Fan-ta-sea Cat & Nevis Beach w/ Lunch & Open Bar

let's go cruising

We took the Fan-ta-sea Cat & Nevis Beach w/Lunch and Open Bar tour on January 8, 2020.Ā  It was a Carnival Excursion, but it was put on by Blue Safari.Ā 

Ā 

We really enjoyed our day! We took the Catamaran right from the cruise port.Ā  There were a lot of people on the boat; I think 61.Ā  However, it didn't seem crowded.Ā  We sat up front. There were benches to sit up front as well as on the netting. In the main area of the boat, there were benches and it was covered.Ā  I don't think anyone got wet from the sailing.Ā Our first stop was after a very nice sail. It was to an area to snorkel. There was almost no coral. It was mostly boulders. However, there were a lot of fish to see.Ā  It was very nice.Ā  There was also a LARGE green moray eel. We watched it for about 10 minutes swimming around on the bottom.Ā  VERY COOL.Ā 

Ā 

After that, we reboarded and had lunch.Ā  That's when the bar opened up.Ā  It is absolutely an open bar. We drank beer, but there was also a rum punch. We enjoyed our lunch too.Ā 

Ā 

As we ate, we sailed to Nevis where we had our beach break. Everyone got off the catamaran right onto the beach. The cat backed back up into the deeper water to wait until it was time to go.Ā  We were meant to stay in an area of the beach. The crew set up a bar right there.Ā  DH and I didn't get anything from it, so I don't know what they had.Ā  It was a nice beach.Ā  There were chairs and umbrellas to rent.Ā  We spent our time in the water.Ā  I don't know if it was just the day we were there, if it happens every day.Ā  There is a mountain or large hill on the island.Ā  It caused a dark rain cloud to form RIGHT ON OUR BEACH.Ā  We hardly had any sun and were rained on.Ā  It was still enjoyable, but a little chilly, so be prepared for that possibility.

Ā 

We then took the cat back to port. The bar stayed open and the dance music played.Ā  Lots of fun and dancing.

Ā 

I would do this again.

Ā 

If you have questions, please ask.

Ā 

Renee

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/20/2020 at 5:35 PM, let's go cruising said:

We took the Fan-ta-sea Cat & Nevis Beach w/Lunch and Open Bar tour on January 8, 2020.Ā  It was a Carnival Excursion, but it was put on by Blue Safari.Ā 

Ā 

We really enjoyed our day! We took the Catamaran right from the cruise port.Ā  There were a lot of people on the boat; I think 61.Ā  However, it didn't seem crowded.Ā  We sat up front. There were benches to sit up front as well as on the netting. In the main area of the boat, there were benches and it was covered.Ā  I don't think anyone got wet from the sailing.Ā Our first stop was after a very nice sail. It was to an area to snorkel. There was almost no coral. It was mostly boulders. However, there were a lot of fish to see.Ā  It was very nice.Ā  There was also a LARGE green moray eel. We watched it for about 10 minutes swimming around on the bottom.Ā  VERY COOL.Ā 

Ā 

After that, we reboarded and had lunch.Ā  That's when the bar opened up.Ā  It is absolutely an open bar. We drank beer, but there was also a rum punch. We enjoyed our lunch too.Ā 

Ā 

As we ate, we sailed to Nevis where we had our beach break. Everyone got off the catamaran right onto the beach. The cat backed back up into the deeper water to wait until it was time to go.Ā  We were meant to stay in an area of the beach. The crew set up a bar right there.Ā  DH and I didn't get anything from it, so I don't know what they had.Ā  It was a nice beach.Ā  There were chairs and umbrellas to rent.Ā  We spent our time in the water.Ā  I don't know if it was just the day we were there, if it happens every day.Ā  There is a mountain or large hill on the island.Ā  It caused a dark rain cloud to form RIGHT ON OUR BEACH.Ā  We hardly had any sun and were rained on.Ā  It was still enjoyable, but a little chilly, so be prepared for that possibility.

