shorex less Latitudes discount brought the cost to under $50/$100)

Remember that the $50/$100 is per Cabin NOT per person.

Folks, there’s no need to keep starting new threads to ask the same questions about how to use the shorex promo:

@Turtles06

Unless you keep adding to your thread yourself it MAY finish up on P3 or P4 where no one goes to look!!!   That is why people keep starting new threads on a \n old topic.  And that is not only true for your thread.

11 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@Turtles06

Unless you keep adding to your thread yourself it MAY finish up on P3 or P4 where no one goes to look!!!   That is why people keep starting new threads on a \n old topic.  And that is not only true for your thread.

So true......   CC would be all of 3 pages if only one thread per subject were followed. 

also, @julig22 pretty much nailed it without going to another thread / link. 

Just now, casofilia said:

@Turtles06

Sadly, you are correct. But there’s no need for folks to scroll and scroll through multiple pages, there’s a search engine here. And for questions like this one, it’s pretty safe to assume it’s been addressed before. 

Thanks for all the replies.

I never ask a question without searching first. Whatever terminology I was using was not being found hence the post. This is not the first time I have searched for an item without finding. 

Anthony

I agree with the search engine not always being very helpful.

We called to reserve our excursions.  It was easy and works well for us.  The excursion credits will be applied against the excursion charges on the onboard account.  We also have a $250 obc from the travel agency that will also go toward that.

I called to book shore excursions and was told they now had to be paid in full. The $50 promo credit and latitudes discount will be applied at time of purchase. 

I believe this only applies to cruises booked after Feb 4ish.  But hard to say if they will continue to honor that.

I just used the promo credits for the first time last week. I called and booked two excursions. I told the phone agent that I was Platinum Plus and should receive a 15% discount. She agreed but when we looked at our account on the ship, the discount wasn’t applied. Got it straightened out through Guest Services (the excursion desk was closed at the time). Received the $50 credit the day after the excursion. I was surprised to find out that the credits appeared on my account as refundable OBC so I cashed them out on the final morning of the cruise.

27 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I just used the promo credits for the first time last week. I called and booked two excursions. I told the phone agent that I was Platinum Plus and should receive a 15% discount. She agreed but when we looked at our account on the ship, the discount wasn’t applied. Got it straightened out through Guest Services (the excursion desk was closed at the time). Received the $50 credit the day after the excursion. I was surprised to find out that the credits appeared on my account as refundable OBC so I cashed them out on the final morning of the cruise.

That is how is has been for as long as I've been gold or above.  In the very very fine print, it does mention that you have to tell them at the excursion desk - but in a way that sounds like that's only if you don't pre-book.  Or it might be a glitch - but you do have to check.  Sad to think of how many people left that discount behind.  And yes, the $50 is a cash credit to your account, so fully refundable if not spent.

On 1/20/2020 at 12:34 PM, RHilla619 said:

Also wondering since I've never had the excursion credit offer/promo before......so essentially you pay the full price on your credit card if booking in advance, and then while on the cruise if you complete the excursion they put a $50 credit on your on board account?

If you call to book you are not charged until the first day of the cruise for all the excursions you booked.  You will receive the $50 credit after you complete each excursion. Also if you are supposed to receive a latitudes discount make sure you get it once the charge is on your bill. On one cruise we did it wasn't and I had to have it corrected

3 minutes ago, cruiserssandr said:

If you call to book you are not charged until the first day of the cruise for all the excursions you booked.  You will receive the $50 credit after you complete each excursion. Also if you are supposed to receive a latitudes discount make sure you get it once the charge is on your bill. On one cruise we did it wasn't and I had to have it corrected

The procedure apparently changed about a month ago - so unless it has changed again, you now have to pay even if you have the excursion credit.  So it depends (hopefully) on when you booked your cruise.  Mine are either already booked or it's too early, so I have no experience, just reporting what I've seen on other posts.

Posted (edited)

As of this week, for new bookings it will apply the shore excursion credit automatically online when you add it to your cart. Your latitudes discount will show up when you check out.  So now when you book online you only pay the final price after all discounts. This is for NEW bookings only. It’s not available for the cruises I booked prior to this week.

If you call to book you will have to pay but it should be the discounted price. But that also may depend on when you booked.

E4881DE2-1065-47E5-A858-EEC75BF3CFF3.jpeg

Edited by Tinyturtle22