Sailing listed as closed

cgags47

My upcoming sailing (Anthem, 3/22/20) is no longer listed on the RCCL website, and on my Travel Agent portal it's status is "Closed" with no staterooms available.  Am I correct in thinking that this means the ship is 100% booked? 

As long as it's not mysteriously canceled, lol.

Hopefully not chartered.  Seems like not enough time to fill a ship of chartered.

No holiday around March 22 that I could think of.  Interesting that it's sold out.  Prices must have been amazing.

Screenshot_20200121-042533.png

Edited by soremekun

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Most likely sold out.

That's what I'm thinking as well.  I haven't received any sort of notification that it's canceled or anything.

2 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Hopefully not chartered.  Seems like not enough time to fill a ship of chartered.

Screenshot_20200121-042533.png

I thought of a possible charter also, but you're right, it's very close for them to do that.  Also, a couple Anthem sailings in February have no staterooms available and they aren't shown on the website either, so my guess is it's just sold out.

Either way, once their office opens I'm going to call Royal to make sure.  My blood pressure spiked when I saw it though, and figured I'd ask on here.

8 minutes ago, rimmit said:

3/22 is spring break for much of the north east.   Not surprising it is sold out as that is a peak week for RCI.

That's what I was thinking as well.  I just wasn't sure if that would cause them to remove the sailing from the website completely.  Rather than just put "Sold Out" on it.

5 minutes ago, cgags47 said:

That's what I was thinking as well.  I just wasn't sure if that would cause them to remove the sailing from the website completely.  Rather than just put "Sold Out" on it.

They typically just remove them from the website.  Popular repos sell out well in advance as do some spring break cruises.  I noticed the Anthem and Grandeur sell out on occasion a couple months in advance on select cruises as well.  Not super common but it happens.  We have kids and we sail out of Baltimore and Bayonne quite a bit so I am always watching those cruises.

2 minutes ago, cgags47 said:

I’ve also seen them temporarily list the sailing as closed while they sort out the guarantees.  A couple days later it was listed back on the site again.  It is also very probable that it is sold out. 

Unfortunately your call to Royal won’t yield you 100% accurate information.  Revenue does not share the reason why the sailings are listed as closed with the front line people that you are talking to. The person that you talk to will just make something up...most likely “inventory control” which seems to be a standard response for every sailing that is listed as closed.  They may also refer to it as a “code red” which means the sailing is closed to new bookings. 

5 minutes ago, rimmit said:

They typically just remove them from the website.  Popular repos sell out well in advance as do some spring break cruises.  I noticed the Anthem and Grandeur sell out on occasion a couple months in advance on select cruises as well.  Not super common but it happens.  We have kids and we sail out of Baltimore and Bayonne quite a bit so I am always watching those cruises.

Ok, good to know, thanks!

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’ve also seen them temporarily list the sailing as closed while they sort out the guarantees.  A couple days later it was listed back on the site again.  It is also very probable that it is sold out. 

Unfortunately your call to Royal won’t yield you 100% accurate information.  Revenue does not share the reason why the sailings are listed as closed with the front line people that you are talking to. The person that you talk to will just make something up...most likely “inventory control” which seems to be a standard response for every sailing that is listed as closed.  They may also refer to it as a “code red” which means the sailing is closed to new bookings. 

Thank you as well!

I'm more concerned that they decided to cancel the sailing.  Which I know is irrational, but when you're 61 days away from your sail date, you get more and more anxious.

14 minutes ago, cgags47 said:

Ok, good to know, thanks!

Thank you as well!

I'm more concerned that they decided to cancel the sailing.  Which I know is irrational, but when you're 61 days away from your sail date, you get more and more anxious.

Yes that would anxiety.  The amount a charter would have to offer RCI to cancel this close to sailing would be pretty large with a ship so close to sailing.  They would also have a rough time filling the ship unless it was some surprise free cruise for an entire company. (Maybe delta on top of the two months extra salary is doling out free cruises as well....cheaper than the two months free salary)

If this was a year or more out, and your date was unpopular and it was less than 7 days I would say that a charter is a strong possibility.  Given that is a high revenue time for RCI, it’s spring break (although there are charters that have been on the spring break weeks), and about two months out make it seem unlikely.  The only other option is that it could be closed as they have unexpected maintenance....   That did happen to us on a Grandeur sailing last year.  If I remember right we ended up getting cancelled 4-5 months out?  Can’t remember the exact time frame.  It was a 12 night cruise starting Mar. 22 2019 and they needed 6 nights for a quick dry docking.   They truncated the cruise to 6 nights and made it a Bahamas cruise instead of 12 night southern Caribbean.