Ā 

We then took the cat back to port. The bar stayed open and the dance music played.Ā  Lots of fun and dancing.

Ā 

I would do this again.

Ā 

If you have questions, please ask.

Ā 

Renee

Thanks, Renee! I was looking for a review of this excursion. I will be in St. Kitts in Feb 2021 with my mom and sister and we are considering this excursion. Do you feel like you got enough time snorkeling and at the beach? Out itinerary also includes San Juan, St. Martin and Grand Turk. Grand Turk and St. Martin will be beach days with a little shopping in St. Martin. San Juan will be a self guided tour of Old San Juan so I wanted to find a more active excursion for St. Kitts. Was is it overly crowded in the water during snorkeling? Thatā€™s usually a concern I have for shop excursions too.Ā 

1 hour ago, CCLcruiserga said:

Thanks, Renee! I was looking for a review of this excursion. I will be in St. Kitts in Feb 2021 with my mom and sister and we are considering this excursion. Do you feel like you got enough time snorkeling and at the beach? Out itinerary also includes San Juan, St. Martin and Grand Turk. Grand Turk and St. Martin will be beach days with a little shopping in St. Martin. San Juan will be a self guided tour of Old San Juan so I wanted to find a more active excursion for St. Kitts. Was is it overly crowded in the water during snorkeling? Thatā€™s usually a concern I have for shop excursions too.Ā 

Ā 

Sounds like the itinerary we were on! We also just walked around Old San Juan. It was the only day we felt HOT. It was a short day anyway, so we walked for a bit and then went back to the ship for lunch and pool time. St. Martin we went to the Lazy Lizard and beach. Great day! Grand Turk we couldn't land. That made for more sea days than port days. HOWEVER, with how life is now... We were so fortunate with our timing.Ā 

Ā 

As for St. Kitts, I DO feel like we had enough time with the snorkeling and beach. It was a really fun time. It wasn't great snorkeling, so don't get your hopes up about that. We all just snorkeled near the boat. That works great for me. I felt very safe that we wouldn't get swept away or anything. It rained while we snorkeled, so most people got out of the water. I don't know why, we were already wet and it wasn't lightning or anything. We brought a dry bag with us and had put everything in it before we got in the water. We saw many fish and even the eel. Altogether, I just feel like it was a very nice day. Relaxed and very fun.Ā 

Ā 

I see you ask if it was crowded during the snorkeling. I would say no. There was one other catamaran there when we were there. I've been other places where I was worried that we could be separated from our group. I never did here.Ā 

Ā 

I loved it and just enjoyed getting to think about it again. Thanks!

Ā 

Renee

Ā 

I attached a picture of DH on the beach. There seemed to always be a rain cloud right there. But, it was NOT crowded!

P1080009.JPG

49 minutes ago, let's go cruising said:

Ā 

Sounds like the itinerary we were on! We also just walked around Old San Juan. It was the only day we felt HOT. It was a short day anyway, so we walked for a bit and then went back to the ship for lunch and pool time. St. Martin we went to the Lazy Lizard and beach. Great day! Grand Turk we couldn't land. That made for more sea days than port days. HOWEVER, with how life is now... We were so fortunate with our timing.Ā 

Ā 

As for St. Kitts, I DO feel like we had enough time with the snorkeling and beach. It was a really fun time. It wasn't great snorkeling, so don't get your hopes up about that. We all just snorkeled near the boat. That works great for me. I felt very safe that we wouldn't get swept away or anything. It rained while we snorkeled, so most people got out of the water. I don't know why, we were already wet and it wasn't lightning or anything. We brought a dry bag with us and had put everything in it before we got in the water. We saw many fish and even the eel. Altogether, I just feel like it was a very nice day. Relaxed and very fun.Ā 

Ā 

I see you ask if it was crowded during the snorkeling. I would say no. There was one other catamaran there when we were there. I've been other places where I was worried that we could be separated from our group. I never did here.Ā 

Ā 

I loved it and just enjoyed getting to think about it again. Thanks!

