April 2020 LAX to San Pedro Princess Sailing

StrikeEagle7

With super shuttle gone, what options besides a taxi and cruise ship transfers are available from LAX?  I heard Uber and Lyft now require off site pick from LAX so it is a hassle.  Can anyone who has traveled from LAX recently comment?  Thanks in advance for your help.

24 minutes ago, StrikeEagle7 said:

With super shuttle gone, what options besides a taxi and cruise ship transfers are available from LAX?  I heard Uber and Lyft now require off site pick from LAX so it is a hassle.

Taxis are also required to pick up at the same place as Uber/Lyft-- a satellite area right near Terminal 1. No more private pickups at any of the terminals. 

Its not as bad as it sounds and I was pleasantly surprised a few weeks ago when I tried it out-- the initial teething problems are gone and it moves reasonably well. I used Uber but Lyft looked just as easy. 

There are other shuttle services picking up the slack but frankly I find Uber/Lyft to be just as fast even with the added step. Point to point and no waiting for or dropping off other people on a shared ride shuttle. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Taxis are also required to pick up at the same place as Uber/Lyft-- a satellite area right near Terminal 1. No more private pickups at any of the terminals. 

Its not as bad as it sounds and I was pleasantly surprised a few weeks ago when I tried it out-- the initial teething problems are gone and it moves reasonably well. I used Uber but Lyft looked just as easy. 

There are other shuttle services picking up the slack but frankly I find Uber/Lyft to be just as fast even with the added step. Point to point and no waiting for or dropping off other people on a shared ride shuttle. 

Thank you.  I love the ease of Uber/Lyft.  I presume it is still cheaper than a taxi for two people which I was told is $65 to $70.  Is that true?

46 minutes ago, StrikeEagle7 said:

Thank you.  I love the ease of Uber/Lyft.  I presume it is still cheaper than a taxi for two people which I was told is $65 to $70.  Is that true?

Its about half what they quoted you for a taxi-- usually around $35 each way for Uber or Lyft. 

We used Prime time in January from LAX to San Pedro Doubletree. day before sailing.  Booked online $16.00 pp, plus taxes, there was 6 of us, booked a "private Van", got text messages and phone call after arriving, picked up outside baggage claim, just walked across to the median, very efficient.   I think you have to take a shuttle to the staging area now for taxis and non "private"  shuttles.  But our Van was right there about a 50 foot  walk from baggage.

8 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Agreed, I took a Lyft from LAX about a week ago and it was a pretty painless process. The shuttle runs often and the LAX-It area had lots of signs and lots of employees directing us to the appropriate locations.