Gdansk Amber Shopping

duquephart

I bought a nice pair of earrings at a shop in Gdansk--don't remember the name.  I also bought a very nice necklace at one of the pop-up tables set up in front of the ship when we returned. Good prices for the quality.

We bought a small item in Gdansk at a reasonable price and apparently good quality.  However, as an aside, we found the prices in the shop on the ship to be quite competitive and we felt a little more sure that it was actually real amber.

There were several high end jewelry shops on the main street when we were there. Our PD (this was a Grand Circle trip) took a couple people into the shops and helped them shop. 

There were several arts and crafts booths set up in town, too, but most only took local cash and I had none and didn't want to get any for just a few items. 

Also check out the ports of call section since your question is really more of port specific question than a cruise line specific question. You will find a lot more shoppers (and a lot more people, period) who will be able help you expand your knowledge about amber shopping.

On 1/20/2020 at 3:52 PM, duquephart said:

Also to get a COA.

I will happily give you a COA for anything you want. Anyone can give you a printed sheet of paper and tell you it is a COA. Unless you know what a proper COA looks like and how to tell when you have been shown a counterfeit, a COA is absolutely no protection against fraud.

• Like 1