Ā 

Renee

Ā 

I attached a picture of DH on the beach. There seemed to always be a rain cloud right there. But, it was NOT crowded!

P1080009.JPG

Thank you! This makes me feel a lot better with booking it! Working on planning this trip is definitely what is helping keep me sane with all of this. Iā€™m glad you got to reminisce! Thanks again for your help!

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm consider taking this excursion during our upcoming cruise in September (fingers crossed it actually sails). Your review definitely makes me want to take this tour as I've been to St Kitts twice now and would love to visit the sister island of Nevis and this excursion sounds really fun yet also relaxing.Ā 

Ā 

Quick question though... Do they make you wear life vests to snorkel? WeĀ are advanced open water divers with our own snorkeling gear and I know its a liability issue for the cruise ship/tour company but it drives me insane to be forced to wear one of those stupid things. Thanks for any info you can provide!Ā 

On 6/16/2020 at 7:05 PM, afamnheidi said:

Hi! I'm consider taking this excursion during our upcoming cruise in September (fingers crossed it actually sails). Your review definitely makes me want to take this tour as I've been to St Kitts twice now and would love to visit the sister island of Nevis and this excursion sounds really fun yet also relaxing.Ā 

Ā 

Quick question though... Do they make you wear life vests to snorkel? WeĀ are advanced open water divers with our own snorkeling gear and I know its a liability issue for the cruise ship/tour company but it drives me insane to be forced to wear one of those stupid things. Thanks for any info you can provide!Ā 

Ā 

We think we were wearing BC vests. My husband dives down and he would only do that in a BC. I remember blowing in one. I remember that they showed us not to put much air in. Does that help?

Ā 

As far as visiting Nevis, we really only were on that isolated beach. Don't get me wrong, we liked and had a great time, but it wasn't a tour of Nevis.Ā 

Ā 

The pictures are of the boat and me on the beach in Nevis.

P1080007.JPG

P1080008.JPG

On 6/16/2020 at 6:05 PM, afamnheidi said:

Ā 

There is a good video on YouTube of this excursion. Type in the name of the excursion and it should come up. It was a husband and wife.Ā 

2 hours ago, CCLcruiserga said:

There is a good video on YouTube of this excursion. Type in the name of the excursion and it should come up. It was a husband and wife.Ā 

I just watched the video. It is an excellent representation. Except I didn't see their lunch. Did I skip over it? I didn't watch every minute. They were BC's.

Ā 

Renee

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 7:05 PM, let's go cruising said:

I just watched the video. It is an excellent representation. Except I didn't see their lunch. Did I skip over it? I didn't watch every minute. They were BC's.

Ā 

Renee

I donā€™t remember seeing the lunch specifically. Iā€™d have to go back and watch again. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen anything with negative reviews of it though.Ā 

• 1 year later...

Ā I have reached out to the chartered company RC uses ā€œBlue Water Safarisā€ they have gotten back to meā€¦but not answered my question re: bathroom on board. Ā I need to know if itā€™s on the ā€œmainā€ level on the Catamaran or ā€œdown belowā€ where you need to climb a ladder down. Ā  We have a family memberĀ who will stay on board while we all swim/snorkel and canā€™t climb the ladder if thatā€™s what they have. Ā I have looked for You Tube videosā€¦no luck in finding out. Ā Thank You!

On 11/5/2021 at 11:14 PM, Love2travel4 said:

Ā I have reached out to the chartered company RC uses ā€œBlue Water Safarisā€ they have gotten back to meā€¦but not answered my question re: bathroom on board. Ā I need to know if itā€™s on the ā€œmainā€ level on the Catamaran or ā€œdown belowā€ where you need to climb a ladder down. Ā  We have a family memberĀ who will stay on board while we all swim/snorkel and canā€™t climb the ladder if thatā€™s what they have. Ā I have looked for You Tube videosā€¦no luck in finding out. Ā Thank You!

Can confirm the toilets are below decks. Ā But crew can and do assist with the decent.

Ā