VIFP days for B2B cruises

VentureMan_2000

Anyone have experience with how the days would be counted toward VIFP Platinum if you are booked for a B2B ?

Would Carnival include all 14 days (two 7-day cruises) towards your VIFP when you first embark on the first cruise if the 14 days would put you over the 75-day Platinum requirement ?  That is, say you had 61 days accumulated and needed 14 more.  Would Carnival consider you Platinum at embarkation ? 

I was given the new status on both legs of a cruise in Sept/Oct. 2019, even though I didn’t reach new status until second leg. When I called for a price drop on 2nd leg, I did mention B2B and they noted it. When I printed boarding passes, both legs showed new level.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Anyone have experience with how the days would be counted toward VIFP Platinum if you are booked for a B2B ?

Would Carnival include all 14 days (two 7-day cruises) towards your VIFP when you first embark on the first cruise if the 14 days would put you over the 75-day Platinum requirement ?  That is, say you had 61 days accumulated and needed 14 more.  Would Carnival consider you Platinum at embarkation ? 

I think I read elsewhere that they would, but that may not be accurate. I would like to know this as well. 

9 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Does Carnival know someone has a B2B before boarding ?  If Carnival were to bump to Platinum, would that happen at the port during check-in, or during online check-in ?

Did they contact Carnival prior to sailing to have the cruises linked together?  If not, then that may have been the reason for the gold card on the first cruise.

• Like 1

We became Platinum on the second leg of a B2B in 2009 and got the gold card the first cruise and the second got the Red, White, and Blue rookie card (new cruisers card was Red white and blue then).  We got the free laundry service and Platinum gifts, but our cards were not Platinum.  They offered to print new cards if we came back later during the cruise, but they worked fine as Red White and Blue; opened our door and paid for on board purchases.  As I recall we also got several complimentary trays and bottle of spirits delivered to our cabin.

We were in this exact situation on our B2B in 2016.  We were recognized as platinum on the first day of the first leg of the B2B.  We did call Carnival and make sure that our 2 cruises were linked.  If you haven't called to link your cruises, I would recommend that you do this.  You should be able to see your status on your paperwork once you are able to print them.

Congratulations on making it to Platinum.