Freeport: Lighthouse Pointe at Grand Lucayan Resort - heated pool?

Timmay77

We are considering getting a day pass for our March 25th visit to the Bahamas. 

Is the pool heated? I have heard the ocean will be fairly cold in March, and the girls will want to swim. It was suggest we get a day pass to a resort.

https://www.resortforaday.com/lighthouse-pointe-at-grand-lucayan/#2020-03-25

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

I was just there Jan 29th, but I booked it through shoreexcursioneer. 

There is a really nice infinity pool, but it was not heated. That didn't stop a few people from wading in and taking pictures!

There is a hot tub / jacuzzi. And there were activities like bean bag toss, giant checkers, music playing (not too loud), a restaurant & bar. Really nice workers. The beach was groomed very nicely. It was a windy day, so lots of waves. But nice for a walk in the sand.

And you'll probably have the place to yourselves. I think there were about 10 - 12 cruise passengers there the whole day, that I saw. I don't think the actual hotel part is operating yet, so no resort guests.

** I would recommend this place! **

IMG_5397.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5408.JPG

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 12:59 AM, NeedToVacation said:

I was just there Jan 29th, but I booked it through shoreexcursioneer. 

There is a really nice infinity pool, but it was not heated. That didn't stop a few people from wading in and taking pictures!

There is a hot tub / jacuzzi. And there were activities like bean bag toss, giant checkers, music playing (not too loud), a restaurant & bar. Really nice workers. The beach was groomed very nicely. It was a windy day, so lots of waves. But nice for a walk in the sand.

And you'll probably have the place to yourselves. I think there were about 10 - 12 cruise passengers there the whole day, that I saw. I don't think the actual hotel part is operating yet, so no resort guests.

** I would recommend this place! **

IMG_5397.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5408.JPG

It looks really nice!  I will be in Freeport with just my teenage daughter. (The rest of my family has work/college. 😞 ) If you could answer a couple of questions, that would be great!  Was it easy to get a cab to and from the resort?  I'm more worried about the trip pact to the ship.  Also, how long was the cab ride and do you recall the approximate cost of the cab?  Thank you so much! 

2 hours ago, corinnv said:

It looks really nice!  I will be in Freeport with just my teenage daughter. (The rest of my family has work/college. 😞 ) If you could answer a couple of questions, that would be great!  Was it easy to get a cab to and from the resort?  I'm more worried about the trip pact to the ship.  Also, how long was the cab ride and do you recall the approximate cost of the cab?  Thank you so much! 

Hi. It was really easy.

Just walk to the left when you get off the ship.You'll see where the cabs are (mostly vans), and guys are asking if you need a ride anywhere. Just tell one of them that you want the "shuttle" to Lucayan Marketplace. It's $6 pp each way. They will wait until they can fill up the van, with maybe 10 - 12 people. It won't take long.

The ride is maybe 15 minutes. Then, when you get to the marketplace (straw market shopping area), you will pay someone for your whole roundtrip ride. They will give you a plastic card to hold onto that says TAXI. That's for your return ride back to port. They'll tell you when the last ride leaves - it was 4pm (local time) when I was there.

*Also, tell the driver that you're going to Lighthouse Pointe, and he may offer to drop you off there after everyone else gets off to shop. That's what my driver did. Otherwise, it's just a 2 minute walk or so, right down the street. You'll see it easily.

Enjoy! 🏖️

• Like 2

I had a really good grilled chicken sandwich with fries and a Coke. All for about $18 USD with tax.

But I don't eat seafood. Some ladies I met there had the conch fritters, and some kind of fish (?). There is only a small selection of items on the menu, since it's a poolside grill. (Wish I had taken a picture of the menu)

And they were all ordering the local Bahamian beer and fruity drinks. Those were included with their all-inclusive package they purchased. I knew I wasn't going to drink though, so I just bought the resort pass for myself. 

7 hours ago, NeedToVacation said:

I had a really good grilled chicken sandwich with fries and a Coke. All for about $18 USD with tax.

But I don't eat seafood. Some ladies I met there had the conch fritters, and some kind of fish (?). There is only a small selection of items on the menu, since it's a poolside grill. (Wish I had taken a picture of the menu)

And they were all ordering the local Bahamian beer and fruity drinks. Those were included with their all-inclusive package they purchased. I knew I wasn't going to drink though, so I just bought the resort pass for myself. 

Thanks.  We're trying to decide between the $25 option and the all-inclusive.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, corinnv said:

So I booked the resort for next week! We won't be in port too long so I did not purchase the all-inclusive option.  🙂 

Same here!  We'll be there Wednesday and decided against the all-inclusive.

@NeedToVacation, did they take credit cards for the lunch or did you need cash?

Edited by CruisinCrow