Edited by rimmit

3 minutes ago, rimmit said:

The only other option is that it could be closed as they have unexpected maintenance....   That did happen to us on a Grandeur sailing last year.  If I remember right we ended up getting cancelled 4-5 months out?  Can’t remember the exact time frame.  It was a 12 night cruise starting Mar. 22 2019 and they needed 6 nights for a quick dry docking.   They truncated the cruise to 6 nights and made it a Bahamas cruise instead of 12 night southern Caribbean.

Great, more anxiety!  lol, I'm sure it's just sold out, but I'm going to call this morning anyway.

I'm on the same cruise and now I'm nervous as well, lol

I realized last night that my balcony room is a D-1,.... I just saw Balcony and it worked for us, which at the time didn't matter because it was just myself and my 2 sons (13 &10).... now my husband wants to try and get off of work to come..... but when i researched apparently D-1 Balconies are for only 3 people...not 4...... If the cruise is sold out, he won't be able to come 😞

6 minutes ago, beccaewert said:

I'm on the same cruise and now I'm nervous as well, lol

I realized last night that my balcony room is a D-1,.... I just saw Balcony and it worked for us, which at the time didn't matter because it was just myself and my 2 sons (13 &10).... now my husband wants to try and get off of work to come..... but when i researched apparently D-1 Balconies are for only 3 people...not 4...... If the cruise is sold out, he won't be able to come 😞

1D balconies allow for an occupancy of 4.  

Its a Royal king bed that can be separated into two twins and a sofa bed that can sleep 2.  Not comfortable for 2 adults but that is how the occupancy is. 

That geing said they may may have reached capacity in your muster station amd even though the cabin can hold 4 they may not allow it. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

1D balconies allow for an occupancy of 4.  

Its a Royal king bed that can be separated into two twins and a sofa bed that can sleep 2.  Not comfortable for 2 adults but that is how the occupancy is. 

That geing said they may may have reached capacity in your muster station amd even though the cabin can hold 4 they may not allow it. 

Ok.... well if he gets off of work, I'll try,... if not then I wont worry about it...

Thanks for that bit of info about the muster station #'s....never thought of it that way....

I have been getting conflicting info on 1D balconies on different sites.....so Im just gonna not worry about it till I have to figure it out....maybe there is hope? 

Thanks again

49 minutes ago, cgags47 said:

Update - After speaking with Royal on the phone and through their Twitter feed, they confirmed the sailing is sold out completely, and that’s why it was removed from the website. 

phew...

Thanks for calling and sharing this information!

For those that have traveled Anthem before.....with having it "sold out"-- do you feel like it will feel crowded or is this ship designed to help move the crowds around? I felt like on Oasis it was good because it was able to move the crowds with all the different things to do

Just curious 

On 1/21/2020 at 8:37 AM, cgags47 said:

Update - After speaking with Royal on the phone and through their Twitter feed, they confirmed the sailing is sold out completely, and that’s why it was removed from the website. 

phew...

Interesting to see how people happily believe Royal when they like the answer.  But if they don't, they call back and get a different answer.

Either way, with Royal, I would not count on the answer.

2 hours ago, SRF said:

Interesting to see how people happily believe Royal when they like the answer.  But if they don't, they call back and get a different answer.

Either way, with Royal, I would not count on the answer.

Well, considering I got the same answer speaking with two different people, what more do you suggest I do?

Those March Anthem sailings were offered super cheap a few months ago. I think Biker is the one who posted about it. LIke $379pp on some sailings. Lasted for a few days before prices started going up again.

So I think they are just sold out. 

Edited by marci22

17 minutes ago, marci22 said:

LIke $379pp on some sailings

$360 ZI (inside) GTY and $420 XB (balcony)GTY. The pricing pattern has been weird in that the inventory is still quite high yet the prices have kept going up - the pricing low point was about a month before final payment which is also weird.