NCL Spirit Teen Club after revitalization

dreadlockjack

Splash Academy (Charlie´s Child Care) will become cabins. The kids´ pool are will turn into Spice H2O - adult area only. There was a teen disco on deck 13 forward which is now marked as "Lounge" on the new deck plans.

The press release about the changes stated that the Spirit will be a ship for adults and older kids.

steamboats

Hi all!

Have now booked a cruise on the NCL Spirit. Meanwhile I have received (without asking for it 😉) an email from NCL stating the following:

"As a result of the renovation, and commensurate with the more exotic itineraries that the ship will be sailing, dedicated youth spaces and programs including Splash Academy, Guppies and Entourage, have been removed. Family activities will continue to be available on board and outlined in the Freestyle Daily."

No problem for us (and our son, 16), but I strongly recommend them to establish a room, where the teenagers (the so called "older kids" 😎) can meet and hang around (with some gaming, etc.). Otherwise they will hang around on the ship anywhere and other guests could be bothered.

Edited by dreadlockjack

4 hours ago, dreadlockjack said:

Hi all!

Have now booked a cruise on the NCL Spirit. Meanwhile I have received (without asking for it 😉) an email from NCL stating the following:

"As a result of the renovation, and commensurate with the more exotic itineraries that the ship will be sailing, dedicated youth spaces and programs including Splash Academy, Guppies and Entourage, have been removed. Family activities will continue to be available on board and outlined in the Freestyle Daily."

No problem for us (and our son, 16), but I strongly recommend them to establish a room, where the teenagers (the so called "older kids" 😎) can meet and hang around (with some gaming, etc.). Otherwise they will hang around on the ship anywhere and other guests could be bothered.

Maybe the front lounge? During the day usually empty.

20 hours ago, dreadlockjack said:

Hi all!

If there's a card/game room that could work. Otherwise that kind of activity can happen outside on the pool deck, outdoor buffet area, atrium, etc. I agree that I'd be unlikely to bring a child/teen on most of the Spirit iteraries. We'll be on her in Japan later in the year. I wouldn't consider bringing our teen on that one; let him work for such an experience or have a career that opens that travel door for him.

On 1/28/2020 at 2:31 AM, dreadlockjack said:

We were on the Spirit with our 16 year old last summer and she met a great group of teens.  They didn't often hang in the teen club and preferred to hang in the conference rooms which I think I still saw on the deck plans (deck 8 if memory serves)

We have received an email to advise as follows;

As a result of the renovation, and commensurate with the more exotic itineraries that the ship will be sailing, dedicated youth spaces and programs including Splash Academy, Guppies and Entourage, have been removed. Family activities will continue to be available on board and outlined in the Freestyle Daily.

Seems like some of the activities on board will still be targeted at children but the specific spaces for clubs will have gone.

Looks like parents may have to continue to be parents on holiday again without the ability to hand off the children to a club all day............................