Stanley Park- huge tree felling

When wandering around Stanley Park a few years ago we found a very large downed tree. As we recall the cut rings faced the trail. We went back last year but couldn't find it. 

We're going back this year (for the last time...again) but this time we'll be on a tight schedule. Does anyone know the tree i'm speaking of? I believe it was taller than my husband at 6'. 

Fingers crossed that someone knows! TYIA

There have also been many trees fallen over the years, and generally unless safety is involved they are left where they fall as they're part of the ecosystem, so you might have seen it just about anywhere! Your reference to cut rings doesn't narrow it enough for me, as fallen trees do get trimmed and rotting/damaged trees get actively felled if they would present a risk of falling onto a trail.

Some specific and well-known trees would include these:

• the very unimaginatively-named 'the fallen tree' which was left next to the seawall for kids to climb on after the 2006 windstorm - it's close to the rowing club near the start of the park-perimeter Seawall loop (google map view here) and the root end of the trunk is about man-sized
  • or perhaps the 'National Geographic Tree' which fell in 2007 - it was the biggest tree in the park, so the trunk on that would have been more like 15 feet wide than 6 at 'time of death.' Remains are near the Hollow Tree (Google View); cross the road and head down the first trail on the right toward Third Beach (Google View of trail entrance)
  • while very unlikely, perhaps you were even thinking of Lumberman's Arch, which is a sculpture made of a huge log that's visible from the Seawall?

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...