Divina Miami Embarkation with two MSC ships in port...WARNING

Anita Latte

Boarded Divina on January 12 when there was another MSC ship in port. The other big MSC ship was at the MSC terminal and the Divina was at the Carnival terminal. It took over 3 hours to get through embarkation, much of that time was spent in line OUTSIDE where there was no shelter. Standing in the hot sun...and somewhat happy that it wasn't raining...was rough business. I don't know if this is the typical experience when there is more than one MSC ship in port (boarding in the Carnival terminal and not the MSC terminal created issues?)...or if there were extenuating circumstances that lead to this beyond that...I haven't ever experienced such a long wait in line to just to get through security. And then another ridiculously long line to get through the actual check in, which thankfully was indoors with air conditioning and shade. It might not have been so bad if we hadn't been thinking to get onboard to eat lunch...so hungry...but also didn't have much water with us...so getting dehydrated. We took a shuttle from MIA around 1 pm. We weren't eating lunch until 4:13 PM.

Note to self was that if we were to sail Divina again, I would definitely look at the port schedule to see if there was another MSC ship embarking on the same day and be more prepared with plenty of water, hat, sunscreen, and maybe even an umbrella.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2020 at 10:01 AM, Anita Latte said:

I use the app, Cruise Mapper. A quick glance shows that two MSC ships in Miami doesn’t appear to happen again any time soon...so this may be a pointless thread. It was just so rough and unexpected, I wanted to warn people.

Hi Anita, can you do me a favor and check to see if there are more than 1 MSC ship in Miami besides the Divina on March 13?  thank you so much

5 hours ago, potsie57 said:

Hi Anita, can you do me a favor and check to see if there are more than 1 MSC ship in Miami besides the Divina on March 13?  thank you so much

If you go to https://www.cruisetimetables.com/ choose you departure port, and then your date, it will tell you who else is in port that day.  You can also go to http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/ and choose Itinerary Lookup from the menu bar.  pull up your ship/date and it will tell you who is in port with you.  EM