does Oasis use WOW bands?

2 minutes ago, pokerguy90 said:

Have wow bands from Anthem cruise.  can they be used on Oasis?

Oasis does use WOW bands now, uncertain whether Guest Services would reprogram old ones.

28 minutes ago, kekepania80 said:

We were on last week and we brought our wow bands from harmony from 3 years ago and they just gave us new ones at no additional cost.

Thanks for the update!☺️

Went on Anthem in a JS so they gave us these bands.  Half way into the cruise I looked down and the band was missing.  Went to GS and got another one.  My helper was not too pleasant so I got the idea that she was supposed to charge me but didn't.  The next day we went to Atlantis and their waterpark.  On the bus back I noticed I once again had no band on my wrist.

Didn't bother to get a third one and did not miss it at all.

Wow bands are fake new(tech)s

Seeing the comments above I was prepared to hear that these things were $40 or $50.  Five bucks?  Wow is right.  I can see this coming in handy on formal nights when I'm wearing a dress with no pockets or at the beach or pool when I don't want to have to worry about where to put my sea-pass card.

I worry about losing one though.  Wouldn't someone be able to charge your account if they found it?

1 hour ago, essgee_ca said:

Seeing the comments above I was prepared to hear that these things were $40 or $50.  Five bucks?  Wow is right.  I can see this coming in handy on formal nights when I'm wearing a dress with no pockets or at the beach or pool when I don't want to have to worry about where to put my sea-pass card.

I worry about losing one though.  Wouldn't someone be able to charge your account if they found it?

It’s like the seapass cards.  Your picture comes up when they scan it for a purchase. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 6:15 PM, Host Clarea said:

Oasis does use WOW bands now, uncertain whether Guest Services would reprogram old ones.

hi!  I just called RCCL to ask about WOW bands and they said Oasis of the Seas does not have WOW Bands yet.  I then came here and found this post.  You sailed on Oasis and they for sure have them?  I'm pretty pumped about it and just want to confirm so I can tell my party! 

Just now, staceyberoth said:

I just called RCCL to ask about WOW bands and they said Oasis of the Seas does not have WOW Bands yet.

And if you would have called another 5 times, you may have gotten the right answer, that she has them, maybe half the time.

3 minutes ago, staceyberoth said:

hi!  I just called RCCL to ask about WOW bands and they said Oasis of the Seas does not have WOW Bands yet.  I then came here and found this post.  You sailed on Oasis and they for sure have them?  I'm pretty pumped about it and just want to confirm so I can tell my party! 

They do have them.  That link posted to the FAQ doesn't include Oasis as having them, though, which is probably why the phone reps don't know any better.  The technology was added to Oasis during the AMPflication..changed all the SeaPass cards to tap-to-use and that allowed them to use WOW bands.

Edited by AshleyDillo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, staceyberoth said:

Don’t call the CS line and expect any accurate information about what is happening on the ships